2023 Ironton Tigers

RBH23
S

Re: 2023 Ironton Tigers

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:45 pm
mustard wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:52 pm
artisgilmore wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:34 pm Will someone let us know what’s going on? Much thanks.
:lol:

well it’s not hard. ironton coaches are goin around once again and rounding up as much local talent from other teams to try overcome the incompetency of sealing the deal at the state championship…

meanwhile all the ironton fans are down at the auger inn gettin chubbies for all the new athletic boys coming in and gettin on this chat forum and braggin up how they are gonna work over burg and south point… 😂

the last one out of the auger inn tonight can coach ironton teams these days…not a difficult task…lol
You and RBH23 are ate up with Tiger envy, doesn’t take much to get you going. See, watch TRANSFER….lol, and go.

Spring Valley
A beautiful Memorial Day weekend, and you are spending time on this site posting and thinking about me? That’s not good.

“Envy”…. Another one of the Kool-Aid drinkers’ go-to words. Now that’s funny!

The correct word would be “sympathy”. I have a lot of that for what has become of Ironton and the football program. Sure, they have been winning games over the past few years, but look at the lengths the program has gone to do so.

1. Vigorously recruiting from other schools because apparently the talent Ironton produces internally is not enough to overcome the coaching deficiencies.

2. Kids currently coming up the ranks of Ironton’s program are only valuable assuming better options cannot be found at other schools. If a bus of talented football players from other schools showed up at IHS, Pendleton would gladly bench current Ironton players and replace them with the new found talent.

3. Ironton program is so fragile that it was held ransom by the head coach based on a lie; he was not offered the Moeller job. Being desperate, the kool-aid drinkers believed it.

For better or worse, Ironton has created a team and culture dependent on recruiting from the outside at the expense of kids already within the program. They have alienated most schools in the area, including long time rivals. They even have surrendered to a coach based on a lie.

For the sake of Ironton, hopefully all of this will lead to an elusive championship and prove worth it in the end.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

RBH23 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:18 am

well it’s not hard. ironton coaches are goin around once again and rounding up as much local talent from other teams to try overcome the incompetency of sealing the deal at the state championship…

meanwhile all the ironton fans are down at the auger inn gettin chubbies for all the new athletic boys coming in and gettin on this chat forum and braggin up how they are gonna work over burg and south point… 😂

the last one out of the auger inn tonight can coach ironton teams these days…not a difficult task…lol
You and RBH23 are ate up with Tiger envy, doesn’t take much to get you going. See, watch TRANSFER….lol, and go.

Spring Valley
A beautiful Memorial Day weekend, and you are spending time on this site posting and thinking about me? That’s not good.

The correct word would be “sympathy”. I have a lot of that for what has become of Ironton and the football program. Sure, they have been winning games over the past few years, but look at the lengths the program has gone to do so.

1. Vigorously recruiting from other schools because apparently the talent Ironton produces internally is not enough to overcome the coaching deficiencies.

2. Kids currently coming up the ranks of Ironton’s program are only valuable assuming better options cannot be found at other schools. If a bus of talented football players from other schools showed up at IHS, Pendleton would gladly bench current Ironton players and replace them with the new found talent.

3. Ironton program is so fragile that it was held ransom by the head coach based on a lie; he was not offered the Moeller job. Being desperate, the kool-aid drinkers believed it.

For better or worse, Ironton has created a team and culture dependent on recruiting from the outside at the expense of kids already within the program. They have alienated most schools in the area, including long time rivals. They even have surrendered to a coach based on a lie.

For the sake of Ironton, hopefully all of this will lead to an elusive championship and prove worth it in the end.
Wow! Tell us more.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:26 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:34 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:21 pm This kid is not the one I was talking about. Right school though.
I know, the guy you’re talking about is a bit bigger, something like 6’4 250 or so. I never heard anything about this other kid posted until I seen it on here and tried looking him up, couldn’t find much on him. The guy you’re talking about has already enrolled at Ironton.
Figured throwing a name out would work.

So its Jackson Green. Senior. Lineman.
Is this kid any good?

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

irontonwizard wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:35 am
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:26 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:34 pm

I know, the guy you’re talking about is a bit bigger, something like 6’4 250 or so. I never heard anything about this other kid posted until I seen it on here and tried looking him up, couldn’t find much on him. The guy you’re talking about has already enrolled at Ironton.
Figured throwing a name out would work.

So its Jackson Green. Senior. Lineman.
Is this kid any good?
Probable 3 star from what I’m hearing.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Spring Valley

I feel sorry for wheelersburg fans. Imagine calling only making it outta your region 3 times in 15 years "solid coaching." No wonder burg fans have Tiger envy during football season. The harvest prep doormats ( formerly known as pirates) cant make it outta their own region.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Spring Valley

No problem, I was in between going to cemeteries paying tribute to the fallen that gave us the freedoms we have on this Memorial Day, thanks.

All of the kids in the program are getting much much better because of the competition and buying in to the system, that’s what’s happening, every kid has the opportunity to work hard and get better, competition breeds success, that’s what’s going on in Tigertown.

PS: Go Fighting Tigers.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:55 am
TigerBob wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:49 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:57 pm

OMG, I just heard from my man, WOW is all I can say.
Tears on tears on tears. And this isn’t even the rumors, just the confirmed one I know.
Yes, I confirmed it tonight with my man, what a pickup is all I can say. If you want to be the best, play with and for the best. 😳
The saying is “to be the best, you gotta beat the best”. That’s the Larry Bird/Magic Johnson mentality.

You must be a Lebron James fan :)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:44 pm

Tears on tears on tears. And this isn’t even the rumors, just the confirmed one I know.
Yes, I confirmed it tonight with my man, what a pickup is all I can say. If you want to be the best, play with and for the best. 😳
The saying is “to be the best, you gotta beat the best”. That’s the Larry Bird/Magic Johnson mentality.

The freedom of choice is a great thing isn’t it?

Sorry, Jordan is the GOAT.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:24 pm

Goat talk is silly. Lots of great players at diff times at every level.

Sidenote: And the superior wheelersburg coaching has only been able to make it out of their region around 3 times in about the last 15 years or so.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:43 pm

Sidenote: And the superior wheelersburg coaching has only been able to make it out of their region around 3 times in about the last 15 years or so.
:lol: its the only way arnton can win….with other team players…that’s why fans get on here after a few rounds at the auger in and brag about who the next pickup is. :lol:

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Kobe is the 🐐 btw. Ask Mike about his lil brother from another mother. The Philly kid is the guy. No other matched Mikes intensity and work ethic. Kobe did and was superior physically. Bean!!!! Jerry West and Michael Jordan as mentors. Was always meant to be.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

mustard wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:47 pm

:lol: its the only way arnton can win….with other team players…that’s why fans get on here after a few rounds at the auger in and brag about who the next pickup is. :lol:
If they play for Ironton they are Irontons players. 💯😉

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:49 pm

If they play for Ironton they are Irontons players. 💯😉
gots to get those dubs somehow…or their will be panic down at the laidback

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

And apparently burg cant win, coach, or recruit. - cause 👉 "only made it outta their region 3 times in about the last 15 years." 👈 👀🤷‍♂️😂

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

I notice how burg is starting more and more to become the "we use to" program. Got to have a lil regional spotlight for a few years but never really was able to fill the shoes of Ironton football and what it means to the region. Since Ironton transitioned beyond the Lutz years and became relevant & competitive again, burg has experienced far less success as a whole. Burg plays Ironton because burgs coaches and AD's need Ironton to be relevant these days. And burg players attend Ironton camps not vice versa. lol. This isn't a present day good comparison at all. Burg can't get outta their region more than 3 times in almost two decades. This Ironton program has eclipsed that average in 5 years lol.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

No problem, I was in between going to cemeteries paying tribute to the fallen that gave us the freedoms we have on this Memorial Day, thanks.

All of the kids in the program are getting much much better because of the competition and buying in to the system, that’s what’s happening, every kid has the opportunity to work hard and get better, competition breeds success, that’s what’s going on in Tigertown.

[/quote]

Totally agree with everything that's said... and that's the way it should be... within a program. It's the tiger transfer portal that people don't like. The obvious bullshit goin on with the paperwork (or arnton should show a nice increase in population with all the new families since the CB number doesn't seem to match the number of new faces so they've obviously moved into the district) The blatent overuse of the early redshirt..And whatever ya wanna say...these new families aren't "moving in" for jr. to ride pine...so they're bumping somebody...
Justify it all ya want. GO (Redmen,hornets,tomcats,highlanders,knights,lions,pointers)TIGERS!

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:56 pm

And apparently burg cant win, coach, or recruit. - cause 👉 "only made it outta their region 3 times in about the last 15 years." 👈 👀🤷‍♂️😂
:lol: not a burg fan :lol:

and both teams wouldn't smell the region if they didnt have other playas from other schools....

only reason arnton has gotten out is because of their great recruiting..... which is great .... just dont post like you got some amazing program built on integrity... :lol:

dont make comebacks on here about burg to make you feel good about ... just embrace your ride.. :lol:

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Also, Ironton has 3 regional titles over the past 15 years. Which is a lot, really. Regional titles aren’t easy to win.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

TigerBob wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:46 am Also, Ironton has 3 regional titles over the past 15 years. Which is a lot, really. Regional titles aren’t easy to win.
That’s impressive for sure. How many does Burg have in football? I will have to say the Burg has a lot more regional and state championships than we do at Ironton when it comes to all sports combine.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Rza1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:10 am ......

Totally agree with everything that's said... and that's the way it should be... within a program. It's the tiger transfer portal that people don't like. The obvious bullshit goin on with the paperwork (or arnton should show a nice increase in population with all the new families since the CB number doesn't seem to match the number of new faces so they've obviously moved into the district) The blatent overuse of the early redshirt..And whatever ya wanna say...these new families aren't "moving in" for jr. to ride pine...so they're bumping somebody...
Justify it all ya want. GO (Redmen,hornets,tomcats,highlanders,knights,lions,pointers)TIGERS!
[/quote]

I’m from Ironton and I love my Fighting Tigers, but I have to agree with some of your post. I’m curious to what situations that you mean?

Return to “Football”