2023 Ironton Tigers

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: 2023 Ironton Tigers

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:47 am Ironton has a lot of kids wrestling this year. I heard Pendelton told the boys if your not playing basketball then you should wrestle.

Biggest concern next year might be inexperience. The JV team was lights out last year and was led by the sophomore now junior class that has 25 kids.

I don’t see terry #14 being a RB next year. I think they will use him in the slot almost like how Burg used lattimore. They are pretty much the same type of player

I can see 3 kids getting a shot at RB. Copas, Williams and Sturgill. All 3 will have a huge offseason and live in the weight room.

QB should be Thacker. He’s built like Jackson’s QB Winters. Extremely talented with a big arm and can run.

WRs will be Pittman and schreck being the #1 and #2 and you can fill in the rest will multiple kids that started on the JV team last year.

OL and DL will be a strength with Patterson, Gossett, Layne

LBs will be interesting Williams and sturgill should start at OLBs both played a lot of varsity minutes and I could see Bump and Sloan as the inside LBs

Secondary should be terry and Pittman at CBs and then you have a mix of guys from the JV team that could play safety

The team is already in the weight room and one of Pendelton’s strengths is developing the talent.

I’m sure I’m leaving some kids out that will contribute just giving my opinion.

Will be interesting during the offseason to see if kids transfer in. Already hearing rumors of kids from Burg, Ashland, Sp and Fairland. Could be just gossip. We will see
Excellent run down!!

Irontons line will be much improved with the experience they gained this year. Glad to see a lot of them will be wrestling. This should be a great offseason for the Fighting Tigers.

Sports fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Sports fanatic »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:25 pm
Bfan99 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:47 am Ironton has a lot of kids wrestling this year. I heard Pendelton told the boys if your not playing basketball then you should wrestle.

Biggest concern next year might be inexperience. The JV team was lights out last year and was led by the sophomore now junior class that has 25 kids.

I don’t see terry #14 being a RB next year. I think they will use him in the slot almost like how Burg used lattimore. They are pretty much the same type of player

I can see 3 kids getting a shot at RB. Copas, Williams and Sturgill. All 3 will have a huge offseason and live in the weight room.

QB should be Thacker. He’s built like Jackson’s QB Winters. Extremely talented with a big arm and can run.

WRs will be Pittman and schreck being the #1 and #2 and you can fill in the rest will multiple kids that started on the JV team last year.

LBs will be interesting Williams and sturgill should start at OLBs both played a lot of varsity minutes and I could see Bump and Sloan as the inside LBs

Secondary should be terry and Pittman at CBs and then you have a mix of guys from the JV team that could play safety

The team is already in the weight room and one of Pendelton’s strengths is developing the talent.

Will be interesting during the offseason to see if kids transfer in. Already hearing rumors of kids from Burg, Ashland, Sp and Fairland. Could be just gossip. We will see
Excellent run down!!

Irontons line will be much improved with the experience they gained this year. Glad to see a lot of them will be wrestling. This should be a great offseason for the Fighting Tigers.
I was told Moore kid 34 would be one the best cover kid they have and he hits hard. So I was told him at corner with Johnson at the other corner and terry and Schreck at safety. Pittman inside linebacker with Bump. Sturgill is to small and won’t have Barnes or carter to take all the heat. I seen a couple of games, but the guy told me that the Massillon JV game showed who their best players were. Pittman played linebacker this year.

Lookiehere
Waterboy

Post by Lookiehere »

I think Pittman is a natural safety. And I think Ironton’s secondary may have holes to fill so he will be more valuable there. Imo, Sloan is the one player I saw that consistently laid the wood. He could play outside or inside. His size could be a factor. Bump played pretty solid as well and could fill holes nicely. Sturgill and Williams will also be good additions in the backer crew. The one thing these guys have in common is that they are all very athletic and quick. It may be a different style of backer play. I’m sure coaches will have them ready either way.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

What games are you talking about? South Range was the only game I seen them “bested”. Patterson absolutely wreaked havoc on all Olines he faced all year.

Lookiehere wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:16 pm I hope so. I watched several games this year where both o and d lines were bested by their competition. If you lose the battle in the trenches, bad things will happen. Who will be that one headhunter that will turn out your lights if given the chance? We will see

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Lookiehere wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:16 pm I hope so. I watched several games this year where both o and d lines were bested by their competition. If you lose the battle in the trenches, bad things will happen. Who will be that one headhunter that will turn out your lights if given the chance? We will see
Interesting, what were the several games where Ironton was beat on both the OL and DL outside of South Range?

Lookiehere
Waterboy

Post by Lookiehere »

I’m only seeing through a tv screen here but it appeared that burg beat ironton at the line. As well as gallia and Jackson. I only saw a handful of games but that is my opinion. I may be wrong. I realize those games were early and I’m
Sure ironton got things ironed out.

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

Lookiehere wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:34 am I’m only seeing through a tv screen here but it appeared that burg beat ironton at the line. As well as gallia and Jackson. I only saw a handful of games but that is my opinion. I may be wrong. I realize those games were early and I’m
The only game Ironton lost on the LOS was in the State. Anyone know where the seniors are going to play at the next level?

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Burg never made it the endzone and Ironton held Jackson scoreless in the second half? GA game was close because of poor execution. Patterson put pressure on the qb all night… Irontons Receivers dropped lots of balls and the play calling wasn’t very good…

GA was one stupid Person Foul Penalty away from a possible upset.

South Range whooped them on both sides… 100%

Lookiehere wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:34 am I’m only seeing through a tv screen here but it appeared that burg beat ironton at the line. As well as gallia and Jackson. I only saw a handful of games but that is my opinion. I may be wrong. I realize those games were early and I’m

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

CrackBack46 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:54 pm Burg never made it the endzone and Ironton held Jackson scoreless in the second half? GA game was close because of poor execution. Patterson put pressure on the qb all night… Irontons Receivers dropped lots of balls and the play calling wasn’t very good…

GA was one stupid Person Foul Penalty away from a possible upset.

South Range whooped them on both sides… 100%

Burg was way to one dimensional all season. Could drive deep but when the field shrank with no passing game they were very limited. Burg matched up very well on both sides of line of scrimmage. Jackson’s coach blew the Ironton game. Jackson should have won that one comfortably

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

I hear a lot of kids at fairland are unhappy with the coach. There could be transfers.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

I hear they are looking for games next year. What is the deal? Who are they not playing?

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Their schedule that's posted under OVC schedules doesn't show any open dates

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

pistol wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:23 am Their schedule that's posted under OVC schedules doesn't show any open dates
It was on Ironton football Facebook page.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

I’d really like to see the Tigers schedule Pikeville Ky, Raceland Ky, or some MAC schools. Especially for their annual football classic they have now. Would be great!

Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

irontonwizard wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:15 am I hear they are looking for games next year. What is the deal? Who are they not playing?
2024 season not next season

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Team ovc wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:37 pm
irontonwizard wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:15 am I hear they are looking for games next year. What is the deal? Who are they not playing?
Thanks

Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

irontonwizard wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:47 pm
Team ovc wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:37 pm
Thanks
Your welcome!! I’m assuming 2023 might be there last season playing in ovc by the looks of it

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

I bet Kirtland will come down

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Almost Champions wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:04 pm
I bet Kirtland will come down
That would be awesome!!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

If the OVC ask Ironton to leave the league I would pack up in all sports and not play any OVC team unless it is the playoffs.

Return to “Football”