2023 Ironton Tigers

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: 2023 Ironton Tigers

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

mustard wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:47 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:32 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:25 pm

Did wheelersburg recruit some players this year too ?
That’s the rumor going around Portsmouth. Kid quit the baseball team (before the first game) and have heard he’s headed to Burg. More talk of it on the Portsmouth basketball thread.

Lots of people (probably Ironton, maybe some Burg) will say yeah if you build it they’ll come, I’d send my kid there blah blah blah. Regardless of how true that is, what they are doing is not legal. You can sit here and pretend all of these kids just move into the Ironton or Burg districts all you want. I highly doubt most of these families are going to uproot their home they bought or are buying to move to an apartment in Burg or Ironton. Maybe 1 heck I’ll even give you 2. But at this point they aren’t even trying to hide it. Need more proof? Good example is the kid from Burg who moved to Ironton his junior year. Mommy made a post of Facebook pretending like they were selling their nice home in FF. Fast forward to senior night and mommy is posting that same home all decked out by Ironton cheerleaders for her son. What happened to moving? Why did you rent said apartment? I mean clearly it works, it’s illegal but until it’s stopped why not keep doing it?
whats apartments going for in ironton and burg :lol:
Apartments are outrageous these days in Ironton.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:51 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:32 pm

That’s the rumor going around Portsmouth. Kid quit the baseball team (before the first game) and have heard he’s headed to Burg. More talk of it on the Portsmouth basketball thread.

Lots of people (probably Ironton, maybe some Burg) will say yeah if you build it they’ll come, I’d send my kid there blah blah blah. Regardless of how true that is, what they are doing is not legal. You can sit here and pretend all of these kids just move into the Ironton or Burg districts all you want. I highly doubt most of these families are going to uproot their home they bought or are buying to move to an apartment in Burg or Ironton. Maybe 1 heck I’ll even give you 2. But at this point they aren’t even trying to hide it. Need more proof? Good example is the kid from Burg who moved to Ironton his junior year. Mommy made a post of Facebook pretending like they were selling their nice home in FF. Fast forward to senior night and mommy is posting that same home all decked out by Ironton cheerleaders for her son. What happened to moving? Why did you rent said apartment? I mean clearly it works, it’s illegal but until it’s stopped why not keep doing it?
tiger clan must have had some good fundraisers down there at the laid back

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

mustard wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:53 pm

The Laid Back is pretty nice these days, much much better than when it was the Old River, pretty rough back in those days. They don’t have their meetings there though.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I'm hearing rumors that Burg might be losing 1-2 to Ironton as well...anyone at Ironton hearing this?

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Blitz wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:47 pm I'm hearing rumors that Burg might be losing 1-2 to Ironton as well...anyone at Ironton hearing this?
I think the best thing we could do here in the tri state is bring all the pontential d1 kids down to Portsmouth and let Ironton and burg pick their teams and then the others can draw straws for the left overs

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:56 pm

The Laid Back is pretty nice these days, much much better than when it was the Old River, pretty rough back in those days. They don’t have their meetings there though.
Hows about auger in and the jab? Could that be their secret layer?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

mustard wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:04 pm
Blitz wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:47 pm I'm hearing rumors that Burg might be losing 1-2 to Ironton as well...anyone at Ironton hearing this?
I think the best thing we could do here in the tri state is bring all the pontential d1 kids down to Portsmouth and let Ironton and burg pick their teams and then the others can draw straws for the left overs
Burg doesn’t come close to the number of transfers Ironton gets. If they did, Burg would have more than two state title trophies.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:56 pm

Hows about auger in and the jab? Could that be their secret layer?
The Auger Inn is too small and the Jab has been closed and for sale for a year or so now. I believe the Armory is the new meeting place.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:29 pm
Burg doesn’t come close to the number of transfers Ironton gets. If they did, Burg would have more than two state title trophies.
Did Burg recruit a Portsmouth kid?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:53 pm

Talking about the kid on the state championship team that transferred to Burg? That was in 2017.

Burg’s had two kids transfer in over the past six years. That would be a slow year for Ironton.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:59 pm

Talking about the kid on the state championship team that transferred to Burg? That was in 2017.

Burg’s had two kids transfer in over the past six years. That would be a slow year for Ironton.
Ok , someone said Wheelersburg recruited a Portsmouth kid this year .

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:01 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:59 pm

Ok , someone said Wheelersburg recruited a Portsmouth kid this year .
Someone always says Burg is getting this kid or that kid. Always rumors, but not true.

If Burg got even 10% of the kids rumored to be transferring in…

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Cost to purchase Ironton rental property has to be going up. Big money and no damage because they aren’t used.

Why would kids transfer to Wheelersburg? Their coach does nothing to get kids to the next level. In fact he does more to keep them from it than help them. And that from the families of kids that have played there.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:42 pm Cost to purchase Ironton rental property has to be going up. Big money and no damage because they aren’t used.

Why would kids transfer to Wheelersburg? Their coach does nothing to get kids to the next level. In fact he does more to keep them from it than help them. And that from the families of kids that have played there.
Yes, the Burg head coach has something to gain by keeping kids from getting to the next level. Good grief... 🤦‍♂️

Not sure which parent told you that, but too many parents have delusions of grandeur about their kid’s athletic ability.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:58 pm
SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:42 pm Cost to purchase Ironton rental property has to be going up. Big money and no damage because they aren’t used.

Yes, the Burg head coach has something to gain by keeping kids from getting to the next level. Good grief... 🤦‍♂️

Not sure which parent told you that, but too many parents have delusions of grandeur about their kid’s athletic ability.
I was kind of thinking the same thing, I mean seriously what would any coach have to gain by not trying to help players get to the next level. Let's just look at Ironton and how they promote their kids, it's a snowball effect and it sheds a positive light on any program doing it and how it's viewed by athletes in the area.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Kind of curious what all they do have available there, looking for a friend. :D

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:37 pm

I was kind of thinking the same thing, I mean seriously what would any coach have to gain by not trying to help players get to the next level. Let's just look at Ironton and how they promote their kids, it's a snowball effect and it sheds a positive light on any program doing it and how it's viewed by athletes in the area.
Promotion is key, but have to have the kids with the size, speed, and talent to promote. Not to disparage the job Ironton does with promoting, but they also had the kids to back it up.

Go back and watch Ironton-Burg game this year. Ironton skill players looked gigantic compared to the Burg players. Keyes, Perkins, Carter… Burg had no players that came close to matching those kids in speed and size.

To be blunt, Burg has historically never had the same natural raw talent as Ironton. At best, Burg players are MAC talent level in football. Have had a few kids with the physical tools to play major college football, but most of them chose another sport to play at the next level.

But a D5 high school football team that finishes 7-3 (Burg’s recent regular season records) in southeastern Ohio simply will not have college level talent.

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:46 am

Promotion is key, but have to have the kids with the size, speed, and talent to promote. Not to disparage the job Ironton does with promoting, but they also had the kids to back it up.

Go back and watch Ironton-Burg game this year. Ironton skill players looked gigantic compared to the Burg players. Keyes, Perkins, Carter… Burg had no players that came close to matching those kids in speed and size.

To be blunt, Burg has historically never had the same natural raw talent as Ironton. At best, Burg players are MAC talent level in football. Have had a few kids with the physical tools to play major college football, but most of them chose another sport to play at the next level.

But a D5 high school football team that finishes 7-3 (Burg’s recent regular season records) in southeastern Ohio simply will not have college level talent.
Agree with what you have said to a certain degree, but only 1 of those athletes you named are “from” ironton. I agree that ironton has helped more kids get to the next level recently, but before 2019, burg was ahead of them in that department (and in talent). I already know you are gonna come back with “ironton gets kids to D1 burg doesn’t, but I think a kid getting any of his/her schooling paid for is great, even if it is in the lowly mac or god forbid not D1…

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

LetsRide wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:26 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:46 am

Agree with what you have said to a certain degree, but only 1 of those athletes you named are “from” ironton. I agree that ironton has helped more kids get to the next level recently, but before 2019, burg was ahead of them in that department (and in talent). I already know you are gonna come back with “ironton gets kids to D1 burg doesn’t, but I think a kid getting any of his/her schooling paid for is great, even if it is in the lowly mac or god forbid not D1…
I actually agree with you on that. These kids aren’t going pro so their primary goal of playing football at the next level is all about getting a free education regardless of school. Burg once had a kid play football at Princeton on a scholarship; that’s the ultimate opportunity!

My point to the post above is that promotion does help but talent, whether homegrown or not, is what catches the attention of colleges. Size, strength, and speed are far more important to getting to the next level. And if you go back the past 50 years, Ironton has produced the best natural talent (again, whether homegrown or not).

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

If the ultimate goal is to win a state championship really doesn't matter who recruits who or who gets. How many great players in southeastern ohio. The truth is with the exception of Amanda Clear Creek in the early 2000s and Wheelersburg. In 2017.everytime a southeastern ohio team makes it to canton they lose. Usually by a blowout.

Return to “Football”