Ironton needs out of OVC (in football)

RBH23
S

Re: Ironton needs out of OVC (in football)

Post by RBH23 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:05 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:56 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:46 pm

Dude you're using the 2017 state championship as a trump card a little too much. Obviously winning state is the ultimate goal, and Burg did accomplish it that year.. but you talk about that 2017 season like it completely negates anything Ironton has done, when it doesn't at all. They're seperate things, but guess you're not bright enough to realize that.
I am far more intelligent than you, and I promise it’s not even close, dude.

If an Ironton fan wants to talk smack, I have no problem reminding them which team last won a title. Doesn’t negate but does trump.
You have a hardcore one-upping concept going on.. almost every comment you make is trying to prove Burg, or youself in this case, are better. Who knows maybe you are smarter, but i'll tell you one thing I would never want to be as snarky as someone like you.
Ouch, that hurts.

Always love the name calling and personal insults from someone trying to be holier than thou. I went from unintelligent to snarky.

And why? Because I pushed back against the trash talking Ironton fan with countless IDs on this site.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:24 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:00 pm

If an Ironton fan wants to talk smack, I have no problem reminding them which team last won a title. Doesn’t negate but does trump.
I see now why you're not responding to my question. Burg and Ironton fans not showing alot of logic on this thread. Here's my point, a d1 safety is not as useful when you're playing a running team unless he's always going to be in the box. Just like a d1 running back may not be as useful if your line is inferior. Not sayin I'm correct, but because you have a few d1 commits doesn't mean the overall team talent is better let alone comparable. Maybe it was, but that alone doesn't make it definite
Ironton D1 players:
- Keyes (RB): Wisconsin
- Perkins (WR): UC
- Carter (LB): UC
* These three are listed in the top 50 seniors in all of Ohio.

- One OL underclass man has an offer from UK.
- Pittman (WR): junior with offer from UK

I believe Felder has offers as well.
2 mid major and 1 b10. I'll take kirtland or south range every time. Particularly when none are lineman or a qb. Believe Carrico was highly rated and a great football player but a complete team he couldn't come close to defeating. This in no way takes away from Ironton and their achievements. 3 finals in 4 years is amazing.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:16 pm

You have a hardcore one-upping concept going on.. almost every comment you make is trying to prove Burg, or youself in this case, are better. Who knows maybe you are smarter, but i'll tell you one thing I would never want to be as snarky as someone like you.
Ouch, that hurts.

Always love the name calling and personal insults from someone trying to be holier than thou. I went from unintelligent to snarky.

And why? Because I pushed back against the trash talking Ironton fan with countless IDs on this site.
So because I don't agree with the comments you've made on here i'm "trying to be holier than thou"? Seems like a stretch. The snarky comment seems pretty spot on considering every other post from you is a dig at someone and trying to one-up.. and believe me I know there's Ironton posters who do the same I never said otherwise. I probably shouldn't have made the "not the brightest" comment cause I have no clue how intelligent you are, guess i'm just sick of all the back and forth between Burg and Ironton posters that are more emotion based instead of logical responses. People who always respond with emotion usually aren't that bright, but life isn't so simple and for all I know you could be very smart.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:27 pm

Ouch, that hurts.

So because I don't agree with the comments you've made on here i'm "trying to be holier than thou"? Seems like a stretch. The snarky comment seems pretty spot on considering every other post from you is a dig at someone and trying to one-up.. and believe me I know there's Ironton posters who do the same I never said otherwise. I probably shouldn't have made the "not the brightest" comment cause I have no clue how intelligent you are, guess i'm just sick of all the back and forth between Burg and Ironton posters that are more emotion based instead of logical responses. People who always respond with emotion usually aren't that bright, but life isn't so simple and for all I know you could be very smart.
Or I could be dumber than a box of rocks and just full of sh!t. LOL!!! Btw, my apologies for my comments pertaining to you.

When I first got on this site, it was to have “intelligent” discussions about football. But I made the mistake of questioning Pendleton as a coach by stating that “this is Ironton’s best chance to win state. If they don’t, it will be due to coaching given all the talent”. I was blasted by Ironton fans. A few actually agreed, but most lost their minds.

After that, I gave up on intelligent conversations and just joined the nonsensical slur.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:39 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:27 pm

Ouch, that hurts.

Or I could be dumber than a box of rocks and just full of sh!t. LOL!!! Btw, my apologies for my comments pertaining to you.

When I first got on this site, it was to have “intelligent” discussions about football. But I made the mistake of questioning Pendleton as a coach by stating that “this is Ironton’s best chance to win state. If they don’t, it will be due to coaching given all the talent”. I was blasted by Ironton fans. A few actually agreed, but most lost their minds.

After that, I gave up on intelligent conversations and just joined the nonsensical slur.
Appreciate it and like I said I shouldn't have insulted your intelligence lol I think the back and forth with Ironton and Burg gets us all a little worked up at times. It comes from both schools and at this point the finger can't really be pointed at either as far as who does it more. The war between the two fanbases is going to take this new rivalry to insane heights 😅

scott1297
All Conference

Re: Ironton needs out of OVC

Post by scott1297 »

Kurgan74 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:00 pm It will be tough to leave the OVC unless the OVC for some reason would agree to allow Oronton to be in all but football.

The 2 to 3 hour trips on Fridays for football might not be bad, but traveling to Columbus for games on school nights for other athletic contests would be hard on the athletes and the budget.
Having to travel that far for games is ok for the team but what about the fans 🤔 I'm sure alot of people wouldn't be able to make it to the games

Burg grad 85
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

scott1297 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:39 pm
Kurgan74 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:00 pm It will be tough to leave the OVC unless the OVC for some reason would agree to allow Oronton to be in all but football.

The 2 to 3 hour trips on Fridays for football might not be bad, but traveling to Columbus for games on school nights for other athletic contests would be hard on the athletes and the budget.
Having to travel that far for games is ok for the team but what about the fans 🤔 I'm sure alot of people wouldn't be able to make it to the games
The week 4 Gridiron Classic they started is a home game, they'll get at least 3 or 4 more home games. For away games find some solid teams within an hour, then go find 1 or 2 great programs 2 to 3 hours away to really give your team a test. I think fans would be okay with missing 1 or 2 games if they understand the value of playing better competition.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Life isn't fair. Adapt accordingly.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:26 pm

The week 4 Gridiron Classic they started is a home game, they'll get at least 3 or 4 more home games. For away games find some solid teams within an hour, then go find 1 or 2 great programs 2 to 3 hours away to really give your team a test. I think fans would be okay with missing 1 or 2 games if they understand the value of playing better competition.
Finding games the first five weeks of the season isn’t too bad, but once league play starts up, getting games becomes much more difficult. That’s the negative of being an independent.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:30 pm

Finding games the first five weeks of the season isn’t too bad, but once league play starts up, getting games becomes much more difficult. That’s the negative of being an independent.
Yeah that's the huge downfall. I'm not too familiar with Kentucky or WV football, do they usually start their conference play in 2nd half of the season as well? If not that could be a key to help fix that problem some.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:35 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:30 pm

Yeah that's the huge downfall. I'm not too familiar with Kentucky or WV football, do they usually start their conference play in 2nd half of the season as well? If not that could be a key to help fix that problem some.
KY has district play and the WV MSAC schools that might be challenging to Ironton are committed to 9 conference games.So if Ironton is truly committed to upgrading their schedule by leaving the OVC they are going to have be willing to travel out of area and or pay big guarantees to get better teams to visit The Tank.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

:D
RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:48 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:44 pm
Paladin ` wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:33 pm

You two seem to be getting it. The SEO way is to just accept that you can’t beat the best, so no need to try. Tell the rest. They are already doing the same but still pretend to be looking for a solution.
No where close to saying shouldn't try. Just saying the amount of talent here as compared to there is not close. Plus population base is way different. We missed our chance 2 years ago. We all know your disdain for local teams other than maybe vinton or Logan? Can't quite remember, but if I rooted for either of those I'd be grumpy too
How can Ironton claim talent is an issue? Their team is packed with D1 players unlike any D5 school in the state.
There lies the problem, they are hyped up as D1 but you will see the truth come signing day. Sure they have some, but i bet they have hyped 12 seniors as getting D1 attention. Hogwash

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

goUK wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:00 pm :D
Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:44 pm
No where close to saying shouldn't try. Just saying the amount of talent here as compared to there is not close. Plus population base is way different. We missed our chance 2 years ago. We all know your disdain for local teams other than maybe vinton or Logan? Can't quite remember, but if I rooted for either of those I'd be grumpy too
How can Ironton claim talent is an issue? Their team is packed with D1 players unlike any D5 school in the state.
There lies the problem, they are hyped up as D1 but you will see the truth come signing day. Sure they have some, but i bet they have hyped 12 seniors as getting D1 attention. Hogwash
bingo
all smoke and mirrors to try to help their recruiting. trying to sale something they cant deliver

SugarDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by SugarDaddy »

Ditto. The hype is laughable. Typical SEO.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

fbnut wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:04 pm

bingo
all smoke and mirrors to try to help their recruiting. trying to sale something they cant deliver
I don't recall anyone hyping 12 Seniors as D1 Recruits, you'll have to list the 12 to refresh my memory.

` Carter is an ESPN 4 Star top 300 player. I'm pretty sure he'll be signing at a D1 program, committed to Cincinnati.
` Keyes has a few D1 Offers, decommitted from Wisconsin
` Perkins has a few D1 offers, committed to Cincinnati

` Ironton has 2 underclassmen that have D1 offers from the University of Kentucky, are they not legit offers either? I believe the University of Kentucky thinks they are legit since they offered them lol.

That's the only 3 Seniors every one has been talking D1 about, are you saying those offers ain't legit?

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:39 pm

bingo
I’ve heard of the original 3 with 2 underclass players getting D1 visits. Certainly not 12. Plus I’ve heard Barnes to Dayton and that Young had signed with someone. Good for them and the others. Surely nobody thinks that continued education is a bad thing.

I don't recall anyone hyping 12 Seniors as D1 Recruits, you'll have to list the 12 to refresh my memory.

` Carter is an ESPN 4 Star top 300 player. I'm pretty sure he'll be signing at a D1 program, committed to Cincinnati.

` Ironton has 2 underclassmen that have D1 offers from the University of Kentucky, are they not legit offers either? I believe the University of Kentucky thinks they are legit since they offered them lol.

That's the only 3 Seniors every one has been talking D1 about, are you saying those offers ain't legit?

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Ironton has never hyped up 12 seniors as D1.. like mentioned above there are 3 seniors who should definitely go D1, a couple others who have a shot, and some underclassmen getting attention. Regardless, putting down HS players all because of your personal feelings towards the Ironton program on whether or not they recruit is just sad. I've seen lots of comments on this site being condesending towards a HS player on whether or not they're truly D1, some have done so more respectfully while others have not. You're talking about HS kids not college or NFL players.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:39 pm

bingo

Agree. Ironton didn’t designate them D1 recruits, recruiting services and colleges did that.

However, it still begs the question, why did they not stand out in the state title game? Did coaching and/or scheme hold them back? D1 prospects playing against D5 high school players should dominate.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

When I was in the press box at the state finals some reporters up there were saying Ironton wanted out of the league but the league would not accommodate them. I listened but did not partake in the conversation.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

:D
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:49 pm When I was in the press box at the state finals some reporters up there were saying Ironton wanted out of the league but the league would not accommodate them. I listened but did not partake in the conversation.
There wont be an exit fee. They are free to leave

Return to “Football”