Re: Ironton vs South Range - D5 State Championship

Post by hoot »

L

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:21 pm
inOVCsider wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:01 pm I heard that after watching the film of Ironton last night, South Range was so impressed with that back judge that they have requested him for next week.
I heard Steubenville offered that crew 10k and a charter bus to do their game :lol:
No crap! That dude was trash!

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

trojandave wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:00 am Ironton is making its 12th state championship game appearance, and 3rd in 4 years. Just like South Range, the Fighting Tigers are trying to get to the finish line after 2 years of losing to Kirtland. What is different about this Ironton team is their ability to make big plays via the pass. The previous 2 teams in 2019 and 2020 relied very much on Reid Carrico and the ground game, but the 2022 version of IHS features a high caliber air attack. The ground game is still potent, but they are much less one dimensional.

Not too many schools in Ohio have made 12 trips to the state title game; what Trevon Pendleton has done in such a short time has been a remarkable build from a program who some were mocking as one that lived in the past to the one today that has the envy of many in the SE district.
Totally agree! 💯

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

trojandave wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:00 am Ironton is making its 12th state championship game appearance, and 3rd in 4 years. Just like South Range, the Fighting Tigers are trying to get to the finish line after 2 years of losing to Kirtland. What is different about this Ironton team is their ability to make big plays via the pass. The previous 2 teams in 2019 and 2020 relied very much on Reid Carrico and the ground game, but the 2022 version of IHS features a high caliber air attack. The ground game is still potent, but they are much less one dimensional.

Not too many schools in Ohio have made 12 trips to the state title game; what Trevon Pendleton has done in such a short time has been a remarkable build from a program who some were mocking as one that lived in the past to the one today that has the envy of many in the SE district.
Great post Trojandave, you’re a class act my friend.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BigSpoon wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:07 am
Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:21 pm
inOVCsider wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:01 pm I heard that after watching the film of Ironton last night, South Range was so impressed with that back judge that they have requested him for next week.
I heard Steubenville offered that crew 10k and a charter bus to do their game :lol:
No crap! That dude was trash!
He needs penalized by OHSAA......but OHSAA doesn't have the balls to do it. They probably won't even review the calls the piece of garbage made on the field Friday night.

He should never be allowed to do another HS game in Ohio.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

As for the game, to say Ironton has their hands full with SR is an understatement. They will need to run the ball and limit SR possessions by moving the chains. And probably need a turnover or two by putting pressure on the SR QB.

Good to the Tigers

SRRAIDER
Waterboy

Post by SRRAIDER »

Tigers 🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I have no doubt that the Tigers overall have as much talent as South Range. I don't worry about turnovers as much as I do about playing as clean a game as possible, and not committing drive killing penalties on offense, as well as unnecessary penalties on defense. I think that the Tigers have the talent to be able to bring the State Championship back to SEO.

94Tiger
Waterboy

Post by 94Tiger »

Drew Pasteur has South Range by 15.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Good luck to ironton from Portsmouth. Many on here say if you don’t win state it’s a failure, that’s absolutely not the truth at all. I’d give my right arm just to see the Trojans in a state final. No matter the outcome if the kids give 100% that’s all you can ask for. Bring it home to southern Ohio.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Good Luck Tigers!! Bring Home That 🏆 back to Lawrence County!!!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:42 pm Good luck to ironton from Portsmouth. Many on here say if you don’t win state it’s a failure, that’s absolutely not the truth at all. I’d give my right arm just to see the Trojans in a state final. No matter the outcome if the kids give 100% that’s all you can ask for. Bring it home to southern Ohio.
Absolutely agree!!!

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Bad Snap wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:45 pm Pendleton is 56-10 at Ironton with:

4 OVC Championships
A 29-2 Conference record (not including the playoffs)
A 3-2 record vs Burg
3 Regional Championships
A 17-4 playoff record

11 Shutouts
And 37 times they’ve held someone to less than 10 points.
That’s impressive by any stretch of the imagination.

I’d love nothing more than to see a local team win a State Championship.

South Range is really good. Can Ironton beat them? Absolutely. The adjustments that were made at halftime shows that the staff knows what they’re doing and they have the players to execute.

Something that I thought Ironton finally brought out was Keyes and his running ability. Perkins is really good but we all knew that.

If Ironton can win the Turnover battle, control the LOS, and watch the Play-Action, I like their chances. The other big part is that Ironton is going to have an unsung hero in this game that makes a big play. Ironton is also playing for their 11th State Championship.

Only Newark Catholic ranks above Ironton with playoff appearances.
Newark Catholic has 39 while Ironton and Moeller are tied with 38 appearances.

To bad it will always be followed by **
Why is it followed by a **?

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:42 pm Good luck to ironton from Portsmouth. Many on here say if you don’t win state it’s a failure, that’s absolutely not the truth at all. I’d give my right arm just to see the Trojans in a state final. No matter the outcome if the kids give 100% that’s all you can ask for. Bring it home to southern Ohio.
And ironically those who say it are from fan bases of programs already sent home. lol

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Totally agree! You have to make it there to even have a chance. Some kids and schools will never get that opportunity. It’s never a let down to lose state in my opinion. State runner up isn’t a bad thing. Dont get me wrong though, losing isnt fun. I sure hope Ironton can pull it off and get over that hump. They are playing good football and have some great kids. Im pulling for them

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

BigSpoon wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:33 pm

Totally agree! You have to make it there to even have a chance. Some kids and schools will never get that opportunity. It’s never a let down to lose state in my opinion. State runner up isn’t a bad thing. Dont get me wrong though, losing isnt fun. I sure hope Ironton can pull it off and get over that hump. They are playing good football and have some great kids. Im pulling for them
100%. An very nice post btw, Spoon.. lol. Ohio football ain't no joke... an love em or hate em, Arnton is one of its most storied programs.. this run they're on right now is one helluva an accomplishment.. good luck tigers!

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

43 years ago this same Ironton school made a trip to Akron to play Akron St Vincent St Marys for the State Championship in the Akron Rubber Bowl. What do you think their chances were at that time to pull off a victory in those conditions. My mother ask me before I made the trip what I thought their chances were and I said slim and none but I want to be there just in case slim shows up. Well we know the rest of the story.

SRRAIDER
Waterboy

Post by SRRAIDER »

Should be a good game, don’t think you Tigers will be able to keep up. 😂😂

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

South Range by 2 scores.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best wishes to the Ironton Fighting Tigers!

Return to “Football”