PHS Trojan Bruce Ward Leads Gahanna Lincoln to the D1 Semifinals

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

PHS Trojan Bruce Ward Leads Gahanna Lincoln to the D1 Semifinals

Post by trojandave »

Bruce Ward, Portsmouth alumnus and head coach of the Gahanna Lincoln Golden Lions, is leading his team to the D1 state semifinals after beating New Albany last night 25-17. Ward, who was an outstanding football player for the Trojans as a DB/RB, has developed Gahanna Lincoln into one of the most consistently winning programs in Central Ohio. The Lions have a tough task ahead of them, as they face defending D1 state champion Lakewood St.Edward in the semifinals. The other semifinal is Moeller vs. Springfield. This is Gahanna's first trip to the semifinals since 1982, in which ironically they lost to Moeller.

Congratulations and best wishes to Bruce and his Golden Lions next weekend.

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Re: PHS Trojan Bruce Ward Leads Gahanna Lincoln to the D1 Semifinals

Post by Oldtimer55 »

trojandave wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:45 am Bruce Ward, Portsmouth alumnus and head coach of the Gahanna Lincoln Golden Lions, is leading his team to the D1 state semifinals after beating New Albany last night 25-17. Ward, who was an outstanding football player for the Trojans as a DB/RB, has developed Gahanna Lincoln into one of the most consistently winning programs in Central Ohio. The Lions have a tough task ahead of them, as they face defending D1 state champion Lakewood St.Edward in the semifinals. The other semifinal is Moeller vs. Springfield. This is Gahanna's first trip to the semifinals since 1982, in which ironically they lost to Moeller.

Congratulations and best wishes to Bruce and his Golden Lions next weekend.
I was wondering if that was the same guy from Portsmouth! I got to watching that game on Spectrum and ended up seeing it all lol. I believe he was on that 1993 Trojan team that beat my 9-0 Pirates the last game of the season and knocked us out of the playoffs

Return to “Football”