Ironton vs Valley View

scott1297
All Conference

Re: Ironton vs Valley View

Post by scott1297 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:05 pm
Bobbbbbb wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:57 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:57 am Was Kirtland in D5 in 2017 the year Burg won it ? I’m thinking they avoided Kirtland.
How many have you all won? :mrgreen:
Zero. Was mentioned earlier that there was no Kirtland this year and I couldn’t recall if Wheelersburg had to play Kirtland when then won it. I know Coldwater was tough for a while.
In 2017 Burg avoided Coldwater because that was the first year that Coldwater moved to D-6 and that's what I'm saying about Ironton this is the year they have the best chance to win it all because Kirtland moved back to D-6 this year

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:36 pm
frankie wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:00 am IMO the Kirtland teams Ironton faced would have destroyed the Burg, too.
Yup.
Totally disagree not the 2017 team not saying Burg would have won easily but it would be very close and I think Burg comes out on top . Burgs 2017 team and Irontons 89 team is the best teams I've ever seen in Division 4 or 5

Burg grad 85
FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:05 pm
frankie wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:00 am IMO the Kirtland teams Ironton faced would have destroyed the Burg, too.
Yup.
Totally disagree not the 2017 team not saying Burg would have won easily but it would be very close and I think Burg comes out on top . Burgs 2017 team and Irontons 89 team is the best teams I've ever seen in Division 4 or 5
Ironton was D3 in 89.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Agreed.
Reluctantly because this is not a topic about that, & because Once you see KirtLand first hand,(i flew home the first meeting ONLY), you finally understand that saying “seeing is believing”.

KirtLand is just…. KIRTLAND!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:04 pm
Agreed.
Reluctantly because this is not a topic about that, & because Once you see KirtLand first hand,(i flew home the first meeting ONLY), you finally understand that saying:“seeing is believing”!!!!…

KirtLand is just…. KIRTLAND!
TBH
-THO-

I only saw BURG on stream -V-IronTon & finals & they were good in 2017, BUT, I’ve never been more shocked in HSFB with how KirtLand handled IHS on goal-line to close Q2,& then the 2nd half adjust.

WOW!

#REALDeal

TigerTFacts
Waterboy

Post by TigerTFacts »

okaybro69012 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:09 am I have had heard a lot of talk about how Ironton linebacker group will be next year. Every year Ironton lb’s are killers. And I noticed two key players to this lb group is a freshman zayne Williams who made his mark on special teams and is a huge threat. And sophomore braylon sturgill who came out this year with a total of 10 tackles for a loss and barley gets any playing time. I could go as far to say these two young guys are comparable to Trevor carter and Lincoln Barnes. If these guys gain weight and muscle during the off-season they will be amazing.
The next greats🎯🎯

TigerTFacts
Waterboy

Post by TigerTFacts »

Lookiehere wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:11 pm
Outoftowner wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:59 pm
okaybro69012 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:09 am I have had heard a lot of talk about how Ironton linebacker group will be next year. Every year Ironton lb’s are killers. And I noticed two key players to this lb group is a freshman zayne Williams who made his mark on special teams and is a huge threat. And sophomore braylon sturgill who came out this year with a total of 10 tackles for a loss and barley gets any playing time. I could go as far to say these two young guys are comparable to Trevor carter and Lincoln Barnes. If these guys gain weight and muscle during the off-season they will be amazing.
Agreed. Don’t forget 44, Copas I think. Sophomore as well. The linebacker position looks to be well stocked for the future with tackling machines
I don’t think 44 is a linebacker. But even so, will be very difficult to reload after losing these backers. Outside backers should be fairly deep but not sure about inside. Who will stick their nose in there to meet a fullback head on will be determined.
The loose screw Ben Sloan!

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:12 pm
scott1297 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:05 pm

Yup.
Ironton was D3 in 89.
Good old days of only 5 divisions and only 16 teams per division. I'm old. :lol:

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hopefully the O stays hot. Tigers by 21

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Good luck to Ironton. 2nd best team in the 740 behind Beverly. 😆

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:22 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:00 am
TigerBob wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:40 am Valley View’s QB looks nice, but the team overall doesn’t look like world beaters. Certainly a game Ironton can win.
Honestly they Remind me of this years Burg. QB seems to be more of a passer, so they can spread out and run or throw. Looks like they have decent special teams. Will be well coached. A clean game by Ironton, I think moves them on by a score or two.
Thought the same. VV is a better version of Burg; offense can pass and run, and they have a better D. But very similar styles.
IF VV really has a better D than Burg then Ironton is in trouble. Burg held Ironton to 12 points it was a dog fight. I don't think VV has a D near as good as Burg but a better offense. I just don't think VV can out score Ironton. Ironton wins comfortably I think. But if you are correct that VV has a better D. It's a toss up

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

Blitz wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:55 am
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:00 am

Honestly they Remind me of this years Burg. QB seems to be more of a passer, so they can spread out and run or throw. Looks like they have decent special teams. Will be well coached. A clean game by Ironton, I think moves them on by a score or two.
Thought the same. VV is a better version of Burg; offense can pass and run, and they have a better D. But very similar styles.
IF VV really has a better D than Burg then Ironton is in trouble. Burg held Ironton to 12 points it was a dog fight. I don't think VV has a D near as good as Burg but a better offense. I just don't think VV can out score Ironton. Ironton wins comfortably I think. But if you are correct that VV has a better D. It's a toss up
W'burg held Ironton to 12 points in the first game of the year, and that was before the Tigers has their offense running like a well-oiled machine. If that game was played today, Ironton would put a running clock on the Pirates with ease. If you're going to get into comparing common opponents, then let's use something more recent and compare Wheelersburg/ Harvest Prep b/c this has all gone down in the past few weeks.

November 11, 2022
Wheelersburg 21
Harvest prep 25

November 18, 2022
Harvest Prep. 0
Ironton 34

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:22 am

W'burg held Ironton to 12-points in the first game of the year, and that was before the Tigers has their offense running like a well oiled machine. If that game was played today, Ironton would put a running clock on the Pirates with ease. If you're going to get into comparing common opponents, then let's use something more recent, and compare Wheelersburg/ Harvest Prep b/c this has all gone down in the past few weeks.

November 11, 2022
Wheelersburg 21
Harvest prep 25

November 18, 2022
Harvest Prep. 0
Ironton 34
OK but this has nothing to due with VV at all. They are comparing Burg D and VV's D. HP and Ironton's D has has nothing to do with it. Did you not read the post? Ironton's D is better than all of the teams mentioned that's why I think they will win. I don't see them giving up more than 14 to VV. I think Ironton put's up 28-35 on VV cause I don't think their D is nearly as good as BURG's. If I'm wrong and RBH23 is right and VV's D is better than Burg's then the game will be tight. READ before you post dude

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Blitz wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:36 am

W'burg held Ironton to 12-points in the first game of the year, and that was before the Tigers has their offense running like a well oiled machine. If that game was played today, Ironton would put a running clock on the Pirates with ease. If you're going to get into comparing common opponents, then let's use something more recent, and compare Wheelersburg/ Harvest Prep b/c this has all gone down in the past few weeks.

November 11, 2022
Wheelersburg 21
Harvest prep 25

November 18, 2022
Harvest Prep. 0
Ironton 34
OK but this has nothing to due with VV at all. They are comparing Burg D and VV's D. HP and Ironton's D has has nothing to do with it. Did you not read the post? Ironton's D is better than all of the teams mentioned that's why I think they will win. I don't see them giving up more than 14 to VV. I think Ironton put's up 28-35 on VV cause I don't think their D is nearly as good as BURG's. If I'm wrong and RBH23 is right and VV's D is better than Burg's then the game will be tight. READ before you post dude
And what I'm saying is that there's no comparison between Wheelersburg and VV defense. The example of W'burg holding Ironton to 12 points is from week 1, and what I'm saying is if Ironton and Wheelerburg played for the region {so we could have another more recent example of Wheelersburg,} then Ironton would put 30+ on them much like Ironton did to HP.

Wheelersburg's defense shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as VV b/c they're far inferior. And, yes I also think Ironton will have their hands full with Germantown Valley View.

Run baby run
Freshman Team

Post by Run baby run »

Good luck Ironton.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:58 am

November 11, 2022
Wheelersburg 21
Harvest prep 25

November 18, 2022
Harvest Prep. 0
Ironton 34
And what I'm saying is that there's no comparison between Wheelersburg and VV defense. The example of W'burg holding Ironton to 12 points is from week 1, and what I'm saying is if Ironton and Wheelerburg played for the region {so we could have another more recent example of Wheelersburg,} then Ironton would put 30+ on them much like Ironton did to HP.

Wheelersburg's defense shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as VV b/c they're far inferior. And, yes I also think Ironton will have their hands full with Germantown Valley View.
Burgs defense isn't good. Prep went up and down the field on em all night but couldnt execute. Burgs a middle of the pack team.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:20 pm

Burgs defense isn't good. Prep went up and down the field on em all night but couldnt execute. Burgs a middle of the pack team.
Burg did make it to the regional semis, so that’s a dubious claim.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

November 11, 2022
Wheelersburg 21
Harvest prep 25

November 18, 2022
Harvest Prep. 0
Ironton 34
VV played a tougher schedule than Burg and gave up fewer points per game. Hence my comment about VV defense.

Although VV doesn’t have the same athletes as HP, VV is a much bigger school (191 boys versus HP’s 116). Fewer VV players will go both ways which is always a plus come playoff time.

Outcome of this game will depend on turnovers. If even or in Ironton’s advantage, Ironton wins. If VV wins the turnover battle, they’ll win. Margin for error much smaller this time of year.

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

The Regional semis, big wooptie doo!?!?!? Do you also say you got some action when you kiss your sister over the holidays?

FightingTiger99
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:25 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:20 pm

Burg did make it to the regional semis, so that’s a dubious claim.
They got beat by every good team they played except for barnesville.

Return to “Football”