Ironton vs Valley View

bbjunky81
SEO

Ironton vs Valley View

Post by bbjunky81 »

OHSAA has updated their brackets. Location still to be announced.

Who wins?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ohionut8
Waterboy

Re: Ironton vs Valley View

Post by Ohionut8 »

I will take Ironton 35-30

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

The location if I’m correct is at Princeton High School In Cincinnati. That’s 31 miles from Germantown and 139 miles from Ironton…. Something’s wrong with this!

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

REDMEN95 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:15 am The location if I’m correct is at Princeton High School In Cincinnati. That’s 31 miles from Germantown and 139 miles from Ironton…. Something’s wrong with this!
We beat Valley View at Princeton in 1999.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

frankie wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:23 am
REDMEN95 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:15 am The location if I’m correct is at Princeton High School In Cincinnati. That’s 31 miles from Germantown and 139 miles from Ironton…. Something’s wrong with this!
We beat Valley View at Princeton in 1999.
Looks like it’s time to do it again.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Tigers in your matchup with Valley View.

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

Hopefully the Princeton venue is changed. It’s only fair. This game in all reality should be played in Chillicothe.

To Chillicothe:
Ironton 73 miles
Germantown 90 miles

To Princeton:
Germantown 31 miles
Ironton 139

Ironton Hammered HP, HP hammered a very good Bloom Carrol squad who also advanced to state tonight beating Bishop Watterson. I think Ironton beats Germantown 34-17 and plays South Range for a state title. South Range has given Kirkland a few good games in recent history.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Just finished watching Valley View vs Milton Union, and Ironton looks like a heavy favorite. I'll take Ironton by 14.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

As to the site talk: who cares? You’re playing for a state semifinal. Maybe it’s closer to one school. Not like you’re playing Wednesday when they are playing Thursday. Awesome site, everyone has plenty of time to get there, best team wins.

Harvest Prep was the monster in R19 and Ironton dismantled them. I’ll hold judgement until Valley View is evaluated, but Ironton will likely be the favorite here. Advice to VV would be to not single #3 with a slow kid. Won’t work!

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

Much respect to Ironton! Took us behind the wood shed tonight…Love the tradition you all have in SEO. One day we hope to have that at HP. Go win it all IHS! We might not be SEO but we are pulling for Region 19! Stay healthy and best of luck!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:09 am Much respect to Ironton! Took us behind the wood shed tonight…Love the tradition you all have in SEO. One day we hope to have that at HP. Go win it all IHS! We might not be SEO but we are pulling for Region 19! Stay healthy and best of luck!
Thank you! Have a feeling HP will get there in terms of tradition. Not an opponent you want to see on your bracket. Scared to say it, but see you next year!

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:10 am
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:09 am Much respect to Ironton! Took us behind the wood shed tonight…Love the tradition you all have in SEO. One day we hope to have that at HP. Go win it all IHS! We might not be SEO but we are pulling for Region 19! Stay healthy and best of luck!
Thank you! Have a feeling HP will get there in terms of tradition. Not an opponent you want to see on your bracket. Scared to say it, but see you next year!
Who knows we might have a regular season game with yawl next year, we need games our league didn’t kick us out they all just left and started their own 😂

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BuckeyeBond wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:07 am Hopefully the Princeton venue is changed. It’s only fair. This game in all reality should be played in Chillicothe.

To Chillicothe:
Ironton 73 miles
Germantown 90 miles

To Princeton:
Germantown 31 miles
Ironton 139

Ironton Hammered HP, HP hammered a very good Bloom Carrol squad who also advanced to state tonight beating Bishop Watterson. I think Ironton beats Germantown 34-17 and plays South Range for a state title. South Range has given Kirkland a few good games in recent history.
I’d wait for an announcement there shouldn’t be any yet. In terms of this game Ironton got a great draw with VV, I’ll take Ironton by 14. South Range and Liberty Center could be a good one but South Range really playing on another level this season.

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:12 am
BuckeyeBond wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:07 am Hopefully the Princeton venue is changed. It’s only fair. This game in all reality should be played in Chillicothe.

To Chillicothe:
Ironton 73 miles
Germantown 90 miles

To Princeton:
Germantown 31 miles
Ironton 139

I’d wait for an announcement there shouldn’t be any yet. In terms of this game Ironton got a great draw with VV, I’ll take Ironton by 14. South Range and Liberty Center could be a good one but South Range really playing on another level this season.
The site was announced this past Thursday. Which is completely silly. This game should be in Chillicothe not at Cincinnati Princeton. Princeton just hosted the Moller/Lakota West region 4 title game last night.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Who cares about the location? The players and coaches of Ironton don’t. It’s a state semifinal, they’d play it in Texas if they had to.

Y’all sound like yabba whining about Burg playing at Nelsonville.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Going cost Tiger fans to go to this game. From IHS to their stadium is 152 miles which is 304 miles round trip. According to Google Maps it’s a 2 hour and 45 minute drive.each way. To get to the stadium, park and walk in you’ll have to leave no later than 4. Many will have to take a vacation day or something from work. As for me I’m retired so I can leave at 2 or 3. I arrived at Waverly at 5:05 last night

8:144
+.
ohsaa.org
Kalnow Stadium
Region 15 - 2 Steubenville (11-2) vs. 4
Gnadenhutten Indian Valley (10-3) at St.
Clairsville Red Devils Stadium
Region 16 - 1 Cincinnati Wyoming (13-0) vs. 2
Cincinnati Taft (11-2) at Lakota West Firebird
Field
Division V State Semifinals - Friday, Nov. 25,
7 p.m.
Region 17 vs. Region 18 at Clyde Robert J.
Bishop Jr. Stadium
Region 19 vs. Region 20 at Princeton Jake
Sweeney Automotive Stadium

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

thank you for your kind post and your support. Ironton had people from their own conference there last night rooting for HP. Sad when you really think about that. Good luck to y’all in the rest of your athletic seasons!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:15 am
TigerBob wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:10 am
Who knows we might have a regular season game with yawl next year, we need games our league didn’t kick us out they all just left and started their own 😂
Sounds familiar

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

To Chillicothe:
Ironton 73 miles
Germantown 90 miles

To Princeton:
Germantown 31 miles
Ironton 139

South Range may have given Kirtland a few good games but sounds like they always lost. Like Ironton. I guess winning a title will be great. But it has to feel hollow knowing that Ironton ducked Kirtland to get there.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Paulcrew wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:45 am
thank you for your kind post and your support. Ironton had people from their own conference there last night rooting for HP. Sad when you really think about that. Good luck to y’all in the rest of your athletic seasons!
That’s crazy to me. Ironton is Portsmouth’s biggest rival. That game has been played a billion times. The 2 schools don’t like one another, yet I have been rooting for Ironton. I’ve actually followed very close the last 3 years. Watched several games that they didn’t even play against Portsmouth. I’m a Portsmouth alum, obviously that’s my team. But I’m also a local high school fan. Why would I want to see these kids from Columbus or hours away beat local kids just because they are our rivals? If that’s the case then I feel like there’s another agenda those people have. I think it’s awesome Ironton is in the final 4 and I’m rooting for them to go all the way. Would be pretty cool to say I seen the state champs play in person twice honestly, and that they come from the same conference as my alma mater.

Who Dey!

Return to “Football”