Trevor Carter Ironton LB top 10 class of 2023 per 247

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Re: Trevor Carter Ironton LB top 10 class of 2023 per 247

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:08 am
Team ovc wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:48 am
Zoned_Up614 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:03 pm

Thanks. I kept trying to make sense of the comments. Came to the conclusion it was just more Ironton hate. Woulda thought a homegrown kid being top 10 in state might get some respect. I guess homegrown ain't as respected when it's not being used by a program Ironton already beat to try and diminish their success or credibility.
I’m pretty sure ohbuckeye is an Ironton person. So I doubt he’s trying to down Carter, he’s just giving Hall some credit for being a great player. Carter is also a great football player, but Hall will be playing D-1 football somewhere next year
Is he walking on? No offense to Hall at all because he's been great but it's almost December the kid is a senior if he doesn't have a D1 offer by now he's not going to see one.
He doesnt have any. Neither does the p west kid.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:12 am

I’m pretty sure ohbuckeye is an Ironton person. So I doubt he’s trying to down Carter, he’s just giving Hall some credit for being a great player. Carter is also a great football player, but Hall will be playing D-1 football somewhere next year
Is he walking on? No offense to Hall at all because he's been great but it's almost December the kid is a senior if he doesn't have a D1 offer by now he's not going to see one.

Wow.. d1, d1, d1... lol. the number 1 thing a kid should consider when making this decision is fit... for them...and the coaching staff should assist. Maybe these other kids wanna see the field.... an not jus from the sideline. Carter kid not the best kid on Arnton's d, but he's the best defensive recruit in Bearcats history...?...lol. how's that #1 lb from a few years ago doin..? An I'm not taking anything away from the kids..an I wish em all luck... jus get sick of tiger fans evaluating every kid with their new d1 measuring stick.. it's a disservice to the kid ta send em to the wolves....lol. and that's what you're doin.

Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

Just curious how do you know what offers either of these young men have? Just because they may not post it all over social media doesn’t mean they don’t have offers or are talking to colleges

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

Team ovc wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:36 am

Just curious how do you know what offers either of these young men have? Just because they may not post it all over social media doesn’t mean they don’t have offers or are talking to colleges
If either of them had already received a scholarship offer from a D1 program they would have tweeted about it. They’ve both tweeted when they received offers from d2/d3 schools.

Social media is a big part of the recruiting process. Keeping offers “secret” is directly against a player’s interests, which is why players don’t do that. It’s a lot easier to get a 2nd/3rd offer after letting people know about the first one.

It is possible that they’ve talked about opportunities to be preferred walk ons, or schools have said there might be a spot for them after the dust settles on the transfer portal. But, if either of them had received a D1 offer already, it would be extremely abnormal for them to not make it publicly known.

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

I understand it is hard at times to evaluate players, especially a linebacker, but Carter is a really special talent. The lack of respect he seems to get from people on here is strange to me. There’s a reason Harvest Prep ran away from him almost the whole game. I only noticed them running off tackle to his side once all game and Carter completely blew the play up in highlight fashion. He can play in coverage, tackle in space, and take on linemen in the run game. The athletic profile to do all those things at a high level is special.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Ignorant or a gaslighting comment. Smh

FightingTiger99
JV Team

kevbk6222 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:24 pm

If either of them had already received a scholarship offer from a D1 program they would have tweeted about it. They’ve both tweeted when they received offers from d2/d3 schools.

Social media is a big part of the recruiting process. Keeping offers “secret” is directly against a player’s interests, which is why players don’t do that. It’s a lot easier to get a 2nd/3rd offer after letting people know about the first one.

It is possible that they’ve talked about opportunities to be preferred walk ons, or schools have said there might be a spot for them after the dust settles on the transfer portal. But, if either of them had received a D1 offer already, it would be extremely abnormal for them to not make it publicly known.

Exactly. So many posters on this site are so out of touch.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

kevbk6222 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:38 pm I understand it is hard at times to evaluate players, especially a linebacker, but Carter is a really special talent. The lack of respect he seems to get from people on here is strange to me. There’s a reason Harvest Prep ran away from him almost the whole game. I only noticed them running off tackle to his side once all game and Carter completely blew the play up in highlight fashion. He can play in coverage, tackle in space, and take on linemen in the run game. The athletic profile to do all those things at a high level is special.

100% agree.. from all I've seen and heard he's a super athlete. Very high ceiling... I think the Tigers do everything right program wise... an if all fans posted arguments/assessments/opinions the way you have...the attitudes towards the program, the kids, the coaches would be different... good luck tigers.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Just seen Luke Fickell is taking the HC job at Wisconsin. Rather ironic with Ironton having Carter and Perkins committed to Cinci and Keyes committed to Wisconsin lol

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Carter announced that he is still currently committed but his recruitment is 100% back open!

Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:31 pm

Well tiger99 since you are do in touch with these two families why don’t you tell us what there thinking about there kids futures.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Team ovc wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:57 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:31 pm

Well tiger99 since you are do in touch with these two families why don’t you tell us what there thinking about there kids futures.

Ok Cleetus. Just scroll up. It's 2022 not 1982. You don't have to be "in touch with families" & nobody has a rotary phone & Jays playbook was weak in the 70s too & it still hasn't been updated. 😂

Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:01 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:31 pm ..

Ok Cleetus. Just scroll up. It's 2022 not 1982. You don't have to be "in touch with families" & nobody has a rotary phone & Jays playbook was weak in the 70s too & it still hasn't been updated. 😂
Sounds like you just need to get in touch with life and get a life and quit worrying so much about other people. I’m sure that both of these young men will find a college that fits them. Rather it be D-1 or D-2 it’s really none of my business or yours to be honest

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Id take Carter over any other linebacker in our Division. He is a beast! Feed him the ball 40+ times a game and his numbers would be pretty dang good too. Ironton just has so many weapons and can spread the ball around. VV shut Perkins down with double coverage and Ironton still scored 35. Solid team Ironton has

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Team ovc wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:11 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:01 pm

Sounds like you just need to get in touch with life and get a life and quit worrying so much about other people. I’m sure that both of these young men will find a college that fits them. Rather it be D-1 or D-2 it’s really none of my business or yours to be honest
Sounds like you might collapse if you had an independent thought void of "yalls & mountain dew." You're dismissed Cleetus.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

It's one thing to get a D1 offer and even be on a team. But will they actually get on the field? Look at Carrico. But maybe that doesn't matter?

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

Also, are these kids paying for some type of recruiting scam....ahem.... service?

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

NW97 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:57 pm It's one thing to get a D1 offer and even be on a team. But will they actually get on the field? Look at Carrico. But maybe that doesn't matter?

I could think of a worse situation for an 18 year old kid. Getting a free education, free meals, free gym access, experience of a lifetime. Getting to travel and play with some of the best athletes in the world. Making memories that many don’t get to, possibly winning some type or ring or trophy. Sure the goal is to see the field but I would’ve killed for that college experience. Instead I owe a crap ton of money, didn’t get to travel or have the notoriety. Such a tough sell…

FightingTiger99
JV Team

NW97 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:58 pm Also, are these kids paying for some type of recruiting scam....ahem.... service?
I smell a CORNBALL. 🤡🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

The Ironton haters on this site sound like little HS kids who are being petty and jealous to the point their blood is boiling 😂 I've talked to grown men who said they absolutely HATE Ironton.. It's a freaking HS. How are you going to let a HS football program bother you to that point. Absolutely childish behavior, it's one thing to have criticism but there are lots of people who take it waaaayyyy too far.

Return to “Football”