Wheelersburg 2023

mustard
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by mustard »

XandOs wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:15 am
RBH23 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:57 am
XandOs wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:46 pm

I think everyone knows who you’re referring to. Why don’t you ask that family. I think the move paid off the kid. I doubt he ends up where he’s at if he didn’t move and everyone but burg fans know this . I also have spoke to people who know the family and they haven’t indicated anything you’re accusing but once again it’s easy to say that. Maybe their other kid was recruited by another school in Scioto county and that’s why they moved her there. Don’t throw stones in glass houses.
Let’s be clear, I think kids should get to choose where they play. After all, it’s their life. Also, I think Pendleton is being smart reaching out to these kids. He probably won’t win a state title even with them, but without them, he wouldn’t get out of the region.

My point of bringing it up is to mock the Ironton fans that are in denial over it. Your second oldest rival refuses to play Ironton because of this. Other OVC coaches have accused Ironton of recruiting and now the OVC and Ironton are parting ways. Parents and kids are talking about it. But many Ironton fans remain in denial. LOL!!
The 2nd oldest rivalry recruits more than any program in the Tri-state. Just ask South Point. Half their starters a few years ago lived in South Point . Their Basketball Coach was also busted for calling parents of other schools and recruiting their sons.

There is only one school and one coach that cries about Ironton in OVC. Which there’s no one from that school moving to Ironton nor would they play if they did. Ironton was looking to get out of conference from what I was told to be better prepared for Canton.

Pendletons first year at Ironton by game 11 they just about beat the State runner-up at their place. A turnover kept Ironton from winning the game. The same team who put a running clock on Wheelersburg 3 weeks later. Don’t say it’s the recruits. It’s the people and program he’s established.
:lol: keep telling yourself that.
75% of your touchdowns last year came from recruits. Same thing will happen this year. And the next and the next. They ain’t gonna let the real Ironton boys do anything

U guys don’t get to any state championship games without them. lol

Now u have to contend with burg getting kids in. They got them a nice transfer in

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

" They ain’t gonna let the real Ironton boys do anything."

Stupid comment...

Real Ironton boys include Carrico, Duncan, Carter, Barnes, Carpenter, Hacker, and others playing college ball. Ironton still has more home-grown talent than anyone in southeast Ohio. Would they be as good the last few years without the transfers ? No. Would burg be as good without their out-of-district kids ? No. Burgers are delusional.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

LockHerUp wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:52 am " They ain’t gonna let the real Ironton boys do anything."

Stupid comment...

Real Ironton boys include Carrico, Duncan, Carter, Barnes, Carpenter, Hacker, and others playing college ball. Ironton still has more home-grown talent than anyone in southeast Ohio. Would they be as good the last few years without the transfers ? No. Would burg be as good without their out-of-district kids ? No. Burgers are delusional.
comment is stupid but 💯 true. 😂

Need transfers to win. Bothe burg and Ironton

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Stupid AND true ???????? I just showed you Ironton boys are still thriving.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

LockHerUp wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:09 am Stupid AND true ???????? I just showed you Ironton boys are still thriving.
:lol:
check your stats and roster ironton boys are getting picked over

same thing this year

Ashland QB and wr
Notre Dame RB
Northwest WR
Huntington Slot

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

mustard wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:41 am
LockHerUp wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:09 am Stupid AND true ???????? I just showed you Ironton boys are still thriving.

same thing this year

Ashland QB and wr
Notre Dame RB
Northwest WR
Huntington Slot
There is a reason they got kicked out of their own league and a longtime rival(Ashland) no longer plays them. Coaches finally got sick of the open latent recruiting :D

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Let’s make a new thread for all the crybabies to go and debate about transfers. It’s getting ridiculous with every topic always going back to transfers.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Bfan99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:27 pm Let’s make a new thread for all the crybabies to go and debate about transfers. It’s getting ridiculous with every topic always going back to transfers.
LOL!!

Unfortunately not much else to discuss with regards to the upcoming season. Kids playing baseball, AAU ball, and track.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

fbnut wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:54 am

same thing this year

Ashland QB and wr
Notre Dame RB
Northwest WR
Huntington Slot
There is a reason they got kicked out of their own league and a longtime rival(Ashland) no longer plays them. Coaches finally got sick of the open latent recruiting :D
Wrong!!!

HYGT! 🐅

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

XandOs wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:45 pm
fbnut wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:54 am

same thing this year

Ashland QB and wr
Notre Dame RB
Northwest WR
Huntington Slot
Wrong!!!

HYGT! 🐅
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Burg is just a softball school now 🥎

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BigSpoon wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:55 am Burg is just a softball school now 🥎
And yet this softball school is the last SEO school to win the state in football :)

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I am a complete and utter idiot coming onto this thread thinking I could actually read about a team and players for the fall of 2023.

Every darn thread turns into this same crap.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:53 am I am a complete and utter idiot coming onto this thread thinking I could actually read about a team and players for the fall of 2023.

Lol. We both live on theory right now.

Burg should be more efficient in throwing the ball but won’t have the power game with the loss of lattimore and Glover.

I’m really excited about the defensive side of the ball. We did lose some important pieces but I think we are deeper defensively. A little thin at inside linebackers with the loss of Glover but we have a couple of kids that can go in there and help Salyers.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:13 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:53 am I am a complete and utter idiot coming onto this thread thinking I could actually read about a team and players for the fall of 2023.

Burg should be more efficient in throwing the ball but won’t have the power game with the loss of lattimore and Glover.

I’m really excited about the defensive side of the ball. We did lose some important pieces but I think we are deeper defensively. A little thin at inside linebackers with the loss of Glover but we have a couple of kids that can go in there and help Salyers.
Isn't Darling and Warren back to run the ball? I think they will be hard nosed runners

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:39 am

Isn't Darling and Warren back to run the ball? I think they will be hard nosed runners
Yes, both are back. Also Hutchinson and #26 (was a freshman last year). Should be fine at RB.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

How will the OL and DL be?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:25 am

How will the OL and DL be?
D line should be fine. Got some kids who can fill in for the ones departing. Losing 3 senior O lineman will hurt, there are lineman who will be able to come in, will have to see who wins the jobs.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Can they make a deep playoff run with what they have coming back?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:10 pm Can they make a deep playoff run with what they have coming back?
Replacing 3 OL and starting a sophomore QB…

How well the OL and QB play will determine how far they go, but winning the region would be a massive accomplishment for this young team in my opinion.

Return to “Football”