Wheelersburg 2023

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

KCol wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:07 pm I don't agree with bashing Holden or Carrico, regardless of what one fanbase thinks about the other. Both are excellent dudes. Carrico was ready to go as a freshman and sophomore in high school. I remember being so impressed with his ability then and just thinking he has a lot of upside, and man he exceeded that. He's also the epitome of what a high school athlete should be about. Let the work do the talking for you, on and off the field. Certainly another all-time great in our area and was the key cog in bringing Ironton back to the forefront of football in this area.

There's a lot of guys at both Ironton and Wheelersburg who have a lot of upside now; Carrico and Holden just met their upside and continued to excel. Hope to see more of the same from both programs. When they both are good like they are now, it makes the entire area better from a football standpoint and raises the attention for everybody else.
I agree about bashing. I never bashed. I said facts. But I do match energy. False allegations levied against programs with no real evidence gets the burg fan base on this site back exactly what they give out.

And the classist "culture" & "academics" comments dont fly by unnoticed either. 💯

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:17 pm
KCol wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:07 pm I don't agree with bashing Holden or Carrico, regardless of what one fanbase thinks about the other. Both are excellent dudes. Carrico was ready to go as a freshman and sophomore in high school. I remember being so impressed with his ability then and just thinking he has a lot of upside, and man he exceeded that. He's also the epitome of what a high school athlete should be about. Let the work do the talking for you, on and off the field. Certainly another all-time great in our area and was the key cog in bringing Ironton back to the forefront of football in this area.

There's a lot of guys at both Ironton and Wheelersburg who have a lot of upside now; Carrico and Holden just met their upside and continued to excel. Hope to see more of the same from both programs. When they both are good like they are now, it makes the entire area better from a football standpoint and raises the attention for everybody else.

I recall being in Wheelersburg 2018 the year after the title run and seeing Carrico play running back and was very impressed, also being called out for making a slew of tackles. Also the Salyers to Holden connection was very very good, in my opinion that’s the best the burg offense has been in the past 5 years or so
Agree 100 percent with you. When both players played, wherever they played, they were usually the best player on the field as upperclassmen especially. Two very good athletes and low maintenance guys who just worked.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:10 pm
KCol wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:26 pm The situation that happened with KJ Taylor was unfortunate (his name was not KJ Harris). I remember that and it was tragic and unfortunate as a guy that had so much potential. Total shame and gun violence is unacceptable in any area, among any type of people. It's horrible and he did nothing to deserve his end. Link is here: https://wvmetronews.com/2022/12/02/man- ... in-prison/

I also never compared Holden to Andrew Wiggins or indicated he was comparable to Wiggins, Hal Greer, Jason Williams, OJ Mayo, Patrick Patterson, Jerry West or the basketball version of Randy Moss. Wiggins is an NBA Champion (and is the best talent I've ever personally seen in this area) and Greer and West are Hall of Famers in basketball while Moss is in football (didn't see Moss play but he is the greatest athlete to ever come out of the TSA). I just said Holden was a talented athlete in his own right who deserves respect. Less than two percent of the population obtains a D-I scholarship I believe, and Holden not only did that, but has scored over 1,000 for his career at the collegiate level. He was good enough to have multiple Division I offers. He's one of the best to come out of Southeastern Ohio for sure.

I am a Southeastern Ohio sports fan but I do care more about Scioto County sports than Lawrence County sports because I have more experiences with the former than the latter. Both of those thoughts can be true at the same time. Just being honest with you on that.

Some in the outside world may not think so, but there are people here who care about ethnic and racial diversity and diverse mindsets in general. There are educated individuals with diverse mindsets in Southeast Ohio as there are anywhere else. Not everybody believes the same or processes things the same. I wasn't at the Harvest Prep-Wheelersburg game, but if it happened and I was a principal and I was there, there would be discipline handed down, likely suspensions. However, I wasn't there, and that's not for me to judge what happened.

It would have been interesting to see what Tanner could have done had he went to Ohio State on a football scholarship. He's the best Wide receiver I've ever seen around here and I think he would have been an impact player for the Buckeyes. Not too many 6'6" wide receivers in the game that could run like him. His YAC had to be crazy. I've not seen those numbers but I'm sure someone has them.
It would’ve been for sure, but he pursued his passion and I can’t argue with that. He’s certainly the best wide receiver I have seen in this area (again, didn’t see Moss up close). Never have seen a guy who made cutbacks like he did up the grain as a wide receiver and his running vision after the catch plus his long strides made him a special football player.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:59 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:11 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:48 am

The Holden would’ve gotten more field time than Carrico at WR is outlandish, you have saw the past 5 receivers come through go in the 1st round nearly back to back to back years right? Not counting the guys who were already 5 stars and such that were buried on the depth chart. He wouldn’t have
True, no chance he plays over the studs OSU is putting out. But maybe he would have gotten some mop up playing time, or maybe none at all at WR. That still is the same amount of playing that Carrico is getting a linebacker.

Before this post, I never made a single negative comment towards Carrico and his playing time at OSU, but if I-town kool-aid drinkers want to get on here an give their opinion on Holden, then they should be open to same about Carrico.
Holden FOLDED after 1 year in Columbus. Big stage was just too big. 💯
So what does that say about Carrico? Holden at least saw the court…

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:01 pm
fbnut wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:15 am
RBH23 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:00 am

And yet Holden has accomplished more at the college basketball level than all the recent IHS football players have (combined). Btw, he would have gotten more playing time at WR for OSU than Carrico has seen at LB; worse case, at least the same.

Btw, your comment about the “majority demographic” in SEO is racist. Now we know who the real bigot is on this site. Thanks for showing your true colors.
Bingo, excellent take
Is the majority of SEO urban? 😂 what am I missin?.

Oh did u associate unathletic with "somethin else?" 👈👀😂

No just unathletic and rural. What part is racist?
What did you miss? The fact that you are a bigoted hypocrite. Does that clear it up?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:20 pm

I agree about bashing. I never bashed. I said facts. But I do match energy. False allegations levied against programs with no real evidence gets the burg fan base on this site back exactly what they give out.

And the classist "culture" & "academics" comments dont fly by unnoticed either. 💯
“But I do match energy”. LMAO!! You’ve said a lot of stupid stuff, but this takes the cake.

I’m giving you facts on IHS academic ranking. Blame US News, not me.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-h ... hool-15237

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:17 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:34 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:20 pm

“But I do match energy”. LMAO!! You’ve said a lot of stupid stuff, but this takes the cake.

I’m giving you facts on IHS academic ranking. Blame US News, not me.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-h ... hool-15237
What does this have to do w football?

It doesnt.lil burg cant hang w Ironton or Prep so lil burgs fanbase resorts to racial and/or classist slurs. lil burg has only been the best team in their region 3 times in TWO AND A HALF DECADES so i get why ya hate - thats tuff 😭 - BUT dont expect it not to get handed back to ya #lilsis.
What does this have to do with football? Nothing, but you are the one that brought up “academics”.

As far as racial slurs Mr Hypocrite, you are the only one doing that. LOL!!

1989…

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg had a decent showing in their first scrimmage.

London is a d3 playoff team that to my understanding brought a lot back. They run a wing t/flex formation.
London did a good job running their offense.

Burg defensively didn’t do much to negate their attack. I think they blitzed maybe one time and put London in a third and long. London is better off not in 3rd and long. They have a good rushing attack. They should have a solid season.

Burg offensively was very vanilla. QB was very accurate and did a good job scrambling. He’s got good pocket awareness. Good hands from receiving corp. Burg didn’t run the ball that much and when they did it was just a inside hand off. A couple good runs but nothing big. It looked like the coaches were getting a look at line play and passing.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:18 am Burg had a decent showing in their first scrimmage.

London is a d3 playoff team that to my understanding brought a lot back. They run a wing t/flex formation.

Burg defensively didn’t do much to negate their attack. I think they blitzed maybe one time and put London in a third and long. London is better off not in 3rd and long. They have a good rushing attack. They should have a solid season.

Burg offensively was very vanilla. QB was very accurate and did a good job scrambling. He’s got good pocket awareness. Good hands from receiving corp. Burg didn’t run the ball that much and when they did it was just a inside hand off. A couple good runs but nothing big. It looked like the coaches were getting a look at line play and passing.
How was the line play?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:22 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:18 am Burg had a decent showing in their first scrimmage.

How was the line play?
O line did really good. Just a few miscues.
D line did good too but you could tell they were in basic packages. They were basically just filling gaps. Both should do well as expected.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

How’s Devon Lattimore working out? He has been electric everytime I’ve watched him play for Portsmouth. I was wondering where he went.

Return to “Football”