Wheelersburg 2023

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Since the harvest prep doormats ( formerly known as the wheelersburg pirates) have only been able to make it out of their region around 3 times in about the last 15 years or so, which thing is burg doing well? I just wondered since burgs fan base is so interested in critiquing other programs. Is it because the HP doormats have only made it outta the region a couple times on what is now approaching two decades?

Is that the superior coaching I keep hearing about?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:45 pm
packers80 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:07 pm One of the years BURG didn't make it out of their region the mid west all stars didn't either. That cause BURG beatem week before. When you boil it down its still 2 state titles each. With all the talent that I-town has had come through its program....well should have more than 2, especially in the Pendleton era.
When you boil it down burg coaching has only made it out of their region 3 times in the last 15 years.
Still 2 titles a piece. Arguably, with all the "D-1" players they have, and have had, in Division 5, they've been a bit underwhelming. The Pendleton era will end quicker than some think and when it does it won't be ceremoniously.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

packers80 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:59 pm
packers80 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:07 pm One of the years BURG didn't make it out of their region the mid west all stars didn't either. That cause BURG beatem week before. When you boil it down its still 2 state titles each. With all the talent that I-town has had come through its program....well should have more than 2, especially in the Pendleton era.
When you boil it down burg coaching has only made it out of their region 3 times in the last 15 years.
Still 2 titles a piece. Arguably, with all the "D-1" players they have, and have had, in Division 5, they've been a bit underwhelming. The Pendleton era will end quicker than some think and when it does it won't be ceremoniously.
Without the recruited talent he’s Vass 2.0😂

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

fbnut wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:03 pm

With burgs superior coaching they've managed to make it outta their region 3 times 5 years shy or so of two decades. 😂

Lotta yappin about the other guy. Not much show & prove. 🤷‍♂️👀

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:25 pm
fbnut wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:03 pm
With burgs superior coaching they've managed to make it outta their region 3 times 5 years shy or so of two decades. 😂

Lotta yappin about the other guy. Not much show & prove. 🤷‍♂️👀
The other "guy" on the other hand - has made it outta region more times in 5 years. This just isn't the same comparison anymore. It's Ironton, Harvest Prep, then everybody else in the region if we are keepin it a stack. 💯 Burg present day is an everybody else team. Sounds like coaching staff is surviving off nostalgia. Once the base gets over their feelings maybe they will refocus their efforts to being more than in Irontons shadow & make the necessary change that will produce more results. I bet if burg could make it outta their region once inawhile the fan base would have more to do than ride the other guys 🥜's! 💯

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

So any opinions on what Burg offense will look like this year? New qb and look to have some speed at the wideout position. U think they will stick to mostly running game or maybe air it out more? Haven’t seen the Qb play since he was in 8th but had a really nice arm and good speed.
Just trying to get some Burg Football 2023 talk started

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

TomUnessa wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:37 pm So any opinions on what Burg offense will look like this year? New qb and look to have some speed at the wideout position. U think they will stick to mostly running game or maybe air it out more? Haven’t seen the Qb play since he was in 8th but had a really nice arm and good speed.
Just trying to get some Burg Football 2023 talk started
They are more interested in talking about Ironton since they make it out of their region. And they already know week 1 is an L for em. So not much introspection. Too busy being salty about the other guy.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck to the Midwest all stars. Same as last year, no excuses for not winning a state title with what they have in D5........again.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I like Burgs chances this year for the region. The sophomore class is ultra talented and the senior class is very solid but the junior class is starting to come into their own. They have about 5 to 6 kids that will probably make their way into first team rotations.

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

Can’t wait for week 1. Should be a good one. Remember last year reading about all the D-1 players for ironton and how Ironton dominated 7 on 7s and scrimmages. And after watching Burg scrimmage Raceland I was thinking this game could get ugly real fast In favor of ironton. A lot of running clock predictions. I thought No way could Burg defense contain ironton Wrs, Qb, and rbs. I was completely wrong. The game turned out to be a hard hitting defensive battle. Both defenses played lights out. Burg couldn’t move the ball and irontons offense wasn’t much better. It was 6-3 and anyones game till ironton scored with around 2 minutes left. 2 things that stood out to me was Burg defense was legit and Felder was was the best player on Irontons offense.
Hoping for another great matchup this August

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

:oops:
TomUnessa wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:15 pm Can’t wait for week 1. Should be a good one. Remember last year reading about all the D-1 players for ironton and how Ironton dominated 7 on 7s and scrimmages. And after watching Burg scrimmage Raceland I was thinking this game could get ugly real fast In favor of ironton. A lot of runners ng clock predictions. I thought No way could Burg defense contain ironton Wrs, Qb, and rbs. I was completely wrong. The game turned out to be a hard hitting defensive battle. Both defenses played lights out. Burg couldn’t move the ball and irontons offense wasn’t much better. It was 6-3 and anyones game till ironton scored with around 2 minutes left. 2 things that stood out to me was Burg defense was legit and Felder was was the best player on Irontons offense.

Should be another tight one. Two players that mirror each other is warren for burg and Terry for Ironton. Two similar players, very shifty.

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

wobycat wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:10 pm I like Burgs chances this year for the region. The sophomore class is ultra talented and the senior class is very solid but the junior class is starting to come into their own. They have about 5 to 6 kids that will probably make their way into first team rotations.
Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate the Info

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

wobycat wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:17 pm :oops:
TomUnessa wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:15 pm Can’t wait for week 1. Should be a good one. Remember last year reading about all the D-1 players for ironton and how Ironton dominated 7 on 7s and scrimmages. And after watching Burg scrimmage Raceland I was thinking this game could get ugly real fast In favor of ironton. A lot of runners ng clock predictions. I thought No way could Burg defense contain ironton Wrs, Qb, and rbs. I was completely wrong. The game turned out to be a hard hitting defensive battle. Both defenses played lights out. Burg couldn’t move the ball and irontons offense wasn’t much better. It was 6-3 and anyones game till ironton scored with around 2 minutes left. 2 things that stood out to me was Burg defense was legit and Felder was was the best player on Irontons offense.

Should be another tight one. Two players that mirror each other is warren for burg and Terry for Ironton. Two similar players, very shifty.
Agree. Both have some speed and are very good athletes

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Can they at least win the region this year so that one guy will shut up about it? :mrgreen:

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

eagle25 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:42 pm Can they at least win the region this year so that one guy will shut up about it? :mrgreen:
Better hope so or it'll be less than 5 years away from only being able to win the region 3 times in 2 decades. 😂

Burg is great at talking. Not so great on results.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg baseball advance to regional finals
Girls softball knock out south range to head to state finals

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Nice. Glad to see South Range go down!

Good luck to both.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:22 pm Nice. Glad to see South Range go down!

Good luck to both.
Yes. Congrats to both.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:20 pm Burg baseball advance to regional finals
Girls softball knock out south range to head to state finals
Softball school.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

TomUnessa wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:15 pm Can’t wait for week 1. Should be a good one. Remember last year reading about all the D-1 players for ironton and how Ironton dominated 7 on 7s and scrimmages. And after watching Burg scrimmage Raceland I was thinking this game could get ugly real fast In favor of ironton. A lot of running clock predictions. I thought No way could Burg defense contain ironton Wrs, Qb, and rbs. I was completely wrong. The game turned out to be a hard hitting defensive battle. Both defenses played lights out. Burg couldn’t move the ball and irontons offense wasn’t much better. It was 6-3 and anyones game till ironton scored with around 2 minutes left. 2 things that stood out to me was Burg defense was legit and Felder was was the best player on Irontons offense.
Goose egged em in their own house. 💯

Return to “Football”