Wheelersburg 2023

Calvin
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by Calvin »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:06 pm I hope Burg wins the region soon so that dude will quit macking on them. He’s got the Burgers all spun up over that three times in two decades thing.
The Ironheads vs. the Burgers 🍔 😂

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

osu 77 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:44 am
RBH23 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:15 am
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:19 am All that crying bout how another program handled their business while yours is consistently underperforming. Lol. Made it out of ya region 3 times in goin on dam near two decades. Odds show us little burg is most likely on average going to be home early in the post season.

Ironton is producing at a higher level more consistently and they have passed those 3 regional wins in almost two decades proudly owned by lil burg ...in 5 seasons. 😂

What you have done past tense isnt gonna make ya tendecies change now. Lol.

#LilSis 💅
Odds show us that Ironton’s championship drought will continue with another humiliating loss somewhere in the playoffs.

Ironton will continue their tradition of doing less with more since 1989 :)
This guy never stops crying and dismantling football programs I guess he is not allowed out of the basement anymore.
“Crying”…. Have to add that to the Ironton fans’ go-to words that include “hate” and “jealous”,

The Ironton kool-aid drinkers shouldn’t come to a post about Burg and expect Burg fans to talk about how wonderful Ironton football is, especially when some Ironton fans are on here just to talk smack.

If you want smoke blown up your a$$ about Ironton, go to an Ironton post.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

The best in Southern Ohio? That could definitely be argued.
Bfan99 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:25 am Getting back on topic for the Burg 2023, I think Burg has a chance to be really good. I can see Burg improving every week with the young sophomore QB gaining experience and reps. The OL will be Arguably the best in southern Ohio and returning a RB Warren that is capable of having a huge year. IMO week 1 will be a slug fest and the Tigers better not overlook the pirates.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CrackBack46 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:48 pm The best in Southern Ohio? That could definitely be argued.
Bfan99 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:25 am Getting back on topic for the Burg 2023, I think Burg has a chance to be really good. I can see Burg improving every week with the young sophomore QB gaining experience and reps. The OL will be Arguably the best in southern Ohio and returning a RB Warren that is capable of having a huge year. IMO week 1 will be a slug fest and the Tigers better not overlook the pirates.
Bfan99 is a Ironton fan. Not sure how he would know that, maybe he's stirring the pot.

Truth is Burg lost three good lineman from last year. They have some big kids in the wing but they will have to prove they can play.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

I appreciate the honest take.. If SP line can stay healthy they will be WAY better than what people think. I’d put them at #2 in the OVC
wobycat wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:14 pm
CrackBack46 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:48 pm The best in Southern Ohio? That could definitely be argued.
Bfan99 is a Ironton fan. Not sure how he would know that, maybe he's stirring the pot.

Truth is Burg lost three good lineman from last year. They have some big kids in the wing but they will have to prove they can play.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

That makes more sense about the OL. Expect some growing pains.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:19 am All that crying bout how another program handled their business while yours is consistently underperforming. Lol. Made it out of ya region 3 times in goin on dam near two decades. Odds show us little burg is most likely on average going to be home early in the post season.

Ironton is producing at a higher level more consistently and they have passed those 3 regional wins in almost two decades proudly owned by lil burg ...in 5 seasons. 😂

What you have done past tense isnt gonna make ya tendecies change now. Lol.

#LilSis 💅
Lil sis still has as many titles as bigger sis. Ever occur to you that the program you run down so bad is your equal. Yikes youngster.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

I was thinking Burg had more OL kids returning, didn’t realize they lost 3 seniors. Wheelersburg always has depth and will be just fine. I still believe week 1 will be a close game.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Bfan99 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:34 pm

I was thinking Burg had more OL kids returning, didn’t realize they lost 3 seniors. Wheelersburg always has depth and will be just fine. I still believe week 1 will be a close game.
You may be right. The first game of the year can go a lot of ways due to mistakes, turnovers, etc. Plus, I do like the fact Burg will have a dual threat QB that can toss the ball around. Not since Salyers has Burg had a QB like this. Burg’s success against Ironton has come when Burg could pass the ball. Never been successful being run heavy and trying to jam it down Ironton’s throat; they are too athletic for that.

That said, the QB is only a sophomore making his first varsity start. Doing that against Ironton at the Tank in front of a massive crowd will be a real challenge. Throw in many young skilled players and replacements along the line…

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:02 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:15 am

Odds show us that Ironton’s championship drought will continue with another humiliating loss somewhere in the playoffs.

Ironton will continue their tradition of doing less with more since 1989 :)
This guy never stops crying and dismantling football programs I guess he is not allowed out of the basement anymore.
“Crying”…. Have to add that to the Ironton fans’ go-to words that include “hate” and “jealous”,

The Ironton kool-aid drinkers shouldn’t come to a post about Burg and expect Burg fans to talk about how wonderful Ironton football is, especially when some Ironton fans are on here just to talk smack.

'

And you should take some of your own advise and stay off the Ironton post. ;)

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

osu 77 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:16 am
RBH23 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:02 pm

'

And you should take some of your own advise and stay off the Ironton post. ;)
You don’t see the difference? Completely miss the point? We’ll allow me to explain…

I don’t go onto Ironton posts expecting Ironton fans to kiss Burg’s a$$. I don’t call those that criticize Burg on a Ironton post “jealous, crying, haters”. In fact, I expect Ironton fans on an Ironton post to be pro-Ironton and anti-Burg. Imagine that!!

So back to my prior post: if you want smoke blown up your a$$ about Ironton football, then go to an Ironton post.

Boston Creampuff
Riding the Bench

Post by Boston Creampuff »

This pretty funny considering neither team has what it takes to beat Nelsonville in 2023

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Boston Creampuff wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:39 am This pretty funny considering neither team has what it takes to beat Nelsonville in 2023
Pretty funny considering they won’t have to :lol:

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:40 am

You may be right. The first game of the year can go a lot of ways due to mistakes, turnovers, etc. Plus, I do like the fact Burg will have a dual threat QB that can toss the ball around. Not since Salyers has Burg had a QB like this. Burg’s success against Ironton has come when Burg could pass the ball. Never been successful being run heavy and trying to jam it down Ironton’s throat; they are too athletic for that.

That said, the QB is only a sophomore making his first varsity start. Doing that against Ironton at the Tank in front of a massive crowd will be a real challenge. Throw in many young skilled players and replacements along the line…
Salyers wasn’t much of a runner.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

JTEK wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:27 am

He definitely wasn’t the Jones kid, but he had some nice runs his junior year. Would take off if needed. His senior year, he seemed to run much less even if he had open field.

Compared to Gregg, Salyers was a much better runner. Compared to Jones, he was a much better passer. I believe the sophomore QB will fall in that area as well.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Rucker is quite a bit faster than Salyers. Salyers was just a gamer. Rucker is too. Salyer was a tremendous leader and controlled the huddle. Rucker will have to prove he can do that to be successful.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:52 am

Rucker is quite a bit faster than Salyers. Salyers was just a gamer. Rucker is too. Salyer was a tremendous leader and controlled the huddle. Rucker will have to prove he can do that to be successful.
How about his arm strength and accuracy? Does he see the field well?

I saw one game when he was in 8th grade; looked like Mahomes on the field. But of course that was 8th grade. Big difference at the high school level.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

What does the offense entail this season, defensively I have no worries typically with burg they are very solid and game plan well. My only concern is offensive production and athleticism

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:00 pm What does the offense entail this season, defensively I have no worries typically with burg they are very solid and game plan well. My only concern is offensive production and athleticism
Plenty of athletes. Sophomore class is the best athletic class I’ve seen come in awhile. If lattimore from Portsmouth stays, he will be a great addition.

It’s all going to come back to the sophomore QB. Has a decent arm and accuracy but he’s a sophomore so there’s going to be apprehensive play and mistakes. If he can limit himself in those departments, he should have a good season

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:22 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:00 pm What does the offense entail this season, defensively I have no worries typically with burg they are very solid and game plan well. My only concern is offensive production and athleticism
Plenty of athletes. Sophomore class is the best athletic class I’ve seen come in awhile. If lattimore from Portsmouth stays, he will be a great addition.

It’s all going to come back to the sophomore QB. Has a decent arm and accuracy but he’s a sophomore so there’s going to be apprehensive play and mistakes. If he can limit himself in those departments, he should have a good season

How many of those sophomores at the skill positions played a lot of snaps last year also this feels like the first time in a while that I can’t think of who the starting running back is, and if I recall the qb that is going to be a sophomore did play a few games last year right. Anyways I’m sure the first few weeks will be some growing pains but I don’t doubt that the staff will get them into form down the stretch of the season

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion

Return to “Football”