Region Chip #2 13-0 Harvest Prep vs. #1 13-0 Ironton

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Re: Region Chip #2 13-0 Harvest Prep vs. #1 13-0 Ironton

Post by FightingTiger99 »

nekysportsfan wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:33 pm Ironton is clearly the place for any football player in southeastern Ohio, northeastern Kentucky, or western West Virginia who is serious about wanting to play the sport in college. The coach, stadium, support, and success are unmatched in the area. The new Ironton Classic football event is great for the area. A player would be foolish to think otherwise. I’m sure this statement offends those from Ashland, Raceland, Wheelersburg, and other area schools who are trying to get players into their programs, but a parent would have to be either delusional or blind to send their kid anywhere but Ironton IF they’re really serious about football. I hope Ironton wins the state title. I love what they’re doing for the area.
Plain facts!!! And it makes sense. Seo population isn't going to spike anytime soon. So it is sensible to embrace your region and welcome atheletes into a special program to counter the effects of population decline. Nobody really cares about the old days sentimentals at the end of the day student atheles and their families care more about opportunity. So for any area teams who do not like it the choice is simple. Be competitive or do not play them and hide and duck them and tell your kids it is all about some old school sentiment you cant let go of that doesnt exist in real life and shouldn't take precedent over a kids choices. Simple. Get over it and compete or get rolled over by it or run from it. The whining is exhausted.

Couple of these whiny burg fans keep saying if Ironton fans just admit it we will let it go. Lmao. Admit what? That we have transfers? Really talented ones who made a choice to represent Ironton as a student athelete and now both the kid and the program are enjoying mutual benefits from that decision?

Duhhhh!!!! 😂

And admit what else? That we beat you? Not only beat you but you couldn't score a td? And that we bullied the team that beat you in ya conference title game? And we beat Jackson who also beat you? Or that we put Prep on a running clock the week after they sent you home for the 2nd year in a row and yes those transfers are part of it?

Duhhhh! 😂

So now what? Pendleton has your number my jolly bucaneers. Are you gonna stop playing Ironton and duck em or continue trying to compete with em? And if Ironton is as corrupt as your fans say the program is why would a program with so much integrity according to you continue to play them and entertain that? Would that not be poor ethics?

Point is, the whining about transfers is goofy. Its all because of some silly old school sentiment that doesnt exist in real life or take precedent over anything in the student athlete experience and the career choices related to that. I would think if maybe ya just outdated and its causing you this much inner turmoil adapting to how prep sports is changing, maybe its not for you anymore and its time to step away.

Lookiehere
Waterboy

Post by Lookiehere »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:48 pm
nekysportsfan wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:33 pm Ironton is clearly the place for any football player in southeastern Ohio, northeastern Kentucky, or western West Virginia who is serious about wanting to play the sport in college. The coach, stadium, support, and success are unmatched in the area. The new Ironton Classic football event is great for the area. A player would be foolish to think otherwise. I’m sure this statement offends those from Ashland, Raceland, Wheelersburg, and other area schools who are trying to get players into their programs, but a parent would have to be either delusional or blind to send their kid anywhere but Ironton IF they’re really serious about football. I hope Ironton wins the state title. I love what they’re doing for the area.
Plain facts!!! And it makes sense. Seo population isn't going to spike anytime soon. So it is sensible to embrace your region and welcome atheletes into a special program to counter the effects of population decline. Nobody really cares about the old days sentimentals at the end of the day student atheles and their families care more about opportunity. So for any area teams who do not like it the choice is simple. Be competitive or do not play them and hide and duck them and tell your kids it is all about some old school sentiment you cant let go of that doesnt exist in real life and shouldn't take precedent over a kids choices. Simple. Get over it and compete or get rolled over by it or run from it. The whining is exhausted.

Couple of these whiny burg fans keep saying if Ironton fans just admit it we will let it go. Lmao. Admit what? That we have transfers? Really talented ones who made a choice to represent Ironton as a student athelete and now both the kid and the program are enjoying mutual benefits from that decision?

Duhhhh!!!! 😂

And admit what else? That we beat you? Not only beat you but you couldn't score a td? And that we bullied the team that beat you in ya conference title game? And we beat Jackson who also beat you? Or that we put Prep on a running clock the week after they sent you home for the 2nd year in a row and yes those transfers are part of it?

Duhhhh! 😂

So now what? Pendleton has your number my jolly bucaneers. Are you gonna stop playing Ironton and duck em or continue trying to compete with em? And if Ironton is as corrupt as your fans say the program is why would a program with so much integrity according to you continue to play them and entertain that? Would that not be poor ethics?

Point is, the whining about transfers is goofy. Its all because of some silly old school sentiment that doesnt exist in real life or take precedent over anything in the student athlete experience and the career choices related to that. I would think if maybe ya just outdated and its causing you this much inner turmoil adapting to how prep sports is changing, maybe its not for you anymore and its time to step away.
I don’t chime in very often but the fact is that ironton is a historical power house recognized by many in the collegiate level. Ironton currently has a young vibrant coach who is busting his tail from dusk till dawn in preparation and execution to not only succeed on the field but get players noticed. The ironton community has embraced these transfers as one of their own and welcomed them
With open arms. Colleges are knocking on the door. So the question is Why wouldn’t a player at other schools not want to play for them?

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Lookiehere wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:18 pm

Duhhhh!!!! 😂

Duhhhh! 😂

I don’t chime in very often but the fact is that ironton is a historical power house recognized by many in the collegiate level. Ironton currently has a young vibrant coach who is busting his tail from dusk till dawn in preparation and execution to not only succeed on the field but get players noticed. The ironton community has embraced these transfers as one of their own and welcomed them
With open arms. Colleges are knocking on the door. So the question is Why wouldn’t a player at other schools not want to play for them?
🎯 Exactly.

Happens at every single level. And it makes sense.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Duhhhh!!!! 😂

Duhhhh! 😂

Agreed about Burg continuing to play Ironton...if they really had a problem with what Ironton was doing, they would take them off the schedule. Most Burg people I know close to the program aren’t worried about Ironton’s transfers. A bunch of their players were even at Ironton recruiting showcase this spring and coaches were fine with it.

A few Burg posters on seopreps are up in arms about Ironton’s transfers, but that doesn’t appear to be the case with Burg coaches/players. They know they gotta step their game up.*

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:35 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:31 am And once again, you Ironton tools even with your 5 page rants STILL will not admit of how many kids you have brought in in the last few years and that they ARE what definitely puts you all at the next level!
Pssssssssss!!!!!
Burg = little sister
More like lil' CHEATING sister aka a bunch of dirty butts trashy hoes!
Unlinke Irontn's 1989 State Championship was EARNEd,
W'burg's1989 state Championship came by means of fraud so it should be vacated and never recognized.
Welcome to Wheelersburg, We'll CHEAT ya right!"
Last edited by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI on Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
FightingTiger99
JV Team

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:42 pm

Duhhhh!!!! 😂

Duhhhh! 😂

Agreed about Burg continuing to play Ironton...if they really had a problem with what Ironton was doing, they would take them off the schedule. Most Burg people I know close to the program aren’t worried about Ironton’s transfers. A bunch of their players were even at Ironton recruiting showcase this spring and coaches were fine with it.

A few Burg posters on seopreps are up in arms about Ironton’s transfers, but that doesn’t appear to be the case with Burg coaches/players. They know they gotta step their game up.*
I dont understand some of the burg fans on this site. The fact of who Ironton is and what they have would make me look forward to competing against them. I never even heard of such a thing as crying about transfers except in this area and I have been around prep sports in small towns and bigger cities and in numerous states. It just feels like they are way way outta touch with their perspectives and dont have much experience at all relating to how these kids and most normal adults approach sports at this level/age in 2022. Its kinda like they want to insist an old tired sentiment that is far from the majority sentiment that is eventually going to die with them. Their perspective just doesnt fit anymore.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Coaches don’t need to go out and recruit. The ironton classic, the social media post, the college offers for the kids and kids networking with each other brings in players. Any school would take any of these kids, I’m a Portsmouth fan and I’d take everyone of them. We are mad that kids are leaving our schools, I get it but don’t blame them. If you have talent and wanna play college that’s the place to go to. How many coaches reach out to college connections or make film to send out of their kids, not many. And as a parent, paying for college is hard and some parents may not afford it sadly so if a child has what it takes it’s a smart choice. It’s like a job playing for ironton it looks like, weight training all year round, kids have bought into the program and know what it takes.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
FightingTiger99
JV Team

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:10 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:35 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:31 am And once again, you Ironton tools even with your 5 page rants STILL will not admit of how many kids you have brought in in the last few years and that they ARE what definitely puts you all at the next level!
Pssssssssss!!!!!
Burg = little sister
More like lil' CHEATING sister aka a bunch of dirty hoes!
She's the dirt butt of dirt butts. Scioto counties #1 ratchet. How did you say it? Welcome to burg, we'll cheat ya right." Lol

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:15 pm Coaches don’t need to go out and recruit. The ironton classic, the social media post, the college offers for the kids and kids networking with each other brings in players. Any school would take any of these kids, I’m a Portsmouth fan and I’d take everyone of them. We are mad that kids are leaving our schools, I get it but don’t blame them. If you have talent and wanna play college that’s the place to go to. How many coaches reach out to college connections or make film to send out of their kids, not many. And as a parent, paying for college is hard and some parents may not afford it sadly so if a child has what it takes it’s a smart choice. It’s like a job playing for ironton it looks like, weight training all year round, kids have bought into the program and know what it takes.
Its almost like some on here still dont quite grasp that social media eliminated barriers. Now these kids all know each other and interact. Not just w the kids in your town at your school. Social media gave small town seo the "city" effect. In that now its like a bigger city w many high schools. All these kids in tri state interact and know of each other. There is no more just the good ol by golly hometown and just the hometown. And life moves faster. Results are needed faster. Goals are set and achieved faster. Opportunity is #1 on the priority list. These kids also "attract" and recruit one another. As its been mentioned before. Thats just how it goes. In life there is change. Prep sports included. Normally if our species struggles to adapt to change it ceases to exist. Ironton is introducing the local area teams to a game of sink or swim. Adapt or perish. Fight or flight.

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

Google their 1989 State champ game, and watch it. They've been taught to be total frauds by their so called legendary COACH who taught them how to cheat, so should we expect anything less?!?!. It was totally a 100% illegal "ineligible" tackle down field that they snuck a RB into the OT spot when he was covered up by the WR. But Hey, as Long as the REFS didn't notice it....

LMAO!!!! And the Burg turds wonder why ppl are sending their kids to IRONTON.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
FightingTiger99
JV Team

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:27 pm Google their 1989 State champ game, and watch it. They've been taught to be total frauds by their so called legendary COACH who taught them how to cheat, so should we expect anything less?!?!. It was totally a 100% illegal "ineligible" tackle down field that they snuck a RB into the OT spot when he was covered up by the WR. But Hey, as Long as the REFS didn't notice it....

They couldn't smuggle a spy onto the opposing teams sideline back in 89 so a lil biased ref action hooked em up. Ironically here lately Ironton seems to be the program basking in the present and future while burg now for several years has struggled to win anything outside of their conference and always wants to be heralded in a past light. Middle of the pack team this season.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:25 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:15 pm Coaches don’t need to go out and recruit. The ironton classic, the social media post, the college offers for the kids and kids networking with each other brings in players. Any school would take any of these kids, I’m a Portsmouth fan and I’d take everyone of them. We are mad that kids are leaving our schools, I get it but don’t blame them. If you have talent and wanna play college that’s the place to go to. How many coaches reach out to college connections or make film to send out of their kids, not many. And as a parent, paying for college is hard and some parents may not afford it sadly so if a child has what it takes it’s a smart choice. It’s like a job playing for ironton it looks like, weight training all year round, kids have bought into the program and know what it takes.
Its almost like some on here still dont quite grasp that social media eliminated barriers. Now these kids all know each other and interact. Not just w the kids in your town at your school. Social media gave small town seo the "city" effect. In that now its like a bigger city w many high schools. All these kids in tri state interact and know of each other. There is no more just the good ol by golly hometown and just the hometown. And life moves faster. Results are needed faster. Goals are set and achieved faster. Opportunity is #1 on the priority list. These kids also "attract" and recruit one another. As its been mentioned before. Thats just how it goes. In life there is change. Prep sports included. Normally if our species struggles to adapt to change it ceases to exist. Ironton is introducing the local area teams to a game of sink or swim. Adapt or perish. Fight or flight.
Social media plays a major role this day and age. And these kids all have seen each other in one way or another from camps etc. kids are doing the recruiting and that’s legal.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:35 pm
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:27 pm Google their 1989 State champ game, and watch it. They've been taught to be total frauds by their so called legendary COACH who taught them how to cheat, so should we expect anything less?!?!. It was totally a 100% illegal "ineligible" tackle down field that they snuck a RB into the OT spot when he was covered up by the WR. But Hey, as Long as the REFS didn't notice it....

They couldn't smuggle a spy onto the opposing teams sideline back in 89 so a lil biased ref action hooked em up. Ironically here lately Ironton seems to be the program basking in the present and future while burg now for several years has struggled to win anything outside of their conference and always wants to be heralded in a past light. Middle of the pack team this season.
Bringing up 1989 again? Why are Ironton fans on an Ironton-HP topic talking about an illegal Burg formation in the 1989 state championship?

Nearly every Ironton fan on this page is talking about Wheelersburg. Why the obsession?

FightingTiger99
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:35 pm

Bringing up 1989 again? Why are Ironton fans on an Ironton-HP topic talking about an illegal Burg formation in the 1989 state championship?

Nearly every Ironton fan on this page is talking about Wheelersburg. Why the obsession?
Nobody is talkin about burg. We are making fun of burgs fanbase on this site. Buncha CLOWNS.

4verts
Waterboy

Post by 4verts »

Ironton seems to be a little offensive whenever the transfer topic gets brought up. As someone who doesn't have a horse in the race, I think the biggest red flag isn't necessarily anything recently. I think the strangest thing is how they were 5-5... transfers start coming in... state runner-up. Why or what made them come to a team that went 4-6 and 5-5 two years in a row?

R.RSports
Waterboy

Post by R.RSports »

4verts wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:39 pm Ironton seems to be a little offensive whenever the transfer topic gets brought up. As someone who doesn't have a horse in the race, I think the biggest red flag isn't necessarily anything recently. I think the strangest thing is how they were 5-5... transfers start coming in... state runner-up. Why or what made them come to a team that went 4-6 and 5-5 two years in a row?
I wonder what this conversation would be like if the shoe was on the other foot. Can you imagine? :lol:

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

4verts wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:39 pm Ironton seems to be a little offensive whenever the transfer topic gets brought up. As someone who doesn't have a horse in the race, I think the biggest red flag isn't necessarily anything recently. I think the strangest thing is how they were 5-5... transfers start coming in... state runner-up. Why or what made them come to a team that went 4-6 and 5-5 two years in a row?
Conditioning program, modern offense and defense, getting more kids in each grade out, etc etc

FightingTiger99
JV Team

TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:08 pm
Conditioning program, modern offense and defense, getting more kids in each grade out, etc etc
I think its really weird to suggest misconduct without evidence and wonder why burg fans did that all season? Jan Brady complex?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:27 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:35 pm

Nobody is talkin about burg. We are making fun of burgs fanbase on this site. Buncha CLOWNS.
You’re not talking about the Burg? That’s exactly what you are doing! Bringing up the 1989 team and game, claiming Burg somehow got a biased ref into the state championship game, etc.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:00 pm
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:39 pm
BigSpoon wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:10 pm

You definitely have some athletes on that team. Turnovers and penalties hurt and esp that #3 for Ironton. I’d say hes still open!
Yeah Ty killed us hes a great kid! That’s my guy! Best of luck to them once again!
Why?! Did they elect to put one man on Perkins who was clearly overmatched by him the second half? We were watching and knew exactly where Perkins was going to as Carpenter dropped it right in his hands over his shoulders. Not only did we know the route he'd be running but were able to predict where he'd be when the pass arrived
That corner had safety help and Ty still got open

Return to “Football”