Round 3- #3. Bellaire (8-4) Vs # 2. Nelsonville-York (11-1)

Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Re: Round 3- #3. Bellaire (8-4) Vs # 2. Nelsonville-York (11-1)

Post by Bunker Hill »

Mulga Roadrunner wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:15 pm NY tripped up by the Big Reds. What’s a big red anyway? Is that a Native American term?
Big Reds , yes it’s a Native American tern , Mascot is a Native American . Steubenville is Big Red , Big Red is a horse .

Mulga Roadrunner
Waterboy

Post by Mulga Roadrunner »

Bunker Hill wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:20 pm
Mulga Roadrunner wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:15 pm NY tripped up by the Big Reds. What’s a big red anyway? Is that a Native American term?
Big Reds , yes it’s a Native American tern , Mascot is a Native American . Steubenville is Big Red , Big Red is a horse .
There’s a few more big reds too I believe. Never really thought of the meaning. Wasn’t sure what it was.

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

SOFT AH?????

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Buckeyes. Not the result you were looking for, but still a pretty good season.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

For sure, great season

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Congrats Buckeyes on a great season

Skyrocket
Riding the Bench

Post by Skyrocket »

Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:56 am Everybody saying Bellaire is soft. If that’s true NY will smack them in the mouth. One thing NY isn’t is soft. Better strap it up if you want to have a chance. Just saying.
Well we found out who was SOFT and we saw who got smacked in the mouth!

Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

Great season NY!!

Can’t wait for next year! Going to be a good team.

Good luck to Bellaire the rest of the way

Go Bucks!!
ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

Skyrocket wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:03 pm
Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:56 am Everybody saying Bellaire is soft. If that’s true NY will smack them in the mouth. One thing NY isn’t is soft. Better strap it up if you want to have a chance. Just saying.

Dang! That's brutal! I didn't expect that score, I figured NY would play with them. The score indicates total domination, was this the case ?

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats to Nelsonville on another good season.
Awesome job Bellaire

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

As someone who was on the sideline for the game back in the nineties and knows both programs better than most, I can’t say I’m surprised by the outcome.

As for people running their mouths - that happens all the time when you are in the playoffs and playing a team from a different part of the state you know nothing about. However, it is really hard to walk back a statement like “One thing NY isn’t soft” ……and then get shut out. I mean, in other circumstances, you can blame the refs or the conditions, etc…… but when you don’t score a point, all you can do is blame the mirror for revealing such a soft image.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

Skyrocket wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:03 pm
Yeah I was mistaken. Got misled by a Trimble buddy. I guess as bad as Trimble is not many teams they played seem soft to them. Congrats to Bellaire. Now go show us if you can smack Fort Frye in the mouth. :mrgreen:

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

darn them Trimble folk! Lol

Bellaire has their hands full with Fort Frye

Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Post by Bunker Hill »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:33 am As someone who was on the sideline for the game back in the nineties and knows both programs better than most, I can’t say I’m surprised by the outcome.

As for people running their mouths - that happens all the time when you are in the playoffs and playing a team from a different part of the state you know nothing about. However, it is really hard to walk back a statement like “One thing NY isn’t soft” ……and then get shut out. I mean, in other circumstances, you can blame the refs or the conditions, etc…… but when you don’t score a point, all you can do is blame the mirror for revealing such a soft image.

So true, schools from different areas do have little knowledge and less respect for schools out of their area. That might even be more magnified with schools from these two areas. Being from Bellaire, outside of Ironton and maybe Portsmouth I had that opinion from southern, southeastern Ohio teams , and back in the 90’s that was mostly accurate. Fast forward twenty plus years and Football power has changed to a large degree. Teams from Granville, Johnstown, Garaway , Indian Valley and a few others were very poor football , not the case today . Kirkland and South Range we’re not even on the map now they are among the best in Ohio their division.

Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Post by Bunker Hill »

Individual stats on Ray Ray who some accused of not being that good . 4 Carries 47 yards , 6 receptions 68 yards 1 td , 2 interceptions , 1 fumble recovery 3 tackles .

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good season NY.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

“We didn’t want to show too much” lol

Anybody else see that interview with the Bellaire Head Coach on Gridiron Glory?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:41 pm “We didn’t want to show too much” lol

Anybody else see that interview with the Bellaire Head Coach on Gridiron Glory?
That was his excuse for not scoring in the second half. After allowing almost 500 yards rushing Vs Fort week 2 he better have some new plays.

Bigreds pride
Freshman Team

Post by Bigreds pride »

Ray ray had 3 tds that game with 150 + receiving I hope it’s a good game bellaire has been wanting a rematch they get it let’s see what happens bellaire is straight class the went over and congratulated the Buckeyes on a good season yu don’t see that to much

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Bigreds pride wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:52 am Ray ray had 3 tds that game with 150 + receiving I hope it’s a good game bellaire has been wanting a rematch they get it let’s see what happens bellaire is straight class the went over and congratulated the Buckeyes on a good season yu don’t see that to much
2 Tds were Vs JV in mop up time. It was 42-6 at one point.

Return to “Football”