Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth 2022 Playoffs

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Round 2 Portsmouth @ Ironton

Post by Beergogglebluez »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:07 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:32 pm Trojans did amazing with irontons run game but it was Perkins who was lights out. Need to get him controlled somehow, and corners need to try to turn around. Offensive line worries me and needs to give Duncan a second or 2. Someone has to beat ironton at some point so why not Portsmouth Friday. I’m looking forward to it
Perkins was also lights out when the Tigers and the Ironmen played the second game of the season. I know his first TD reception was probably 70-75 yards. Even though the Ironmen had a 26-14 lead at the half, after they had a turnover on receiving the second half kickoff, the first play Perkins made a great catch of probably 30-35 yards for another TD. It just seemed to completely change the momentum of the game at that point, and the Tigers from there on out had the Ironmen back on their heels with field position most of the second half. I'm not sure of the exact time, but I'm pretty sure it may have been less than a couple minutes left in the game that the Tigers then scored the go ahead TD and 2 point conversion to win the game 29-26. Perkins is not only long, he has very good speed as well. He's just a very good all around athlete.
I was watching spectrum 1 playoff coverage and Antonio Pittman and the other guy said Perkins is the best receiver in the state. If Portsmouth doesn’t have number 40 we are in trouble

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:22 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:07 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:32 pm Trojans did amazing with irontons run game but it was Perkins who was lights out. Need to get him controlled somehow, and corners need to try to turn around. Offensive line worries me and needs to give Duncan a second or 2. Someone has to beat ironton at some point so why not Portsmouth Friday. I’m looking forward to it
Perkins was also lights out when the Tigers and the Ironmen played the second game of the season. I know his first TD reception was probably 70-75 yards. Even though the Ironmen had a 26-14 lead at the half, after they had a turnover on receiving the second half kickoff, the first play Perkins made a great catch of probably 30-35 yards for another TD. It just seemed to completely change the momentum of the game at that point, and the Tigers from there on out had the Ironmen back on their heels with field position most of the second half. I'm not sure of the exact time, but I'm pretty sure it may have been less than a couple minutes left in the game that the Tigers then scored the go ahead TD and 2 point conversion to win the game 29-26. Perkins is not only long, he has very good speed as well. He's just a very good all around athlete.
I was watching spectrum 1 playoff coverage and Antonio Pittman and the other guy said Perkins is the best receiver in the state. If Portsmouth doesn’t have number 40 we are in trouble
I just know that the Ironmen had problems covering him throughout the game. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that with very few seconds left in the game, and the Ironmen very deep in Tigers territory trying to retake the lead, that he then made the interception to ice the game for the Tigers.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Talked to Coach Kalb yesterday, and he told me that Reade Pendleton is in a boot and wasn't sure whether he could play. I hope he can, because he is one of our biggest playmakers on offense. We don't have the depth of Ironton, so any loss of a starter could be a real problem.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Sucks to hear about Reade Pendleton being hurt. Let’s be honest though, 3 days away from the game and he’s in a walking boot he’s probably not playing. If he does play he’s not going to be 100% so he’s not going to be very effective. Assuming he doesn’t play I would think Nathaniel Berry and Beau Hammond see more time at WR with Truett in the backfield. Not sure who would replace Reade on defense though.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

I thought Bailey Thacker played pretty solid defense on Dline and wonder if we will get Pittman back on offense?
Still too many weapons to defend even if he cannot play.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

I’ll say Ironton by 20

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Beergogglebluez
SE

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:50 am Sucks to hear about Reade Pendleton being hurt. Let’s be honest though, 3 days away from the game and he’s in a walking boot he’s probably not playing. If he does play he’s not going to be 100% so he’s not going to be very effective. Assuming he doesn’t play I would think Nathaniel Berry and Beau Hammond see more time at WR with Truett in the backfield. Not sure who would replace Reade on defense though.
Truett needs to stay in the backfield Friday either running the ball because he’s stronger or being a blocker to give Duncan a extra second or two possibly. You are right if he’s in a boot no way he’s 100% if he is a go.

TrojanBlood
Waterboy

Post by TrojanBlood »

trojandave wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:34 am Talked to Coach Kalb yesterday, and he told me that Reade Pendleton is in a boot and wasn't sure whether he could play. I hope he can, because he is one of our biggest playmakers on offense. We don't have the depth of Ironton, so any loss of a starter could be a real problem.
Not that I think it would make any difference in the outcome of this game. But not sure why anyone would give the opposing team that kind of information that they learned from the head coach. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

TrojanBlood wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:35 am
trojandave wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:34 am Talked to Coach Kalb yesterday, and he told me that Reade Pendleton is in a boot and wasn't sure whether he could play. I hope he can, because he is one of our biggest playmakers on offense. We don't have the depth of Ironton, so any loss of a starter could be a real problem.
Not that I think it would make any difference in the outcome of this game. But not sure why anyone would give the opposing team that kind of information that they learned from the head coach. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

It's all over Facebook so it's not a secret,and I'm guessing if the coaches didn't want it out he would have just avoided the question.

Like you said,not going to matter

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

TrojanBlood: The reason I gave out that information is because it is factual, instead of "I heard this, I heard that", or "rumor is". He may play, he may not play. Coach Kalb didn't tip his hand either way. I actually thought what I posted was a rather innocuous comment.

Thanks, Pinwheel, for providing more clarity to the issue.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Good Luck Tigers! 🐅

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Very shaky start by the Trojans.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Score yet?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Beergogglebluez
SE

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:11 pm Score yet?
14-0 ironton with 8 minutes left in the 1st

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

21-0, Portsmouth is totally outclassed.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Portsmouth finally gets a stop at their own 28. Take over on downs to end the first.

Hilltiger
Riding the Bench

Post by Hilltiger »

Running clock

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Ironton starting to look like the team everyone thought they would be. Complete domination.*

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Don't put no stock in how good Ironton is by beating this Portsmouth team SMH.

On a side note someone just told me the PA announcer sounds drunk and took a tumble

Beergogglebluez
SE

35-0 halftime. Portsmouth can’t do a thing.

Return to “Football”