Playoff Ticketing

mattash
Site Admin

Playoff Ticketing

Post by mattash »

games for this fall in volleyball, soccer, football, cross country, golf and tennis:

1. Home Town Ticketing (HTT) is the provider for OHSAA tournament events.
2. All Sectional, District and Regional level games will use HTT.
3. There are NO CASH transactions accepted at the site of the tournament.
4. Go to ohsaa.org/tickets or use the Hometown Fan App.
5. Click on tickets.
6. Select the sport/event you want to attend.
7. EXAMPLE: Boys Soccer, Find Division/Region and click.
8. Prices:
Sectional and District- $6 student- $8 adult
Regional- $8 student- $10 adult
State- $12 student- $15 adult

Athletic Directors, coaches and players, please let people know how to purchase tickets before they get to the game site. Some facilities may not have good internet service to purchase a ticket or online ticket sales have stopped before the game is played.
Thanks and best wishes to you and your team this postseason.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Playoff Ticketing

Post by mattash »

Get your tickets

Michael Scott
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

So no tickets at the gate?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Nope

Michael Scott
carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Why don't A.D.'s just accept cash and not worry about the OHSAA? Keep it for the school. Is there OHSAA police types on the scene?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

carbon_dated wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:26 pm Why don't A.D.'s just accept cash and not worry about the OHSAA? Keep it for the school. Is there OHSAA police types on the scene?
You know that is called theft, and would probably reach a felony in dollar figures. But sure, give it a try! School taking cash would be all over the internet and social media sites.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:19 pm
carbon_dated wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:26 pm Why don't A.D.'s just accept cash and not worry about the OHSAA? Keep it for the school. Is there OHSAA police types on the scene?
You know that is called theft, and would probably reach a felony in dollar figures. But sure, give it a try! School taking cash would be all over the internet and social media sites.
Theft is what the OHSAA is doing now days!
16 teams per region is ridiculous!
They’re making all this money and still giving the same lame awards!
They can do much better IMO! It’s really sad!

WWE HALL OF FAME
thebarlowbandit
All State

How do you think all these other tournaments, that do not draw thousands of fans survive. And it’s no different. I attended an OCC football game this year for $10. That’s regular season.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I am amazed at the number of people who come to tournament games and they expect to pay at the site. Schools need to do a better job of getting the word out to students and fans. We are announcing this 3-4 days ahead of time at school and putting it out on social media. This has been done now for at least 3 years, maybe 4. The one good thing about the scan is that it gets fans in the sites quicker.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Prices went up which will make the smallish crowds smaller along with online sales.
I have talked to fans at every game I attend and most areas have said online tickets and higher ticket prices keep them from attending as many games as they have in the past. Factor in some teams traveling 3 hours ot more to be beaten by 60 and those games will look like practice as far as the lack of fans goes.

thebarlowbandit
All State

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:39 am Prices went up which will make the smallish crowds smaller along with online sales.
I have talked to fans at every game I attend and most areas have said online tickets and higher ticket prices keep them from attending as many games as they have in the past. Factor in some teams traveling 3 hours ot more to be beaten by 60 and those games will look like practice as far as the lack of fans goes.
Prices actually went down, there are no processing fees for the customer, the OHSAA is eating that cost as well, there are student ticket prices this year.

thebarlowbandit
All State

alabama mike wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:35 am I am amazed at the number of people who come to tournament games and they expect to pay at the site. Schools need to do a better job of getting the word out to students and fans. We are announcing this 3-4 days ahead of time at school and putting it out on social media. This has been done now for at least 3 years, maybe 4. The one good thing about the scan is that it gets fans in the sites quicker.
2nd nice thing is AD’s are not responsible for carrying around cash.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

61 cent “processing” fee, paid by me, the fan.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:06 pm 61 cent “processing” fee, paid by me, the fan.
I paid a $.61 processing fee as well. Not sure when they started this, but I clearly remember buying a ticket at the gate the year they allowed any team that wanted to play in the playoffs enter the playoffs.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Imagine making $10k-$20k a game and needing to rake pennies more per ticket in fees. OHSAA will collapse under its own weight before long.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Seems quiet after those showed a fee.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hey barlowbandit….I’ve been to a few different tournament sites in differing sports. I’ve noticed those sites haven’t been as strict as in the past with the scanning in of tickets already purchased. Heck at state last year most of my parents and fans from school weren’t checked at all…of course they had already paid for the tickets so money was already had. Do you foresee the OHSAA closely monitoring this down the road as fans figure out the sites aren’t watching closely and may not be purchasing but still watching ? (I’m not talking Jackson as one of the sites btw)

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

$10 sound terrible but how many things do you know of that have only suffered 100% inflation in the last 20 years. There are things that have seen that rise in the last 6 months.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Don't forget to add price of parking, some games for playoff $2, and last night $5.00 :(
Who gets the $$$, OHSAA, or the host school?

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

rickoshay wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:43 pm Don't forget to add price of parking, some games for playoff $2, and last night $5.00 :(
Who gets the $$$, OHSAA, or the host school?
from the ohsaa…

A team’s won-lost record, regional seed and state rank do not factor into neutral site selections. Rarely can an available site be found exactly halfway between the two schools. Neutral sites receive a rental fee amount from the OHSAA and they keep revenue from concessions, parking and program sales.

Return to “Football”