Wheelersburg 59 - 0 Heath 2022 Playoffs

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Wheelersburg 59 - 0 Heath 2022 Playoffs

Post by The Nature Boy »

So all games first 2 rounds on Friday nights. Burg gets 1 home game for sure. Burg played Heath last in 2017 at Heath. Burg should regroup and take this one. Playing at home helps plus their schedule..Anyone's thoughts?

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Re: Reg 19: #11 Heath @ #6 Wheelersburg

Post by The Nature Boy »

I stand corrected. Played Heath in 2018 as well and won 48 to 0.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

2018 Burg was moved to Region 20 and I missed it..back to 19 in 2019.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

That 2018 Heath team may have been the worst or the softest (possibly both) football team I have ever seen. The 48-0 was a halftime score, game postponed to the next day because of storms and then they just said no mas and called it a final. We should not have much trouble with them this year but I don’t think Heath is as bad as then.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg needs to right the ship. Last two weeks haven’t looked like the same team from the first 8 games.

It seems like they are trying to throw the deep ball every time they drop back to pass. They are not utilizing one of the best TE’s in the area in Caleb Arthur. The better teams are onto the jet sweep and it just doesn’t work against the stronger teams.

Burg needs to get back to running between the tackles with some short passes to move the chains.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I agree. They acted like a different team last night. They were out of sync. West is a good ball club and I give them their props but Burg has played better and survived.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

It should be an interesting second season. I picked Harvest Prep early on to win the region but as we know from last year anything can happen. D5 should be interesting with a lot of good teams.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Burg 38-6
Last edited by Nicknevada86 on Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:42 pm Burg needs to right the ship. Last two weeks haven’t looked like the same team from the first 8 games.

It seems like they are trying to throw the deep ball every time they drop back to pass. They are not utilizing one of the best TE’s in the area in Caleb Arthur. The better teams are onto the jet sweep and it just doesn’t work against the stronger teams.

Burg needs to get back to running between the tackles with some short passes to move the chains.
I'm not sure Arthur is the stud you think he is.

However, it's obvious that THAT particular game plan is Burg's bread and butter, but if teams want to put 9 in the box like West did, it's a wrap. Line is average at best, got ate up this week.

It's week 11, the team is what it is, Jones isn't going to get better at passing and the line isn't going to get better at blocking. Some adjustments better have been made in the coach's meeting yesterday or its an early out for the Pirates, I know for a fact this staff puts in HOURS every day for the team, literally no days off.

Couple things that need addressed:

-Don't know Kolton Salyers status for this week, but man there was quite the drop off from him to Maxie at LB. That needs addressed.
-If Jones is playing QB because he's a runner, then run him more. If not, put Rucker in and run your normal stuff.
-Burg's potential all year has been high, but I haven't seen them meet it in 9 of the 10 games. Intensity level wasn't where it should've been for an SOC title game.

This Heath team is good, the 4 losses were all vs legit competition: 2 D3 schools, a D4 school, and one of the top D7 schools in the state. Pirates on upset alert

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:14 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:42 pm Burg needs to right the ship. Last two weeks haven’t looked like the same team from the first 8 games.

However, it's obvious that THAT particular game plan is Burg's bread and butter, but if teams want to put 9 in the box like West did, it's a wrap. Line is average at best, got ate up this week.

It's week 11, the team is what it is, Jones isn't going to get better at passing and the line isn't going to get better at blocking. Some adjustments better have been made in the coach's meeting yesterday or its an early out for the Pirates, I know for a fact this staff puts in HOURS every day for the team, literally no days off.

-Don't know Kolton Salyers status for this week, but man there was quite the drop off from him to Maxie at LB. That needs addressed.
-If Jones is playing QB because he's a runner, then run him more. If not, put Rucker in and run your normal stuff.
-Burg's potential all year has been high, but I haven't seen them meet it in 9 of the 10 games. Intensity level wasn't where it should've been for an SOC title game.

This Heath team is good, the 4 losses were all vs legit competition: 2 D3 schools, a D4 school, and one of the top D7 schools in the state. Pirates on upset alert
Maxie is more than capable of filling in the linebacker spot .. Just 3 weeks ago he got defensive player of the game I'm not saying that he is better than Salyers but I think he is very capable and does a good job

Burg grad 85
Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:36 am

Maxie is more than capable of filling in the linebacker spot .. Just 3 weeks ago he got defensive player of the game I'm not saying that he is better than Salyers but I think he is very capable and does a good job
vs Waverly? lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Maxie is fine. Losing Salyers will hurt, he's a starter, always does. Maxie will be coached up this week, and he will get better.

The offensive line is fine. Burg lost to three tough opponents by an average of 8 points. Ironton - 9, Jackson - 8, and west -7. All of those games were winnable for the pirates.

To be successful in the playoffs, Burg will have to complete enough passes to keep defenses from being aggressive against the run. If they can, they can definitely be a threat to whomever they play.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Calling out kids by name is bullsh@t. No one player is the reason for a 11 man team loss . GTFOH. These are 16-17-18 year olds kids , not NFL players. Do better ! SMFH

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

You would think Burg wins this game going away. #6 vs #11 upsets happen but I think Burg is by far the stronger team. Of course I only saw Wheelersburg online but they are a very solid team. A 7-3 record with their schedule is a very good record and the 3 losses were very close.

If Wheelersburg and Barnesville both win in the first round that should be the best matchup in Week #12.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Ed Gennero wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:44 am Calling out kids by name is bullsh@t. No one player is the reason for a 11 man team loss . GTFOH. These are 16-17-18 year olds kids , not NFL players. Do better ! SMFH
what's the difference in naming a name vs position or number? Saying a name is just providing clarity on the topic being discussed. No one said anything outta pocket about any kid anyway

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:14 am Maxie is fine. Losing Salyers will hurt, he's a starter, always does. Maxie will be coached up this week, and he will get better.

The offensive line is fine. Burg lost to three tough opponents by an average of 8 points. Ironton - 9, Jackson - 8, and west -7. All of those games were winnable for the pirates.

To be successful in the playoffs, Burg will have to complete enough passes to keep defenses from being aggressive against the run. If they can, they can definitely be a threat to whomever they play.
did you miss the West game? West completely controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball. Burg couldn't move the ball the entire second half -- bc there were 9 in the box and no pass threat. The only way to remedy that is to establish a passing game early, something Burg has failed to do the entirety of the season.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

How would we know? They've hardly thrown to him all year.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I don't think it will be a very pleasant evening for Heath in this first round matchup against the Pirates.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Does anyone think or know if Burg will have Rucker starting this week maybe practicing him with the starting offense all week might help??? No matter who starts they have to start throwing some more and whoever is calling the plays has to get better at mixing it up

Burg grad 85
Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:47 pm

How would we know? They've hardly thrown to him all year.
I've seen him drop numerous passes this year, hits your hands gotta catch it right?
His biggest play of the year was vs Jackson and then he fumbled it at the end of the run.

Just seems like a lot of hype around him and not a lot of production. In my mind, if he's a player that he's hyped to be he'd be getting the ball in various ways.

This coaching staff has always found ways to get their studs the ball. Brandon Schankweiler, Tyler Craigmiles, Alex Shears, Eddie Miller, Dylan Miller, Tyler Claxon, Austin May, Tanner Holden, Makya Matthews, Xander Charmichael. All of whom got the ball in the run and passing games. Eric Lattimore is being used this way right now. I just don't buy it with Arthur.

Return to “Football”