Name the team"s" private vs public

Pinwheel
JV Team

Name the team"s" private vs public

Post by Pinwheel »

Over the years we've seen our share of team"s" that whined and cried about private vs public,about how they thought it was unfair,they get kids from all over,they recruit,they cheat ,we can't compete with,etc on and on the crying they done.

Now , have some of us resorted to bending the rules "cheating" if you will ,is this what we want to teach our kids ,if you can't win with your childhood buddy's ,jump on someone else's wagon and take the easy way for that gold trophy,ring,medal etc.

Oh how the tides have turned,I can still name a couple old timers that cried when they lost a great basketball player,and 2 or 3 that lost football players.
Last edited by Pinwheel on Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: Name the team"s"

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Sounds like you’re just making a general statement. Stupid topic.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Private vs public comes up this time a year every year , just a little spin because times have changed.

Sounds like you're offended ?

Stupid response.!!

Don't like the topic move on.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:04 pm Private vs public comes up this time a year every year , just a little spin because times have changed.

Stupid response.!!

Yet another stupid response. You didn’t even post what you’re looking for. Public vs private doesn’t come up till around till deeper in the playoffs. SMH

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:16 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:04 pm Private vs public comes up this time a year every year , just a little spin because times have changed.

Stupid response.!!

Yet another stupid response. You didn’t even post what you’re looking for. Public vs private doesn’t come up till around till deeper in the playoffs. SMH

You're lost , it comes up at the end of regular season every year 😂😂

It's obvious what I'm looking for ,the truth just hurts some people 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Stick around it will come :geek:

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:49 pm Over the years we've seen our share of team"s" that whined and cried about private vs public,about how they thought it was unfair,they get kids from all over,they recruit,they cheat ,we can't compete with,etc on and on the crying they done.

Now , have some of us resorted to bending the rules "cheating" if you will ,is this what we want to teach our kids ,if you can't win with your childhood buddy's ,jump on someone else's wagon and take the easy way for that gold trophy,ring,medal etc.

Oh how the tides have turned,I can still name a couple old timers that cried when they lost a great basketball player,and 2 or 3 that lost football players.
I can name a few old Ironton posters that did nothing but cry about Catholic schools and how they shouldn't be allowed to play in the playoffs.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

FIDO wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:09 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:49 pm Over the years we've seen our share of team"s" that whined and cried about private vs public,about how they thought it was unfair,they get kids from all over,they recruit,they cheat ,we can't compete with,etc on and on the crying they done.

I can name a few old Ironton posters that did nothing but cry about Catholic schools and how they shouldn't be allowed to play in the playoffs.

Claimed it wasn't a level playing field, said they couldn't compete with a team that was allowed to recruit other players outside their district.

But they aren't alone,some others did this same crying about same thing,but now stooping to the same level,it's all about winning for them now , when they used to post
" all about the kids" haven't seen the quote for a while ehh ?

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Re: Name the team"s" private vs public

Post by The Nature Boy »

I just posted about this on the Ironton/ Minford thread. Wish I had seen this one first. Yep, transfer, recruiting, whatever, blah, blah, blah. Everyone does it. My reasoning was to break private, Catholic Christian schools into their own divisions to give public schools a better shot at winning a championship. However, I also went on the flip side and stated equal chance to recruit, kids get their buddies to come play they met in travel ball, and OHSAA competitive balance which I think they tried to dig into this a little. Bottom.line is you gotta play with what you got, however you got them, coach them up and play the games.. Again, everyone does it, kids like a chance to win and have fun doing it. Sometimes yes parents want what's best for little Johnnie and yes Susie. It is what it is but to have the complainers be the ones doing it most is laughable. My kids went to Burg for education. Yes we still root for them...have a good day. Peace

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:16 pm

Stupid response.!!

Meigs @ Harvest Prep is a public vs private school

teach1coach2
All State

Re: Name the team"s" private vs public

Post by teach1coach2 »

Definitely.

Also New Lex vs Bishop Hartley. Kids who have played together since the first year of biddy league against kids who meet in high school. It is what it is.

But we are beating a dead horse here. Go coach em up and play. If you lose, time for basketball and wrestling. Control the things you can control. Don't worry about the things you can't control.

And yes, open enrollment at some public schools has provided a little of that private advantage. It also is what it is.

Return to “Football”