CB #'s and Total Enrollment

RBH23
S

Re: CB #'s and Total Enrollment

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:25 am
wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:10 am
OVCFan1 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:52 am cb assign.PNG
Ironton should have had a few tier 2s over the past 5 years. They have been able to skate around it. Apparently they don’t get to with the Ashland kids.
Burg has had Portsmouth kids , Ironton kids , Minford kids , Oak Hill kids , in all sports.
In the past 10 years, Burg may have had 5 kids transfer in to play football; they’ve also had about that many transfer out.

How many transfer does Ironton have over that 10 year period? Ironton probably has more than that on their roster this year alone…

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

Something that I have asked and cannot get an answer on (2 emails to OHSAA) is how the final numbers are vetted or if there is an auditing process for the numbers that are given? Or, is this 100% on the honor system. And, I am in no way claiming that anybody is "cheating", however, within a given society there is a % of malfeasance and/or a % of errors that will occur statistically. I would have to think there is, at a minimum, a random sampling of auditing of the numbers by schools each year. Afterall many schools are being pushed up or are literally hanging by a thread of staying where they are.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:53 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:10 am

Ironton should have had a few tier 2s over the past 5 years. They have been able to skate around it. Apparently they don’t get to with the Ashland kids.
Burg has had Portsmouth kids , Ironton kids , Minford kids , Oak Hill kids , in all sports.
In the past 10 years, Burg may have had 5 kids transfer in to play football; they’ve also had about that many transfer out.

How many transfer does Ironton have over that 10 year period? Ironton probably has more than that on their roster this year alone…
I don’t know how many ironton has had. I know burg has gad quite a few come and start. Lots of softball players.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:24 pm

I don’t know how many ironton has had. I know burg has gad quite a few come and start. Lots of softball players.
softball? we talmbout football.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:25 pm

Burg has gotten some transfers , Ironton has taken it to a new level.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:27 pm

Ironton has more recruits, er um transfers, on this years roster than Burg has had the last 5 years.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:33 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:27 pm

Ironton has more recruits, er um transfers, on this years roster than Burg has had the last 5 years.

Exactly like I said , Burg has benefited from transfers. Ironton is going crazy with them

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

You notice Burg fans don’t count the kids that live out of District and should be going to other schools lol.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:57 pm

You notice Burg fans don’t count the kids that live out of District and should be going to other schools lol.
hard to be considered a transfer when you've been at the same school you're entire life.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:01 pm

hard to be considered a transfer when you've been at the same school you're entire life.
Doesn’t change the fact that they should be going to another school.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:03 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:01 pm

Doesn’t change the fact that they should be going to another school.
that'd be correct... except for the fact that CB considers students enrolled since 7th grade, which an overwhelming majority of open enrollment students at Burg are.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Even “lots of softball players” is an overreach . None of the players on this state team were high school transfers. In fact, the vast majority are from second and third generation Burg families. Names that have been common in Burg for decades: Eaton, Skiver, Heimbach, Mowery, Howard, Lang, etc.

As shocking as it might seem to some, Burg does not get a lot of sports transfers. And if you sum up the incoming and outgoing, it’s about a wash.

As for those living on the border of Burg, they send their kids to Burg for one reason: academics.

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

I agree with I98 Burg has gotten transfers....Ironton has taken this to a new level not seen before...but if no rules are broken why do we continue to discuss this...Burg did the unthinkable last year with the major upset in the Tourney.....

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

LBD0263 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:17 pm I agree with I98 Burg has gotten transfers....Ironton has taken this to a new level not seen before...but if no rules are broken why do we continue to discuss this...Burg did the unthinkable last year with the major upset in the Tourney.....
Unless parents are lying, rules are being broken. Contact is being made with kids from other schools.

This is why Ashland and some OVC schools are so upset. Some SOC schools aren’t happy about it either, but Ironton doesn’t play them in the regular season.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:24 pm
LBD0263 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:17 pm I agree with I98 Burg has gotten transfers....Ironton has taken this to a new level not seen before...but if no rules are broken why do we continue to discuss this...Burg did the unthinkable last year with the major upset in the Tourney.....
Unless parents are lying, rules are being broken. Contact is being made with kids from other schools.

This is why Ashland and some OVC schools are so upset. Some SOC schools aren’t happy about it either, but Ironton doesn’t play them in the regular season.
Need proof

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:28 pm

Need proof
Need proof that other schools are accusing Ironton of recruiting? Coaches are publicly stating it.

As for parents, I’m not giving you parents’ names or pointing to where you can find these claims on social media. You’ll have to do your own research.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:41 pm

Need proof
Need proof that other schools are accusing Ironton of recruiting? Coaches are publicly stating it.

As for parents, I’m not giving you parents’ names or pointing to where you can find these claims on social media. You’ll have to do your own research.
I need proof of wrongdoing. Need a guilty verdict.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:10 pm

Need proof

True, it is innocent until proven guilty. For example: OJ Simpson didn’t murder anyone, neither did Casey Anthony. Not guilty verdict, so 100% did not commit the crime.

I haven’t driven over the speed limit since my last speeding ticket. How do I know this? I haven’t gotten a ticket since, so no chance I have driven faster than the posted limit.

Now back to Ironton…

Their second oldest rival now refuses to play them over this (Ashland has played Ironton longer than we have been alive).

Some OVC coaches are accusing Ironton of this and making their comments about Ironton public.

Parents have stated that their kids have been contacted by Ironton coaches…

Now maybe all of it is lies, misunderstandings, and/or rumors. Maybe none of it is occurring at all. Time will tell, but the verdict won’t be a “guilty” charge from OHSAA. It will be more and more schools refusing to play Ironton, and possibly the OVC dumping them.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:09 pm

Even “lots of softball players” is an overreach . None of the players on this state team were high school transfers. In fact, the vast majority are from second and third generation Burg families. Names that have been common in Burg for decades: Eaton, Skiver, Heimbach, Mowery, Howard, Lang, etc.

As shocking as it might seem to some, Burg does not get a lot of sports transfers. And if you sum up the incoming and outgoing, it’s about a wash.

As for those living on the border of Burg, they send their kids to Burg for one reason: academics.
Got you 🤣

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:25 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:10 pm

True, it is innocent until proven guilty. For example: OJ Simpson didn’t murder anyone, neither did Casey Anthony. Not guilty verdict, so 100% did not commit the crime.

I haven’t driven over the speed limit since my last speeding ticket. How do I know this? I haven’t gotten a ticket since, so no chance I have driven faster than the posted limit.

Now back to Ironton…

Their second oldest rival now refuses to play them over this (Ashland has played Ironton longer than we have been alive).

Some OVC coaches are accusing Ironton of this and making their comments about Ironton public.

Parents have stated that their kids have been contacted by Ironton coaches…

Now maybe all of it is lies, misunderstandings, and/or rumors. Maybe none of it is occurring at all. Time will tell, but the verdict won’t be a “guilty” charge from OHSAA. It will be more and more schools refusing to play Ironton, and possibly the OVC dumping them.
So Ironton is openly bringing in 5-6 starters each year, openly contacting parents about kids coming to Ironton and yet the OHSAA either won’t look into it or has found no wrong doing. ?

Return to “Football”