CB #'s and Total Enrollment

RBH23
S

Re: CB #'s and Total Enrollment

Post by RBH23 »

fielddaddy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:10 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:05 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:51 am What are people going to say next year and beyond. The JV is loaded middle school is loaded. Are they recruits or transfers? Some of those recruits or transfers barely play or don’t play. Ashland qb is not a starter. Pittman he barely played and when he did he’s not had much impact. Felder is really good. The best back in my opinion. Keyes has power. The excuse is going to run out sooner or later. I don’t care at all. Whatever school should load up. I keep getting sucked into these ridiculous threads lol. It’s addicting like daytime soaps.
What are people going to say next year? Depends on how many new faces show up on the Ironton team.
maybe all those new faces want to win maybe they don't care if they start or not because they know they will still get playing time and be part of a winning team.
These lame excuses Ironton only wins because of recruits is just that lame.
The statement kids are being ripped from their schools and teams and friends is even stupider.
Young men are wanting to be winners and part of a team that works to build and win.
Say what you will Pendelton is working and teaching these young men to be their best.
They just don't get to practice and play they are required to be a part of the community by doing community service encouraged to get summer jobs and create a work ethic.
To support each other when called upon to play be ready.
Pendleton is building something at Ironton and young men want to be a part of that.
Other coaches and schools either need to step up or continue to allow Ironton to recieve their players.
So whine all you want and bring up what you will.
Ironton is only getting better and it is showing
Two years ago, Ironton took a step back getting humiliated in the state title game. The team looked unprepared and were sloppy.

Last year, they lost to a far inferior team in the regional semifinals, a game Ironton had no business losing.

So this year, three new faces were added with one having a huge impact. We’ll see if this translates to success in the playoffs, or another disappointing performance.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:18 am
mustard wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 am

maybe all those new faces want to win maybe they don't care if they start or not because they know they will still get playing time and be part of a winning team.
The statement kids are being ripped from their schools and teams and friends is even stupider.
Young men are wanting to be winners and part of a team that works to build and win.
Say what you will Pendelton is working and teaching these young men to be their best.
They just don't get to practice and play they are required to be a part of the community by doing community service encouraged to get summer jobs and create a work ethic.
Pendleton is building something at Ironton and young men want to be a part of that.
Other coaches and schools either need to step up or continue to allow Ironton to recieve their players.
He's got next year to prove it if no one transfers in, unless we count the ashland kids, since they aint playing a full season. But next year he can shut a lot of people up if no one transfers in and he's successful outside of the OVC. They will win the OVC every year with who they have most likely.

But we all know, its the only way to combat the columbus schools, so I doubt he gets zero in next year.
You need the help to beat those teams. Harvest prep all recruits. Burg didn’t beat them last year. I am not sure ironton can beat harvest prep this year with the kids they have. Burg won’t. No school in southern Ohio will beat them. I hope the hell I’m wrong but they have got better every year.
Burg had a young, limited team last year and played with HP. A team with Ironton’s talent should be able to beat them. HP does not have a talent advantage over Ironton.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

He's got next year to prove it if no one transfers in, unless we count the ashland kids, since they aint playing a full season. But next year he can shut a lot of people up if no one transfers in and he's successful outside of the OVC. They will win the OVC every year with who they have most likely.

But we all know, its the only way to combat the columbus schools, so I doubt he gets zero in next year.
You need the help to beat those teams. Harvest prep all recruits. Burg didn’t beat them last year. I am not sure ironton can beat harvest prep this year with the kids they have. Burg won’t. No school in southern Ohio will beat them. I hope the hell I’m wrong but they have got better every year.
I did watch Harvest Prep. They are super fast at all skill positions and their QB is lighting quick.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:07 am
THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:15 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:04 am

Webster may be good by Scioto County standards, but they are nowhere near Burg. Nationally, Burg is ranked 3,000 out of 18,000 schools; Webster is 7,700th. Within the state, Burg is 104th. Webster 264th.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-h ... l-rankings

I don’t think people realize how good Burg’s schools are.
Everytime I hear someone say a seo school is good or mention anything about academics in seo I lmao. 😂
I’m not saying, USNews is saying it. Maybe you should contact them and explain how they are wrong in their rankings based on your thorough analysis.
Burgs not so great after all.
https://www.usnews.com/education/best-h ... hool-15717

I did notice Jackson ranks way ahead of Burg academically.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:26 am

I did watch Harvest Prep. They are super fast at all skill positions and their QB is lighting quick.
Ironton beat them a cpl seasons ago. Burg didnt belong in that game. They took good advantage of the opportunity Ironton not having qb1 gave them on one night then ran outta gas.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:57 am

Everytime I hear someone say a seo school is good or mention anything about academics in seo I lmao. 😂
I’m not saying, USNews is saying it. Maybe you should contact them and explain how they are wrong in their rankings based on your thorough analysis.

From the guy that can't spell the own county that he apparently lives in, that's pretty rich. Answer me this: why do you care so much about Southeastern Ohio? If you don't like the area, why are you obsessed with getting on this page? Seems to me like you do care about this area, or you wouldn't comment so much on it as well as the schools and athletes in it.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

KCol wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:43 pm

From the guy that can't spell the own county that he apparently lives in, that's pretty rich. Answer me this: why do you care so much about Southeastern Ohio? If you don't like the area, why are you obsessed with getting on this page? Seems to me like you do care about this area, or you wouldn't comment so much on it as well as the schools and athletes in it.
I'm trying to figure out why burg fans are on a football forum. This isn't softball or soccer. Stick to things you can score in. 😂

Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:08 pm

I'm trying to figure out why burg fans are on a football forum. This isn't softball or soccer. Stick to things you can score in. 😂
🤣🤣🤣

Living the dream in Middleport Metro
DcP3407
Riding the Bench

Post by DcP3407 »

I find this so comical. I've read several of your posts and they provide a great laugh This one is really good!!! I love that you took the time to look up the rankings and flex your keyboard muscle once your saw that "Jackson High School" was ranked above Wheelersburg....lol... Man you really got everyone there.... Too bad you forgot to look at what Jackson High School you were referencing. :lol: :D

Note: Jackson High School (Jackson County) and Wheelersburg High School are both great schools. Both schools do a fantastic job in preparing their graduates for college and/or the workforce - Anyone who lives in the area does not need rankings to tell them that.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

I think you are confused (big shock)!!

Jackson Massillon does rank higher, Jackson in SEO ranks around 4,500 versus Burg at 2,700.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:48 pm

I think you are confused (big shock)!!

Jackson Massillon does rank higher, Jackson in SEO ranks around 4,500 versus Burg at 2,700.
:lol: :lol: :lol: @THEEE_GAME is such a troll he troll'd himself

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Congrats on that. Awesome accomplishment.

However, I doubt the trophy for that compares to Burg’s recent state trophies.

Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

You Ironton guys need to stop making jokes about this stuff. People are getting their feelings hurt up in here. You should be more empathetic and caring about that. Don’t be so proud of your team. Someone might get so hurt and angry that they report you for “trolling.” 😂

Living the dream in Middleport Metro
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:59 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:26 am

Ironton beat them a cpl seasons ago. Burg didnt belong in that game. They took good advantage of the opportunity Ironton not having qb1 gave them on one night then ran outta gas.
That is the weakest of all excuses!

Ironton was up 14-3 after Q1. Burg could do nothing on offense.

All Ironton had to do to win was simply not pass the ball! That’s it. Burg was done at that point, but Ironton coaches snagged defeat from the jaws of victory.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:58 am
wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:51 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:39 am

Football they have had in recent years kids from Ashland, Portsmouth, Ironton.
Yep I have acknowledged those players before. But you have named three players, one who actually transferred back, over a span of 5 years. Burg, Ironton and Jackson have all had their share of the occasional transfers. But we aren’t talking about the occasional, now are we. Ironton got four just this year. Like others have said, probably best not to engage me, I’m on the opposite end of it.

Oh I was just naming some kids who Wheelersburg has had transfer in. All 3 were starters on the football team.

I think I read where Jackson’s CB number is 7.

When you say "kids" are you referring to one kid in any given year spread out over the years or are you meaning 4-5 "kids" at one time in one season.

The Gregg kid from Ashland was living with his Mom in the South street apartments. Wilson from Ironton not sure what he was doing and can't remember who from Portsmouth that came up, Bendolph maybe!!! Like I've said time and time again IT WAS ONLY ONE KID AT A TIME THAT TRANSFERRED IN AND NO ONE FROM BURG HAS EVER DENIED THEY DIDN'T HAVE TRANSFERS!!!

UNF$%&KINGBELIEVABLE HOW MANY TIMES THIS GETS BEAT INTO THE GROUND ON HERE!!!!

I just love how some of the clowns on here rope me into this subject but I'm with woby, you all just don't f$%^ing get it with the transfers!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:24 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:53 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:25 am

Burg has had Portsmouth kids , Ironton kids , Minford kids , Oak Hill kids , in all sports.
In the past 10 years, Burg may have had 5 kids transfer in to play football; they’ve also had about that many transfer out.

How many transfer does Ironton have over that 10 year period? Ironton probably has more than that on their roster this year alone…
I don’t know how many ironton has had. I know burg has gad quite a few come and start. Lots of softball players.
4-5 at a time like Ironton has been doing in football for 4 years now??? I highly doubt it and just who are the girls Burg has had come play softball for them? Did they really make a difference??

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:12 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:58 am
wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:51 am

Yep I have acknowledged those players before. But you have named three players, one who actually transferred back, over a span of 5 years. Burg, Ironton and Jackson have all had their share of the occasional transfers. But we aren’t talking about the occasional, now are we. Ironton got four just this year. Like others have said, probably best not to engage me, I’m on the opposite end of it.

Oh I was just naming some kids who Wheelersburg has had transfer in. All 3 were starters on the football team.

I think I read where Jackson’s CB number is 7.

When you say "kids" are you referring to one kid in any given year spread out over the years or are you meaning 4-5 "kids" at one time in one season.

The Gregg kid from Ashland was living with his Mom in the South street apartments. Wilson from Ironton not sure what he was doing and can't remember who from Portsmouth that came up, Bendolph maybe!!! Like I've said time and time again IT WAS ONLY ONE KID AT A TIME THAT TRANSFERRED IN AND NO ONE FROM BURG HAS EVER DENIED THEY DIDN'T HAVE TRANSFERS!!!

UNF$%&KINGBELIEVABLE HOW MANY TIMES THIS GETS BEAT INTO THE GROUND ON HERE!!!!

I just love how some of the clowns on here rope me into this subject but I'm with woby, you all just don't f$%^ing get it with the transfers!!!
I remember seeing photos of the football team helping Gregg move into that home on South Street.

The Portsmouth kid is prolly Lowry who they're referring to. It's been over a decade since Bendolph graduated, and he only played in 3 games (football) for burg before going back to PHS after hoops season.

side note, the transfer rules have changed since that era (Bendolph) also.
Last edited by Sonny Weaver on Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:35 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:33 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:27 pm

Burg has gotten some transfers , Ironton has taken it to a new level.
Ironton has more recruits, er um transfers, on this years roster than Burg has had the last 5 years.

Exactly like I said , Burg has benefited from transfers. Ironton is going crazy with them

How has Burg benefitted from transfers?? How many state titles have they won or state title games have Burg played in because of 4-5 transfers coming in.

I'll help you on that one!!! ZERO!!!! Burg at most gets one kid that transferred in once in a blue moon and they have never been such a high impact player they have changed the season for Burg! Take Felder, Keyes and Perkins off of Ironton this year and they struggle to reach .500. Those are the only three that did anything against Burg this year.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:28 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:24 pm
LBD0263 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:17 pm I agree with I98 Burg has gotten transfers....Ironton has taken this to a new level not seen before...but if no rules are broken why do we continue to discuss this...Burg did the unthinkable last year with the major upset in the Tourney.....
Unless parents are lying, rules are being broken. Contact is being made with kids from other schools.

This is why Ashland and some OVC schools are so upset. Some SOC schools aren’t happy about it either, but Ironton doesn’t play them in the regular season.
Need proof

A friend of mine was talking to a Burg kids grandpa and he said his grandson was called by Pendleton on the Wednesday before the Friday Burg game so yes, contact is being made. Pretty prominent player for the burg and I don't think the kid has any reason to lie.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Here's the thing: I'm not a Wheelersburg fan. I'm from Russell, Kentucky -- actually. My main team is my alma mater -- the Russell Red Devils football program. I just love Southeastern Ohio football because I like the passion that the schools in the area traditionally have for the sport, and Wheelersburg, Chillicothe, Gallia Academy, Jackson, Ironton, West all have very good football teams. There are other teams out there with some great players that have the potential to also be in the above category, too.

You got me on you now because you continue to bash individual players when you can't spell the county you apparently live in, yet call out Southeastern Ohio people for being uneducated. I find that logic pretty rich myself. Looks like you are just full of contradictions.

Return to “Football”