CB #'s and Total Enrollment

KCol
Freshman Team

Re: CB #'s and Total Enrollment

Post by KCol »

Blue Tartan wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:52 pm You Ironton guys need to stop making jokes about this stuff. People are getting their feelings hurt up in here. You should be more empathetic and caring about that. Don’t be so proud of your team. Someone might get so hurt and angry that they report you for “trolling.” 😂
So you are cool with a guy bashing players from Coal Grove, Wheelersburg and other schools? That's my frustration there. I made it clear where I'm from.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:34 am
RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:09 pm
Even “lots of softball players” is an overreach . None of the players on this state team were high school transfers. In fact, the vast majority are from second and third generation Burg families. Names that have been common in Burg for decades: Eaton, Skiver, Heimbach, Mowery, Howard, Lang, etc.

As shocking as it might seem to some, Burg does not get a lot of sports transfers. And if you sum up the incoming and outgoing, it’s about a wash.

As for those living on the border of Burg, they send their kids to Burg for one reason: academics.
Students living 'on the edge' of Wheelersburg from the South Webster side definitely are NOT enrolling at Wheelersburg for academics. South Webster's academics are terrific and frequently have better state test scores than Wheelersburg across many, many grades.

And Wheelersburg has been on the winning end of South Webster transfers for decades now. Just like your best lineman this year, Blackburn --- a Webster kid.
Gee, I wonder why kids from Webster are coming to Burg to play football!!! I mean I juust can't put my finger on it!! I'm sure it will hit me here shortly!!

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

KCol wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:32 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:08 pm
KCol wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:43 pm

From the guy that can't spell the own county that he apparently lives in, that's pretty rich. Answer me this: why do you care so much about Southeastern Ohio? If you don't like the area, why are you obsessed with getting on this page? Seems to me like you do care about this area, or you wouldn't comment so much on it as well as the schools and athletes in it.
I'm trying to figure out why burg fans are on a football forum. This isn't softball or soccer. Stick to things you can score in. 😂
Here's the thing: I'm not a Wheelersburg fan. I'm from Russell, Kentucky -- actually. My main team is my alma mater -- the Russell Red Devils football program. I just love Southeastern Ohio football because I like the passion that the schools in the area traditionally have for the sport, and Wheelersburg, Chillicothe, Gallia Academy, Jackson, Ironton, West all have very good football teams. There are other teams out there with some great players that have the potential to also be in the above category, too.

You got me on you now because you continue to bash individual players when you can't spell the county you apparently live in, yet call out Southeastern Ohio people for being uneducated. I find that logic pretty rich myself. Looks like you are just full of contradictions.
You seem to been new here, and I appreciate the well thought out, sensible, educated post @KCol -- but @THEEE_GAME is a troll who probably lives in his moms basement. Don't pay him any attention.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:41 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:09 pm
Even “lots of softball players” is an overreach . None of the players on this state team were high school transfers. In fact, the vast majority are from second and third generation Burg families. Names that have been common in Burg for decades: Eaton, Skiver, Heimbach, Mowery, Howard, Lang, etc.

As shocking as it might seem to some, Burg does not get a lot of sports transfers. And if you sum up the incoming and outgoing, it’s about a wash.

As for those living on the border of Burg, they send their kids to Burg for one reason: academics.
Students living 'on the edge' of Wheelersburg from the South Webster side definitely are NOT enrolling at Wheelersburg for academics. South Webster's academics are terrific and frequently have better state test scores than Wheelersburg across many, many grades.

And Wheelersburg has been on the winning end of South Webster transfers for decades now. Just like your best lineman this year, Blackburn --- a Webster kid.
Gee, I wonder why kids from Webster are coming to Burg to play football!!! I mean I juust can't put my finger on it!! I'm sure it will hit me here shortly!!
Gee, I can't imagine. A kid leaving one school for a better opportunity at another. I forgot that's TOTALLY OK if you're going to Wheelersburg for that opportunity. But if you go to Ironton for a better opportunity --- RECRUITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:32 am

Gee, I can't imagine. A kid leaving one school for a better opportunity at another. I forgot that's TOTALLY OK if you're going to Wheelersburg for that opportunity. But if you go to Ironton for a better opportunity --- RECRUITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
🎤 drop

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:00 am

🎤 drop
Dude you look like an Idiot.... the only thing dropping is your IQ. Webster does NOT HAVE FOOTBALL.. IQ DROP BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Totally missed the point didn't you!!! Maybe it's because SOUTH WEBSTER DOESN'T HAVE FOOTBALL!!

SMDH!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

🎤 drop

Another moron on this site!!! You don't get it either do you!!

Let me explain it. Now follow me here!!! You go to South Webster but you want to play football. SW doesn't have football so you go to Wheelersburg to play! What a smashing idea!!!! Are you getting it yet!!

Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:13 am

🎤 drop

Let me explain it. Now follow me here!!! You go to South Webster but you want to play football. SW doesn't have football so you go to Wheelersburg to play! What a smashing idea!!!! Are you getting it yet!!
Oh I think we all get it. Burg can get transfers, move-ins, recruits or whatever and it's all good and justified but if Ironton gets them there's a problem. :lol:

Living the dream in Middleport Metro
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Blue Tartan wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:31 am

🎤 drop

Oh I think we all get it. Burg can get transfers, move-ins, recruits or whatever and it's all good and justified but if Ironton gets them there's a problem. :lol:
Exactly. Ironton benefits and has benefited plenty from transfers both now and in the past. As has Wheelersburg. But when they go to Wheelersburg, for some, it’s ok. “They live close” “It’s for academics” “It was a bad situation” and my favorite one of Yabbas “They aren’t an impact player,” as if football ability is on the open enrollment form, and anyone 8 out of 10 will be denied because they’re too good.

Always some reason why it’s ok for Wheelersburg but not other schools.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

🎤 drop

Bingo!!! That's it sporto!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Show me on this site anywhere where anyone from Burg has ever said they didn't get transfers but I guess I'll have to explain it again. It's only been 1 and at most 2 kids in any one year in any sport!!!!!

Ironton has been bringing in 4-6 kids a year since Pendleton has taken over and all of them are the key pieces to his team. Take them away and they are mediocre at best. You take away the 1 kid that has came to Burg and not a difference at all!! 1 kid will be not change an entire offense unless he is a 5 star QB and to my knowledge they have never gotten one of those to come to Burg.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:34 pm

Exactly. Ironton benefits and has benefited plenty from transfers both now and in the past. As has Wheelersburg. But when they go to Wheelersburg, for some, it’s ok. “They live close” “It’s for academics” “It was a bad situation” and my favorite one of Yabbas “They aren’t an impact player,” as if football ability is on the open enrollment form, and anyone 8 out of 10 will be denied because they’re too good.

You going to make me believe you take Felder, Perkins and Keyes off of your team and you guys are just as good!!!

Who you got sitting on the bench that can even come close to replacing those guys, especially on defense????

Whatever happened to the Carter kid that took last year off??? Did he get bumped out or is he even playing this year?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

🎤 drop

Obviously you don’t. Maybe we need to type slower so you can keep up. :)

South Webster doesn’t have a football team! Hence, Burg cannot be “recruiting” football players from South Webster’s team since the team simply doesn’t exist!

Now let’s look at Ironton: they “recruit” the best FOOTBALL players from schools that actually have FOOTBALL teams such as Valley, Ashland, Huntington, etc. Kids that came to Ironton having already played football for years. Already been developed…

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

🎤 drop

Yes Wheelersburg give a young man a chance to play football , a chance that Webster doesn’t offer .

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

I think you are struggling to wrap your brain around the fact that this is not how Burg operates. They don’t build a team or fill gaps by “recruiting” talent from other schools. Burg gets an occasional transfer, and they also occasionally lose a kid to transfer. Similar to most schools in the area. But it is not a process they use to be competitive.

Ironton actively contacts kids at other schools and uses these “recruits” to enhance their team. Ironton is dependent on these kids to be competitive. It’s Ironton’s MO.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:38 pm

Bingo!!! That's it sporto!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Show me on this site anywhere where anyone from Burg has ever said they didn't get transfers but I guess I'll have to explain it again. It's only been 1 and at most 2 kids in any one year in any sport!!!!!

Ironton has been bringing in 4-6 kids a year since Pendleton has taken over and all of them are the key pieces to his team. Take them away and they are mediocre at best. You take away the 1 kid that has came to Burg and not a difference at all!! 1 kid will be not change an entire offense unless he is a 5 star QB and to my knowledge they have never gotten one of those to come to Burg.
Again, Wheelersburg gets “few” decent kids = OK

Ironton gets “several” real good kids = bad

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think we can sum this up pretty quick:

Some believe Ironton's CB is different than Burg's. Some don't.

I do believe they are different because Ironton's players are coming in during high school and most if not all play or start.

As far as Tigerbob "Bad situation" comment, I believe he's reading my comment from the kid from south webster. That kid was in a bad situation and came in 6th grade and I promise you football wasn't even in his mind at the time. Let me just clear that up for you.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:50 pm

I think you are struggling to wrap your brain around the fact that this is not how Burg operates. They don’t build a team or fill gaps by “recruiting” talent from other schools. Burg gets an occasional transfer, and they also occasionally lose a kid to transfer. Similar to most schools in the area. But it is not a process they use to be competitive.

Ironton actively contacts kids at other schools and uses these “recruits” to enhance their team. Ironton is dependent on these kids to be competitive. It’s Ironton’s MO.
If this was really what is going on then after 5 years there would be substantial proof. I’m not buying what you and other HATERS are trying to sell. The reason Ironton bothers you and many others is because you are no longer the program in the area. No one talks about Wheelersburg or others like they do Ironton. Ironton has created a program that is in the spotlight every week and you and many others can’t handle it. You are constantly throwing out baseless claims with no factual evidence. Wheelersburg fan base is like a bunch of old women sitting at a salon stirring up rumors.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:58 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:50 pm

If this was really what is going on then after 5 years there would be substantial proof. I’m not buying what you and other HATERS are trying to sell. The reason Ironton bothers you and many others is because you are no longer the program in the area. No one talks about Wheelersburg or others like they do Ironton. Ironton has created a program that is in the spotlight every week and you and many others can’t handle it. You are constantly throwing out baseless claims with no factual evidence. Wheelersburg fan base is like a bunch of old women sitting at a salon stirring up rumors.
Burg is good enough to beat Ironton again this year. Spotlight or not. They pretty daggone good.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:57 pm I think we can sum this up pretty quick:

Some believe Ironton's CB is different than Burg's. Some don't.

I do believe they are different because Ironton's players are coming in during high school and most if not all play or start.

As far as Tigerbob "Bad situation" comment, I believe he's reading my comment from the kid from south webster. That kid was in a bad situation and came in 6th grade and I promise you football wasn't even in his mind at the time. Let me just clear that up for you.
Gregg and Wilson came in during senior year and started and put some locally developed Burg kid on the pine. You never once spoke out against that 🤔

Return to “Football”