JV Team

Re: WK8 Unioto - Paint Valley

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Will be shocked if it’s not high scoring

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

Bearcat defense has to tighten up and play better or we are in for a long night. I watched the Unioto/ZT game and believe that ZT got a bit lucky to win it. At least we got out of Huntington injury free and will have a punchers chance this Friday night.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Give me the bearcats, a tougher schedule and getting the U off of their first loss. If the trio of cooper, robertson and chambers run the ball well and free can catch a few big passes PV can win this

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Good news is the pressure is off and we no longer have to worry bout the title or playoffs. Bad news is we play paint valley and the best backfield in the league. Hopefully we can find a way to get a few stops so we are in it. Can’t give up 35 points and expect to win this game.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Unioto wins this by 2 touchdowns at least. Unioto’s offense is very good and Pv’s defense isn’t great.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Rolltanks wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:28 am Good news is the pressure is off and we no longer have to worry bout the title or playoffs. Bad news is we play paint valley and the best backfield in the league. Hopefully we can find a way to get a few stops so we are in it. Can’t give up 35 points and expect to win this game.
What are you talking about? Don't have to worry about the title? ZT still has to play at PV. Could end up a three way tie.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Bozo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:46 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:28 am Good news is the pressure is off and we no longer have to worry bout the title or playoffs. Bad news is we play paint valley and the best backfield in the league. Hopefully we can find a way to get a few stops so we are in it. Can’t give up 35 points and expect to win this game.
What are you talking about? Don't have to worry about the title? ZT still has to play at PV. Could end up a three way tie.
Also this game is important for the playoffs. With a win, Unioto is probably in the top 3. A loss would have them around 5-7

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I don’t see pv beating zt. As for playoffs, we are division 4 and can’t win the svc. I don’t see us have more than a first round win if we get a good draw. I’ll worry about playoffs when we can win an svc title

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Playoffs have nothing to do with winning the SVC.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Bozo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:37 pm Playoffs have nothing to do with winning the SVC.
If we can’t win the svc how can we beat teams that would destroy everyone in the league?

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Rolltanks wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:16 pm I don’t see pv beating zt. As for playoffs, we are division 4 and can’t win the svc. I don’t see us have more than a first round win if we get a good draw. I’ll worry about playoffs when we can win an svc title
Cmon man. You gotta have more faith in this team. Can quit on them because of one loss. They have a good team, just a tough result

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

I get what he is trying to say. He isn't saying he is giving up on Unioto, he is saying if they can't beat all of the teams that the SVC presents, how can you expect or have any expectations of making any kind of run in the DIV playoffs.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:22 pm I get what he is trying to say. He isn't saying he is giving up on Unioto, he is saying if they can't beat all of the teams that the SVC presents, how can you expect or have any expectations of making any kind of run in the DIV playoffs.
True. I guess realistically getting to week 13 is probably the ceiling for any SVC team

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

I agree. I think making any kind of run in football is by far ( and I mean by a considerable margin ) the hardest sport to do it in for the SVC. The regions and divisions of football that the SVC play in are typically next to impossible to run through.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:45 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:16 pm I don’t see pv beating zt. As for playoffs, we are division 4 and can’t win the svc. I don’t see us have more than a first round win if we get a good draw. I’ll worry about playoffs when we can win an svc title
Cmon man. You gotta have more faith in this team. Can quit on them because of one loss. They have a good team, just a tough result
Unioto most likely will finish 9-1. Projected #3 in region hosting 2 home games. I can see Unioto playing easily in week 13.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Just as a projection ( for fun ). If the playoffs started today, with Unioto as a #2 seed. They would host Waverly in round one and host Cincinnati Reading in week 2 ( projections ). Neither would be easy at all.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I realize that it was a big disappointment to lose against ZT this past Friday evening. I hope some of the Shermans players have not thrown in the towel just yet. Still have a chance to gain a share of the SVC title, as well as finish with a 9-1 record. Being that it's still possible to be able to host a playoff game or two, I can just imagine how many playoff teams would love to be in Unioto's shoes. I'm sure that the fans and followers of the Shermans will get behind these kids the rest of the season, as well as the playoffs.

DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

Why is Unioto not in a "bigger" league?

Return to “Football”