Caldwell 7 - 44 Fort Frye 2022

redskinwitness
Varsity

Re: Wk 8: Fort Frye (6-1) @ Caldwell (7-0)

Post by redskinwitness »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:01 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:35 pm
Buckeye2021 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:38 pm

I was not making a comparison at all , everyone knows how good fort and linsly are no need to tell everyone you could be there conference champ , I know your on yappi and you never hear Mac posters or kirtland posters do that when they could be conf champs from div7 thru 5
Too many ff fans on here hold a grudge against the tvc because they didn't vote us in. I for am glad they didn't because I think the Ohio is a joke. You're right, who cares about that stuff.
I am from across the river and could care less about the Ohio division either , I think that even though being independent has made it harder to get games close,it has been good that it has made fort play a much harder schedule and made them so much better than playing local teams that were over matched
This overmatched idea is only since 2015-2016 for most schools in the area. Fort was by no means a football power until they got the current coaching staff and even then it took a handful of years to get established. How many teams are in that league Caldwell is joining? Do they play them all? Has to be an available non conference week or two I’d imagine. They’d just have to match up those weeks if possible.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

redskinwitness wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:08 pm
Buckeye2021 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:01 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:35 pm
Too many ff fans on here hold a grudge against the tvc because they didn't vote us in. I for am glad they didn't because I think the Ohio is a joke. You're right, who cares about that stuff.
I am from across the river and could care less about the Ohio division either , I think that even though being independent has made it harder to get games close,it has been good that it has made fort play a much harder schedule and made them so much better than playing local teams that were over matched
This overmatched idea is only since 2015-2016 for most schools in the area. Fort was by no means a football power until they got the current coaching staff and even then it took a handful of years to get established. How many teams are in that league Caldwell is joining? Do they play them all? Has to be an available non conference week or two I’d imagine. They’d just have to match up those weeks if possible.
You're exactly correct about ff, and they never dropped any of the teams that it took them years to beat, ie Monroe central and Caldwell. Those 2 teams have no interest in playing us any further, which is fine by me. But don't come calling in a couple years if it's our turn to be down. Which I'm not saying we will be, but could very well happen

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think Caldwell basketball will keep playing us though.

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

Fort Frye 48 Caldwell 20

*MrFirstTake*
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

If Caldwell don’t find some kinda pass game the top offense in D7 might struggle.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Cal Preps has FF winning 48-21. But the game is played on the field. Both teams should make a decent playoff run.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fanatic wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:46 pm Cal Preps has FF winning 48-21. But the game is played on the field. Both teams should make a decent playoff run.

How is Caldwell pass game?

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I hate hearing that Caldwell won’t play Fort in the future. Will they play in other sports? Football has fewer games and from what I’ve been told is harder to schedule.

For those asking if Caldwell can pass, they operate primarily out of the spread and from the 4 games I’ve attended they throw more than they run. JR QB Cale Bender does a nice job, very good athlete. He throws to 4 big play athletes on the outside in Braxton Dudley, Alex Herlan, Tyce DeVol and Dylan Wheeler. They also have a reliable TE in Ethan Crock. I believe they threw for over 300 and 3 tds last night.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

redskinwitness wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:43 pm I hate hearing that Caldwell won’t play Fort in the future. Will they play in other sports? Football has fewer games and from what I’ve been told is harder to schedule.

For those asking if Caldwell can pass, they operate primarily out of the spread and from the 4 games I’ve attended they throw more than they run. JR QB Cale Bender does a nice job, very good athlete. He throws to 4 big play athletes on the outside in Braxton Dudley, Alex Herlan, Tyce DeVol and Dylan Wheeler. They also have a reliable TE in Ethan Crock. I believe they threw for over 300 and 3 tds last night.
It’s easy to throw when you play Buckeye Local

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I’d say it’s probably not easy to throw for better than 300 against anyone unless you’re just throwing screens. You ask if they can throw but don’t want to hear if they can. Buckeye is better than waterford, seen them both against Caldwell. Fort will be a nightmare on the line of scrimmage, if they pressure Bender it will be really tough sledding for Caldwell. Everyone acknowledges that Fort is the favorite. A little humility would probably go a long way in getting local teams to continue to play you. You have a great program, let their great success speak for itself.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

redskinwitness wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:49 pm I’d say it’s probably not easy to throw for better than 300 against anyone unless you’re just throwing screens. You ask if they can throw but don’t want to hear if they can. Buckeye is better than waterford, seen them both against Caldwell. Fort will be a nightmare on the line of scrimmage, if they pressure Bender it will be really tough sledding for Caldwell. Everyone acknowledges that Fort is the favorite. A little humility would probably go a long way in getting local teams to continue to play you. You have a great program, let their great success speak for itself.

You can’t judge a team on a foundation game teams are so vanilla. Waterford would beat Buckeye Local by 2 Tds.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:15 pm This will be the first team with a winning record Caldwell has played.
after seven weeks fort has beat one team with a winning record and that was waterford (4-3)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

blackshooky wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:22 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:15 pm This will be the first team with a winning record Caldwell has played.
after seven weeks fort has beat one team with a winning record and that was waterford (4-3)
Fort Frye leads the region in Harbin points which is based on schedule strength. Fort Frye has played bigger schools much more talent. Fort Frye was a fumble away from beating Linsly who just beat Steubenville. Records are deceiving.

Fort Frye was up

44-6 on Bellaire at half
Lead Zanesville 40-6
Warren 55-6 at half
Point Pleasant 37-0. ( Point lost to Gallia who is 7-0 22-21)

Caldwell has the 100th rated schedule in D7

Fort Frye has the 3rd rated schedule in D6 according to Drew Pastuer

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:15 am
blackshooky wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:22 pm
Fort Frye leads the region in Harbin points which is based on schedule strength. Fort Frye has played bigger schools much more talent. Fort Frye was a fumble away from beating Linsly who just beat Steubenville. Records are deceiving.

Fort Frye was up

44-6 on Bellaire at half
Lead Zanesville 40-6
Warren 55-6 at half

Awfully deceiving indeed. Maybe FF can get Burg or Ironton to play them.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:15 am [quote=blackshooky post_id=2023680 time=<a href="tel:1664680973">1664680973</a> user_id=1105]
[quote=EasternDspy post_id=2023232 time=<a href="tel:1664594114">1664594114</a> user_id=51]
This will be the first team with a winning record Caldwell has played.
[/quote]

Fort Frye was up

44-6 on Bellaire at half
Lead Zanesville 40-6
Warren 55-6 at half

[/quote]

fort has played way better competition than caldwell and will win by whatever they want and even though they “was up” they still have beaten only one team with a winning record (4-3)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Downtown Owen Brown

Just his rushing stats

79- 958 - 12 Tds 12.12 ypc

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

boss8 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:26 am
beg003 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:50 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:14 pm Caldwell been talking about this game for a year. Rb Marshall Sayre said on the news he can’t wait to play Fort Frye
I’ll give him maybe a series before he decides to retract that statement. Fort Frye by as many as they want.
100% agreed beg. Classic case of a team being overconfident after beating up on weak opponents. They will get a dose of reality this weekend.

But hey, at least they are still willing to play FF. All the other small schools have run away.
waterford plays them every year...since they started in the 70s...no running away...most years they beat us... some years we beat them...pretty much expected...but weve never ran away...its the reason waterford is close or at the top of the conference every year...yes Trimble had a good run...but waterford hasnt finished below second in 20 years...we are always competitive...it flows in the muddy muskingum...it is a football community on both sides of the river...makes both schools stronger...amazing are the records of both schools combined with players all living in a 15 mile radius...the force is strong with both schools

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

FF wins this one easily...Waterford has played them both...I was not impressed with Caldwell...Good team...just cant run with FF

raindelay
Riding the Bench

Post by raindelay »

No one is arguing that Forts schedule isn’t significantly harder than Caldwell’s, but Caldwell has done exactly what they needed to do against these teams. I’d like to know who everyone expects Caldwell to play. They’re a D7 school that hasn’t had a ton of success the past couple years. Most of the schedule are long time opponents or teams they’ve played in the past. I believe Buckeye Local is a member of the MOVL that they’ll be joining soon. Why wouldn’t they play them? I doubt when they scheduled these games they expected Trail or MC to be as down as they are.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After what you did too the Big Blacks this past Friday night, I'm even more convinced. I'll take the Cadets with the win over Caldwell.

Return to “Football”