Ironton 55 - 6 Coal Grove 2022

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Re: Coal Grove Ironton, cant stop a moving train

Post by Carmen Ohio »

pinhead wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:31 pm Coal grove coach only one man enough to stand up to cheatum . He was only saying what every other OVC coach has said or thought,they are taking up for their kids ,you can't compete with people that don't play by the rules to better them self.

No OVC team is going to beat Ironton so I say they all just take the forfeit when they play at the tank
Coal Grove should worry about trying to come in 4th in the OVC, not crying about Ironton.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Carmen Ohio wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:04 pm
pinhead wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:31 pm Coal grove coach only one man enough to stand up to cheatum . He was only saying what every other OVC coach has said or thought,they are taking up for their kids ,you can't compete with people that don't play by the rules to better them self.

No OVC team is going to beat Ironton so I say they all just take the forfeit when they play at the tank
Coal Grove should worry about trying to come in 4th in the OVC, not crying about Ironton.
Doesn’t look good to your kids when your already making excuses and thinking you can’t win 6 days before the game. It’s expanded playoffs a loss will not kill you. Learn from it and move on. Sooner or later someone in the ovc will beat them.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:57 pm

Doesn’t look good to your kids when your already making excuses and thinking you can’t win 6 days before the game. It’s expanded playoffs a loss will not kill you. Learn from it and move on. Sooner or later someone in the ovc will beat them.
Having his team ready and playing Ironton tough would give his team more confidence moving forward than any win on their schedule.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Carmen Ohio wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:20 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:57 pm

Having his team ready and playing Ironton tough would give his team more confidence moving forward than any win on their schedule.
Exactly right. See if you can move the ball, try different things.

timmyray5252
Waterboy

Post by timmyray5252 »

Does Hall also play linebacker, thought I seen some film of him ( thought It was him) looks like an overall great athlete, he will get some yards but the Tigers just need to keep him bottled up and not let him run wild, Good Luck Tigers

Beergogglebluez
SE

I watched hall when Portsmouth played. I was really impressed. He ran all over us and wasn’t slow at all. Pretty good linebacker as well. I thought he broke Stapletons stats when we ran for 355 against us in 19 or 20.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

GoBigI wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:56 am Ironton has defeated a team with 3 better backs in the same backfield (Johnson Central), 2 better backs in the same backfield (Wheelersburg), and 1 better back (Jackson), and all 3 had better lines and defenses. If Ironton takes it seriously this one will get ugly.

Ironton 63
Coal Grove 7
Totally agree 💯

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The only thing that I observed when watching the Tigers was early in the season when they played Jackson. I'm sure that they have probably corrected this by now, but in that game their defensive backfield seemed pretty susceptible to a QB that was pretty good at throwing downfield. Of course that's probably not going to happen until sometime in the playoffs, if even then. That was probably the second game of the season, so I'm sure that a lot has changed since then.

Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

BigSpoon wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:31 pm
Team ovc wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:12 pm
KCol wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:34 pm

I don't understand how bashing a kid that's run for over 1,000 yards this season and has been an absolute stud is going to help make you feel better, but okay then. Keyes and Felder are great backs and definitely D-1 guys. I have been especially impressed with Felder this season, he has everything you want in a running back and whoever gets him for the next four years is getting a major steal. While I don't agree with certain things that they do, the Ironton coaching staff has done a great job of getting them both into excellent shape. Pendleton definitely knows what he's doing with weight room workouts and offseason conditioning as a whole. I saw it at West in 2017 and we're all seeing it now. Hall is a great running back; it took all Portsmouth and Gallia Academy could do offensively to get victories in those games because of him and they are very solid football teams.

Also, Keyes is the actual spelling of his name. You also misspelled the county in which you resided in on a post of yours a month or two back while bashing the area that you imply you are too elite for yet can't get out of your mouth. I would suggest supporting Ironton and not bashing area guys, like you have with Hall, Holden and a few others. Like you, their dreams may involve moving out of the area and making said area that they move to better. Or it may involve staying here and honoring where they're from the best that they can. What's it to you? This life is a struggle bus enough without a negative person like yourself contributing to the fray.
You can’t listen to theee game he’s a troll who is always bashing local kids I have been to every Coal Grove game for the past 15 years and Hall is a great athlete I’m not sure on his exact stats this year but the stat leader has him at almost 1500 yards and 27 tds he probably had around 250 Friday against Gallia so I’d say he’s over 1700 in 7 games with 30 tds so I wouldn’t worry much about what he says but as for the game Friday I hope the hornets can get there passing game going a little more to try to open up the run a little and get Simpson involved a little more also he ran pretty good against Gallia but either way it’s going to be a tough game against a good Ironton team just hope for an injury free game for all the kids playing
I couldn’t imagine if Felder had 30+ carries a game. His stats would be ridiculous. Keys is a great back dont get me wrong, but hes not as shifty as Felder.
We’ll little fork since you have proved to everyone you can’t spell I’m sure you probably struggle at math also so I’ll try to help you out Hall is averaging 10.1 yards a carry so if he had 30 carries a game he would be at 2121 yards. Fielder is averaging 7.4 yards a carry so at 30 a game he would be at 1554 so instead of trying to compare the 2 and say how bad one is just admit they are both really good players that have bright futures

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

GoBigI wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:56 am Ironton has defeated a team with 3 better backs in the same backfield (Johnson Central), 2 better backs in the same backfield (Wheelersburg), and 1 better back (Jackson), and all 3 had better lines and defenses. If Ironton takes it seriously this one will get ugly.

Ironton 63
Coal Grove 7
JC's Best running back broke his leg in the game before Ironton.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
pinhead
Waterboy

Post by pinhead »

Native Blood wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:56 am

Ironton 63
Coal Grove 7

Don't tell everyone,they can't thump that chest as hard

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Good luck to Ironton this week

6O HORN3TS 🐝
footballfan123
Waterboy

Post by footballfan123 »

Ironton- 55
CG- 12

footballfan123
Waterboy

Post by footballfan123 »

Can’t beat a high school fanasty football team

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

footballfan123 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:18 am Can’t beat a high school fanasty football team
Take you a while to come up with that one?

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:08 am GA, Fairland, and Coal Grove were all fighting for second in the OVC because of the team the Grove will lose to this coming Friday. As many have said, Ironton is just too much. You could make an all star team of every other OVC school and they might keep it within 3 scores against Ironton.
i used to catch hell for that years ago :)

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

want some cheese with that whine? :mrgreen:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

My guess is Ironton will try to stifle hall, which means Coal Grove's young guys will have to step up to have any chance against them because, Ironton should score almost every possession.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

pinhead wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:43 pm
Native Blood wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:56 am

Ironton 63
Coal Grove 7

Don't tell everyone,they can't thump that chest as hard
Everyone already knew. I think the point he was making is they still had 3 backs better than Hall.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

while that would be hilarious, it'd be the antithesis of what High School sports do for athletes. Teaching them to roll over as opposed to preparing for and trying to take down Ironton is not what we want our young people learning.

Return to “Football”