Belpre football

jimmiehoffa
Waterboy

Re: Belpre football

Post by jimmiehoffa »

Tiger73 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:25 pm Correction…..including ruining kids lives
Since u live in town why don’t u run for the board sir?

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Good thought, thanks

RaidersRevenge2000
Waterboy

Belpre Football What's going on

Post by RaidersRevenge2000 »

Why is Belpre so bad this year??? what's going on? for someone out of the loop only scoring 3 points through 5 games is ABYSMAL :(

WOUBsports
Waterboy

Re: Belpre Football What's going on

Post by WOUBsports »

Second year head coach, 12-man roster, and almost all of them are in year one.

Gridiron Glory did a story on the Belpre season (and their week six game against South Gallia) in the most recent episode: https://youtu.be/wdD6LetDgrM?t=944

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Does this guy believe his own crap?! These poor kids. They deserve much better.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

WOUBsports wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:54 pm Second year head coach, 12-man roster, and almost all of them are in year one.

Gridiron Glory did a story on the Belpre season (and their week six game against South Gallia) in the most recent episode: https://youtu.be/wdD6LetDgrM?t=944
Sounds like he's "talking" to them a lot but he might want to start teaching them how to block and tackle. That would be a good start.

Michigan n Trumbull
Riding the Bench

Post by Michigan n Trumbull »

The "Journey" must only last 3 months from August to October when he actually shows up. I feel bad for the kids.

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

I keep reading a lot of whining and complaining but dont see much problem solving going on.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

Whats going on with his outfit? Dude rocking leggings.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

RaidersRevenge2000 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:38 pm Why is Belpre so bad this year??? what's going on? for someone out of the loop only scoring 3 points through 5 games is ABYSMAL :(
1) They hired someone who has never coached before to be their coach. This guy is a “compelling” speaker and “leadership consultant” and played at Ohio State, but has no idea how to coach a football team.

2) Despite his public image, he apparently speaks horribly to students and has run many players and good coaches off.

3) As a result, his “coaching staff” is made up of 2 people who know basically nothing, and one promising young teacher who played football at MC. Unfortunatley, the young kid is in his first year of coaching and is not being mentored at all.

4) Because the program and culture are terrible, very few boys want to be a part of it. They started the year with 16 players I believe, and now apparently are down to 12.

5) The coach spends most of his time in Columbus and has many other interests, and does not appear to be particularly focused on building a program.

6) Because the coaching staff is terrible, the few kids who do play don’t receive any real coaching when it comes to fundamentals. If you have watched them play even a few downs this year, you will see that they don’t know how to block, tackle, or really even line up. It is a disorganized mess.

All of this has led to Belpre essentially being the worst team in the state of Ohio. I feel terribly for the kids, as they play as hard as they can, but it has bordered on a safety issue for the entire season because they are being properly coached and they have so few players.

Total and complete failure on every level by the entire administration and leadership of Belpre to let it be like this.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Playing Southern tomorrow. Hoping for something positive for our boys because they play their hearts out.

At least last week we got on the scoreboard with a field goal.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
Last edited by BJCassady on Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

They need more threads on them.

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Boss 8 great set of opinions. Missing is the fact that a Board member brought in Bell as a showman to help win the levy vote. Bell is never there, kids suffer. Bell may be the only coach in Ohio running a scam like this.

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Not only are you confused about which nite the game is played, you are also a fool to encourage that coach!

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Tiger73 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:05 pm Not only are you confused about which nite the game is played, you are also a fool to encourage that coach!
Sorry I put the wrong day, I corrected it for you.

I support the boys regardless of who the coach may be. Obviously, you have missed that point on all of my posts concerning Belpre football.

For us to finish out the season, which I hope we do for the boys sake, we need them to stay healthy.

Personally, I think the administration made a bad decision in fielding a team of only 14 players but it wasn't my decision to make.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:09 pm They need more threads on them.
Maybe combine the threads with the ND threads. He11 combine the teams. Seems like you are a fan of both the coaches so if you put those two heads together you could really have something to be reckoned with. :o

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Gray Cat wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:41 am
Maybe combine the threads with the ND threads. He11 combine the teams. Seems like you are a fan of both the coaches so if you put those two heads together you could really have something to be reckoned with. :o
Let’s get the vacant Fed Hock job weaved into it, too. Gives a whole new meaning to “Fear the 3.” :mrgreen:

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:50 am
Gray Cat wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:41 am
Let’s get the vacant Fed Hock job weaved into it, too. Gives a whole new meaning to “Fear the 3.” :mrgreen:
Yes and if they could get that coach back that quit at FH right before the season I'm sure that would help. Might win the state with that guy leading them and if he decided to quit again to take another asst coaching job he could blame the basketball coach, but then the Ashley and Bell could take over and finish the season.

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Naive, not smart, passive, not a leader, confused… that is you!

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

I feel bad for Belpre. I hope they get it turned around. The coach seems like a really nice guy too despite all the nasty things you people are saying about him. Not bad looking either. I'd date him.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.

Return to “Football”