JV Team

Re: WK7 GAME OF THE WEEK (6-0) Unioto @ (6-0) Zane Trace

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Dang no faith in the Shermans apparently lol

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

I don’t think Unioto has faced a front like ZT but I also don’t think ZT has faced a balanced offense like Unioto. Should be interesting. Would be surprised if either team broke 30

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

We sometimes get the match we all want to see. Rivals: CHECK. Bad Blood: CHECK. History: CHECK. As a huge fan of Southeast Ohio football, Ross County is getting its Super Bowl. Here are my takes:

1. Ball control - I like the potential of Zane Trace being able to run the football, control the clock and dictate the pace of the game.
2. Turnovers - for whatever the reason, Unioto has shown the potential to give the football away on occasion. They cannot turn over possession in this game.
3. Styles - not that Unioto can't play physical or run the football, they can, they have shown it, but I think their identity is to spread the ball around and get their weapons involved. Where I am certain that Zane Trace is going to play a physical brand of football and try to impose their physical style on Unioto. I look for this to wear on Unioto more than maybe anyone else has been able to show.

Lastly, it is still a home game for Zane Trace. I know some will say it doesn't matter. That is fine, but there is a reason in these big games that you want it in your friendly confines. Too many reasons to try to tap into them all.

I love both teams. I do! But going with the Pioneers in a tight, grind it out, line of scrimmage type game. Give me Zane Trace 29 Unioto 20

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I wonder how many ppl really think that zt running game is better than waverly. I must be looking at something wrong I don’t see it. Also unioto has a great turnover ratio this year I think we have only fumbled once.

Zt yards est.
1700 rushing
Passing 600

Unioto
1600 rushing
900 passing

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Computer points bonanza, big win for either team, Uniotoi already At the 2 seed in the tough region 16, ZT already at 1 and solidify a nice seed with a win

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:27 pm Computer points bonanza, big win for either team, Uniotoi already At the 2 seed in the tough region 16, ZT already at 1 and solidify a nice seed with a win
I look for us to drop regardless other teams are going to win vs bigger division schools. I think even at 10-0 we would be looking at the 3. Zt with a win could lock up a top seed for sure. They also get a week off before they play paint valley

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:23 pm I wonder how many ppl really think that zt running game is better than waverly. I must be looking at something wrong I don’t see it. Also unioto has a great turnover ratio this year I think we have only fumbled once.

Zt yards est.
1700 rushing
Passing 600

Unioto
1600 rushing
900 passing
I think local fans believe that ZT runs the ball better than Waverly mostly because of the OL, I know Hurd is a good RB for Waverly but Barnhart is a tough runner for ZT and they have a few other good RBs also. I think this will be a very close game, 27-24 type of score. Slight edge to Unioto.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:29 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:27 pm Computer points bonanza, big win for either team, Uniotoi already At the 2 seed in the tough region 16, ZT already at 1 and solidify a nice seed with a win
I look for us to drop regardless other teams are going to win vs bigger division schools. I think even at 10-0 we would be looking at the 3. Zt with a win could lock up a top seed for sure. They also get a week off before they play paint valley
Those none conferences wins doing no good as well as the SVC being loaded with small teams, will be interesting to see how it shakes out

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:02 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:29 pm
Those none conferences wins doing no good as well as the SVC being loaded with small teams, will be interesting to see how it shakes out
Vinton county will win out but Amanda is killing us. Waverly plays a tuff schedule imo that’s our biggest win maybe all year

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:23 pm I wonder how many ppl really think that zt running game is better than waverly. I must be looking at something wrong I don’t see it. Also unioto has a great turnover ratio this year I think we have only fumbled once.

Zt yards est.
1700 rushing
Passing 600

Unioto
1600 rushing
900 passing
Waverly is 2-4….

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:55 pm

Zt yards est.
1700 rushing
Passing 600

Unioto
1600 rushing
900 passing
Waverly is 2-4….
Combined records of each team is 19-4, they haven’t lost to slouch teams by any means

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

I think Unioto needs to give Matt Griffin the ball a little more. He’s averaging 16 yards a carry and very rarely gets tackled 1 on 1. I like Unioto’s balance but I don’t get why he doesn’t get 15 touches a game. Also think Tuttle and Dray could get a couple more touches a game.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:54 pm I think Unioto needs to give Matt Griffin the ball a little more. He’s averaging 16 yards a carry and very rarely gets tackled 1 on 1. I like Unioto’s balance but I don’t get why he doesn’t get 15 touches a game. Also think Tuttle and Dray could get a couple more touches a game.
He also has 9 touchdowns in 37 touches this season

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:01 pm
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:54 pm I think Unioto needs to give Matt Griffin the ball a little more. He’s averaging 16 yards a carry and very rarely gets tackled 1 on 1. I like Unioto’s balance but I don’t get why he doesn’t get 15 touches a game. Also think Tuttle and Dray could get a couple more touches a game.
He also has 9 touchdowns in 37 touches this season
He also is the most important player on defense and can’t afford to lose him there. I look for him to get more touches in these next two games

DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

ZT 30, unioto 27

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

I don’t think ZT will be as dominant up front as people think they’ll be. They have the advantage but I think people are underestimating Unioto’s physicality a little bit

Piketucky
Waterboy

Post by Piketucky »

After watching Piketon play the 3 favorites in succession, I would have to give a slight advantage to Unioto. I think the passing game is the difference. ZT was the more physical team, but I don’t know that they have the overall team speed of Unioto. I would expect a close game either way. Both teams had solid kicking game, but may come down to a missed extra point as the difference. Good luck to both teams. The next few weeks should be exciting for SVC football.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Monster game! Both teams are very similar but also very different.

For Zt to win they will have to dominate the line and grind out drives. On defense Zt will have to pressure Hoops and the secondary will need to prevent the big play.

For Unioto it’s simple, stop the run on defense. On Offense protect your QB and limit turnovers.

Special Teams could play a big part as neither team has punted much and Zt has struggled with extra points this year.

With that being said I still believe Zt top to
Bottom is the more complete team. Zt’s Physicality will wear out Unioto’s defense and Zt’s secondary will contain Unioto’s air attack. Zt wins this one at home.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

Tanks for the win.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Great game of the week for the SVC.
Congrats to both teams coming in at 6-0.
Most people are taking ZT in a close one.
That means nobody would be shocked if the U got the W.
Can't wait. Good luck to both.

Return to “Football”