Wheelersburg 56 - 7 Oak Hill 2022

art_vandelay
SE

Re: WK7 Wheelersburg - Oak Hill

Post by art_vandelay »

New coach gotta get at least 3-4 years to build that program. But unless Oak Hill gets realistic and back to SOC I, I don't see too many conference wins for them even if Nick Saban took over.*

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Meanmuggin wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:08 pm Numbers all go back to coaching staff. kids don't like them, they won't play.
Hasn't OH has 2-3-4 coaches over the last year or 2? Just not sure I can buy into the fact that it's the coaching staff if that's the case especially when at the junior high level, they've had 15-16 kids the last couple years. Did OH lose some players to transfer before this season started? Heard a couple went to VC which didn't make any sense to me, but that came from a VC fan

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

They dressed 18, and had 2 injured in street clothes from the video I saw.

The low numbers throughout the area are concerning. Hopefully they bounce back.

Burg by 34

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:51 pm
Meanmuggin wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:08 pm Numbers all go back to coaching staff. kids don't like them, they won't play.
Hasn't OH has 2-3-4 coaches over the last year or 2? Just not sure I can buy into the fact that it's the coaching staff if that's the case especially when at the junior high level, they've had 15-16 kids the last couple years. Did OH lose some players to transfer before this season started? Heard a couple went to VC which didn't make any sense to me, but that came from a VC fan
I may be off a little on the details, but let's give it a go. Paul Carver has been the Head Coach the past 2 or 3 years. I think that he resigned as the Head Coach. It's my understanding that they hired somebody that had been coaching somewhere in Kentucky. I'm not sure how much time passed, but from what I heard it was discovered that some of the information on his resume may not have been accurate. I was told that he was given the opportunity to resign, which he did. The other finalist for the job was then offered the position and was then hired. Sorry I may be off a little on the details, but that roughly what happened.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:29 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:51 pm
I may be off a little on the details, but let's give it a go. Paul Carver has been the Head Coach the past 2 or 3 years. I think that he resigned as the Head Coach. It's my understanding that they hired somebody that had been coaching somewhere in Kentucky. I'm not sure how much time passed, but from what I heard it was discovered that some of the information on his resume may not have been accurate. I was told that he was given the opportunity to resign, which he did. The other finalist for the job was then offered the position and was then hired. Sorry I may be off a little on the details, but that roughly what happened.
Thanks, that does sound right so over the course of 1 year there was 3 different guys lined up, and 2 different guys just since spring? That's what I was thinking anyways and why I don't buy the blame the coach for the numbers bit. I don't buy the coaching line facts are the numbers started dropping, as did the coach, the moment OH went SOCII. The coach and players were perfectly happy just beating the breaks off of the small SOC1 schools don't believe me check out the scores, then they were moved up and everyone tapped out. Final year in SOC1 play outscored those schools 290-37, previous year 209-53 with 20 of that coming against a good Eastern Pike team.
Last edited by greygoose on Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Series Record: Burg leading Oak Hill 17-9-1

Oaks with a new HC this year, gotta give him some time to build the roster back up. Seems like a genuinely good dude, played for Lutz and Ironton and knows the game.

Burg should win this one going away. Hope to see them working on the passing game some more with the 1's.
Rucker and the JV better eat their Wheaties, lotta playing time coming their way in this one.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:42 am Series Record: Burg leading Oak Hill 17-9-1

Oaks with a new HC this year, gotta give him some time to build the roster back up. Seems like a genuinely good dude, played for Lutz and Ironton and knows the game.

Burg should win this one going away. Hope to see them working on the passing game some more with the 1's.
Rucker and the JV better eat their Wheaties, lotta playing time coming their way in this one.

When did Oak Hill get those 9 wins??? This game hasn't been competitive one time since this series started back up.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:52 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:42 am Series Record: Burg leading Oak Hill 17-9-1

When did Oak Hill get those 9 wins??? This game has been competitive one time since this series started back up.
lol you won't believe it BUT:

http://www.burgfootball.com/uploads/1/1 ... 0-2021.pdf

1936 (tie)

Burg been on a serious hot streak the last 70ish years :lol: :lol:

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:10 am Burgs band was great tonight. It will be close.
for what its worth, it is the best band I've seen at Burg in at least 2 decades? lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I am hoping Burg continues to open up the passing, I thought The Jones kid threw it well against minford, needs more reps. Hopefully no injuries for both teams!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:49 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:10 am Burgs band was great tonight. It will be close.
for what its worth, it is the best band I've seen at Burg in at least 2 decades? lol
I agree. The girl band director got them going and this guy seems to be making them better as well.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:21 pm New coach gotta get at least 3-4 years to build that program. But unless Oak Hill gets realistic and back to SOC I, I don't see too many conference wins for them even if Nick Saban took over.*
OH and Northwest are similar. They both belong in a conference somewhere between SOC I and SOC II. OH goes back and forth between D5 and D6 (D5 last year). NW is D5. Quit sending the schools that struggle in SOC2 back to SOCI --- most of those schools in SOC I are D7 with the exception of Eastern (relatively new program). I heard South Gallia was coming into SOC I next year (D7) and Northwest moving back up to SOC2. The lack of numbers for Oak Hill I believe is due to level of competition and not much success. I do not think it is coaching. Northwest numbers were low (attributed to size of the school district) previously in SOC II but grew when they went down to the SOC I. We will see if NW's numbers start to diminish once again when they go back up. Schools should, with the best efforts, play schools similar in size and where they can compete with good and average season. Try the best to keep conferences aligned with school sizes. Is that other division the SVC? or .... do we start a third SOC conference and try and bring some other schools in? SOC I , SOC II and SOC III.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

dirt_cinders wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:15 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:21 pm New coach gotta get at least 3-4 years to build that program. But unless Oak Hill gets realistic and back to SOC I, I don't see too many conference wins for them even if Nick Saban took over.*
OH and Northwest are similar. They both belong in a conference somewhere between SOC I and SOC II. OH goes back and forth between D5 and D6 (D5 last year). NW is D5. Quit sending the schools that struggle in SOC2 back to SOCI --- most of those schools in SOC I are D7 with the exception of Eastern (relatively new program). I heard South Gallia was coming into SOC I next year (D7) and Northwest moving back up to SOC2. The lack of numbers for Oak Hill I believe is due to level of competition and not much success. I do not think it is coaching. Northwest numbers were low (attributed to size of the school district) previously in SOC II but grew when they went down to the SOC I. We will see if NW's numbers start to diminish once again when they go back up. Schools should, with the best efforts, play schools similar in size and where they can compete with good and average season. Try the best to keep conferences aligned with school sizes. Is that other division the SVC? or .... do we start a third SOC conference and try and bring some other schools in? SOC I , SOC II and SOC III.
The last count Northwest and West was only 7 kids away from D6. Both will probably be D6 in the next count.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:11 pm I am hoping Burg continues to open up the passing, I thought The Jones kid threw it well against minford, needs more reps. Hopefully no injuries for both teams!

They for sure need to do that to keep his confidence up. They just need to throw the quick curl routes and throw to the TE down the middle. No one ever covers the TE and I'm shocked more teams don't throw to there TE.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

SOC question. I know it’s teams in our area and seen northwest will move next year. Does oak hill move down and will northwest see burg, west etc on schedules next year? I still think oak hill is better than green, notre dame and the little schools.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:40 pm SOC question. I know it’s teams in our area and seen northwest will move next year. Does oak hill move down and will northwest see burg, west etc on schedules next year? I still think oak hill is better than green, notre dame and the little schools.

I think Oak Hill is staying in SOCII and SOC I is adding South Gallia. Takes away from the non-conference schedule for some of the SOC II teams. Now will only have 4 non-conference games

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:55 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:40 pm SOC question. I know it’s teams in our area and seen northwest will move next year. Does oak hill move down and will northwest see burg, west etc on schedules next year? I still think oak hill is better than green, notre dame and the little schools.

I think Oak Hill is staying in SOCII and SOC I is adding South Gallia. Takes away from the non-conference schedule for some of the SOC II teams. Now will only have 4 non-conference games
right. terrible news for Burg, too many cream puffs on the schedule.

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:59 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:55 pm

right. terrible news for Burg, too many cream puffs on the schedule.
So no more Burg vs Jackson? That would be a shame unless they can play earlier week 3 or 4

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

On the arbiter site, both Northwest and Oak Hill are on Burg’s schedule for next season…hopefully we would drop Russell and keep playing Jackson…

Meanmuggin
Waterboy

Post by Meanmuggin »

Say what you want, but oak hill had 50-60 kids going to lifting before last coach change.

Return to “Football”