Warren 20 - 13 Vinton County 2022

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: WK7 Warren - Vinton County

Post by Dundas »

beg003 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:18 pm
boss8 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:37 am
mattash wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:14 pm You sure its going to be a blowout? Warrens not that bad
“Not that bad”…have you watched them play? This one could get ugly.
Have you looked at any factors outside of final scores against teams that have a combined 3 losses? We’re 7 points away from being 3-3, and the conversation is totally different. You’re basing your evaluation of a young team on losses to one of the best teams in SEO and two of the better teams in their classes in WV. They played a better than we thought Morgan team (not to mention older) to the end and lost close to a not great, but senior dominated Logan team. Not trying to justify moral victories, but we’ve been competitive with teams on our level. Nothing against VC, but they haven’t played a fraction of that schedule.
No doubt Warren has played a tougher schedule. VC has a close week one loss to a very good Unioto team and let one slip away to Rock Hill who is average or maybe a bit above average in seo. Meigs, Trimble, And Athens aren’t the best and Alexander has a good record but hasn’t beaten any solid teams. Last year VC came into this game with 4 wins and Warren with 2. Both teams with similar records this season and I expect another good game. Williams put Warren on his back last year In the 4th quarter and nearly single-handedly beat VC. I would expect VC to focus more on him this year. The Vikings have made some adjustments on offense and seem to be better than where they were in the first two weeks of the year. The Vikings were all run the first two weeks. Since then they have averaged around 60 yards through the air which, imo, is just enough to make a defense pay attention to the pass. I expect this game to be a barn burner. This will be the first time in 37 years that Warren has hosted the Vikings (1985) and it may be the last time in 37 years. VC will be out for revenge but the Warriors will be expecting a repeat of last year. I’m looking forward to the trip Friday night.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Dundas wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:08 pm

Have you looked at any factors outside of final scores against teams that have a combined 3 losses? We’re 7 points away from being 3-3, and the conversation is totally different. You’re basing your evaluation of a young team on losses to one of the best teams in SEO and two of the better teams in their classes in WV. They played a better than we thought Morgan team (not to mention older) to the end and lost close to a not great, but senior dominated Logan team. Not trying to justify moral victories, but we’ve been competitive with teams on our level. Nothing against VC, but they haven’t played a fraction of that schedule.
No doubt Warren has played a tougher schedule. VC has a close week one loss to a very good Unioto team and let one slip away to Rock Hill who is average or maybe a bit above average in seo. Meigs, Trimble, And Athens aren’t the best and Alexander has a good record but hasn’t beaten any solid teams. Last year VC came into this game with 4 wins and Warren with 2. Both teams with similar records this season and I expect another good game. Williams put Warren on his back last year In the 4th quarter and nearly single-handedly beat VC. I would expect VC to focus more on him this year. The Vikings have made some adjustments on offense and seem to be better than where they were in the first two weeks of the year. The Vikings were all run the first two weeks. Since then they have averaged around 60 yards through the air which, imo, is just enough to make a defense pay attention to the pass. I expect this game to be a barn burner. This will be the first time in 37 years that Warren has hosted the Vikings (1985) and it may be the last time in 37 years. VC will be out for revenge but the Warriors will be expecting a repeat of last year. I’m looking forward to the trip Friday night.
Good breakdown. VC seems to have hit their stride at the right time. Good luck to both teams.

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

Heck vc has played such a weak schedule they should run and hide from a team like warren who obviously is way better vc should just leave the buses in the garage this one is already over

No one in vc camp is taking this game lightly I promise you that
Records don’t mean anything in this game yes vc schedule was a little down this year league is week can’t help that but they are winning the games that are in front of them

This game will be close in my eyes good luck and health to both teams

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

I didn’t mean that comment as a knock on VC in any way. They’ve won more games than us, so they should be considered the favorite. I look for it to be a competitive, hard fought game. I hope you enjoy the new facility on Friday.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Albundy33 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:48 pm Heck vc has played such a weak schedule they should run and hide from a team like warren who obviously is way better vc should just leave the buses in the garage this one is already over
Not one person acted like this was the case. The discussion started with someone calling Warren terrible team. The counterpoint is that they are absolutely not a regional/state powerhouse as demonstrated by losing big to the 3 powerhouses they’ve played, but they basically need one play in each of the other two losses. At 3-3, most people would’ve seen this as a good matchup, but because Warren is 1-5, it looks like it shouldn’t be close. It’s not insulting to say Warren has a much better chance to compete against VC than they have against Williamstown, FF, & Point Pleasant.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

beg003 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:30 pm
I didn’t mean that comment as a knock on VC in any way. They’ve won more games than us, so they should be considered the favorite. I look for it to be a competitive, hard fought game. I hope you enjoy the new facility on Friday.
I didn’t take it as a knock. Warren has played a brutal schedule this season so far. This will be my first trip to WHS. I’m looking forward to it. The stadium looks great in pictures and film that I’ve seen.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

mattash wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:14 pm You sure its going to be a blowout? Warrens not that bad
Look, I want all the teams in Washington County to be successful - including Warren. Would love to see HSFB in this county be better (outside of Fort Frye, who is already awesome). But I'm also a realist. Warren is not good this year. That's ok to say (and very likely true). It also doesn't mean that they don't have some redeeming qualities. They're not hopeless, like a Belpre for example. Maybe they will be much improved next year and into the future, but we don't know that for sure. But right now, they're not a good team, and I don't think they will come close to beating VC. That is my honest, objective opinion. You have to admit it is much easier to see things in a positive light as a Warren fan who probably has/had family on the team or coaching staff (or is on the coaching staff yourself).

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Warren by 14.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:34 pm

Look, I want all the teams in Washington County to be successful - including Warren. Would love to see HSFB in this county be better (outside of Fort Frye, who is already awesome). But I'm also a realist. Warren is not good this year. That's ok to say (and very likely true). It also doesn't mean that they don't have some redeeming qualities. They're not hopeless, like a Belpre for example. Maybe they will be much improved next year and into the future, but we don't know that for sure. But right now, they're not a good team, and I don't think they will come close to beating VC. That is my honest, objective opinion. You have to admit it is much easier to see things in a positive light as a Warren fan who probably has/had family on the team or coaching staff (or is on the coaching staff yourself).
Look, I’m not trying to say they’re a good team right now. It’s like rewinding the clock to 2018 if you know that situation. We have a good head coach and talented freshmen and sophomores, along with good JH numbers. You have a right to your opinion and I would never say otherwise. I’m also not on the coaching staff. But realism works both ways. People were down on us in 2018 as well, going 2-8. Went 6-4 the next year and then playing the number one team in the state well in the playoffs the year after. I’m not saying that will happen but you’ve got to give kids the chance to grow up and mature before throwing out “they’re terrible.” When we’ve played age on age in some of these lopsided games, it’s been more than competitive. If the same things happening this year happen next year, then you have a better argument.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

beg003 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:57 pm
boss8 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:34 pm
Look, I’m not trying to say they’re a good team right now. It’s like rewinding the clock to 2018 if you know that situation. We have a good head coach and talented freshmen and sophomores, along with good JH numbers. You have a right to your opinion and I would never say otherwise. I’m also not on the coaching staff. But realism works both ways. People were down on us in 2018 as well, going 2-8. Went 6-4 the next year and then played the number one team in the state well in the playoffs the year after. I’m not saying that will happen but you’ve got to give kids the chance to grow up and mature before throwing out “they’re terrible.” When we’ve played age on age in some of these lopsided games, it’s been more than competitive. If the same things happening this year happen next year, then you have a better argument.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wouldn't say Logan is a senior dominated team with only 13 seniors on a 40 plus team, but I get your point.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Mulga Roadrunner
Waterboy

Post by Mulga Roadrunner »

I heard the Vikings got busted with two sets of chains that were about a foot apart last week. I guess Warren is lucky they’re at home this week and the Vikings can’t bring their chains with them.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Excited to take in this game Friday night. Hopefully all these young guys put together a complete game and start building for what is to come in the future.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Should be a good game-- Vc 21 to 14. Score late in 4th qtr to WIN

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:55 am Should be a good game-- Vc 21 to 14. Score late in 4th qtr to WIN
If Vinton County only scores 21 and it takes to the 4th quarter, they’re losing. Teams are averaging 21 points a quarter vs Warren this year. Just sayin’

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:01 am
vcgrad wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:55 am Should be a good game-- Vc 21 to 14. Score late in 4th qtr to WIN
If Vinton County only scores 21 and it takes to the 4th quarter, they’re losing. Teams are averaging 21 points a quarter vs Warren this year. Just sayin’
I looked and didnt see anyone score 84 on Warren.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye was up 50-6 at half.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

justpassinthru wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:29 am
I looked and didnt see anyone score 84 on Warren.
You won't see any good team they've played have varsity players in past 1st half. Ff could've scored 100 on Warren

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:24 pm

Actually it was 55-6

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:33 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:24 pm

Actually it was 55-6
Exactly. They’ve only given up 105 in the last 2 games. 21 a quarter was a stretch I guess.. haha

Return to “Football”