Saturday Night Football Undefeated Green Bobcats @ Notre Dame ..... Spartan Stadium

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Re: WK7 Notre Dame - Green

Post by sportsfan2244 »

If the Titans can’t tackle and if their secondary is scared to tackle then I’ll take Green. I think ND is too much on offense for Green. I’ll take ND by 2

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Will the Titans play the roll of the spoiler and ruin the Bobcats undefeated season, very possible that they do that. Let's hope that it's a very good ballgame, which it very well should be. Very much hope that both teams have an injury free ballgame.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I'll take ND to pull off the mild upset

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:38 pm
BillyBob21 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:21 pm
RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:08 am

Really? What is their record?
Green would have the same record if they played NDs record!! You played FC at home Green was up 27-0 at half finished the game 40-0 win. Took Green til 4 minutes left in the game to get to 40. Left their first string in until less than two minutes left. ND faced FC at home 42-0 at the half. 55-0 with 9 minutes left in the 3 rd with a running clock. JVs played from that point on.
The fact that this is being seriously argued tells everyone what they need to know about ND and their delusional dads.
Nothing delusional about my post! All facts!!! All truth!! Nothing over exaggerated!!! So just because your upset that FC got waxed two weeks in a row by Green and then worse by ND, don’t give you the right to call someone delusional bud! So go back to this years boring FC forum!
Schedules to this point will play a major factor in this one! Greens running back is not bad at all but ND had faced better!
ND has a darn good running back that Green has not faced anyone like yet! Then next week they will face one that’s even better! SV offense is horrible, not hard to stop at all. They were moving the ball in the air on Green a couple series and then went away from it. Green has struggled holding on to the ball all year and it will be the same this week because like I said in previous post. SOC play will be tougher competition for them and previous schedules will show in this game.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BillyBob21 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:24 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:38 pm
BillyBob21 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:21 pm

Green would have the same record if they played NDs record!! You played FC at home Green was up 27-0 at half finished the game 40-0 win. Took Green til 4 minutes left in the game to get to 40. Left their first string in until less than two minutes left. ND faced FC at home 42-0 at the half. 55-0 with 9 minutes left in the 3 rd with a running clock. JVs played from that point on.
The fact that this is being seriously argued tells everyone what they need to know about ND and their delusional dads.
Nothing delusional about my post! All facts!!! All truth!! Nothing over exaggerated!!! So just because your upset that FC got waxed two weeks in a row by Green and then worse by ND, don’t give you the right to call someone delusional bud! So go back to this years boring FC forum!
Schedules to this point will play a major factor in this one! Greens running back is not bad at all but ND had faced better!
ND has a darn good running back that Green has not faced anyone like yet! Then next week they will face one that’s even better! SV offense is horrible, not hard to stop at all. They were moving the ball in the air on Green a couple series and then went away from it. Green has struggled holding on to the ball all year and it will be the same this week because like I said in previous post. SOC play will be tougher competition for them and previous schedules will show in this game.
I’m not upset at all — it’s just a meaningless point of reference. “We scored more points on a bad team” …congrats on being the taller midget?

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Green is already saying they can beat Northwest cause all they do is run up the middle!!! My take on this that I have heard is: 1) they are already looking ahead of ND. 2) They don’t know
Much about Northwest because they run up the middle, outside and can throw the ball some. 3) They feel like only the pass can beat them but they haven’t seen backs yet like they are about to see the next few weeks.
But hey keep on worrying about that Northwest game next week.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Watched Green twice so far. Their back is a very good runner. They turned the ball over alot. And the competition was just really really bad overall. It's cool to get some wins and confidence but here is where we start seeing if it's for real. They very well might prove me wrong, but I think ND is just a little better.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

I really hope that is not true about Green overlooking ND. I think ND beats Green just bc ND is the better team. Green has not really beat anybody worth a dang. Do I think it will be a close game... Yes if ND's defense does not show up. If NDs defense does show up and they don't turn the ball over then Titans by 21.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

How about we celebrate the fact that a very small local school wedged in between two perennial state playoff schools is undefeated and State Ranked? They’re well coached and deserve some success. Green (including this year) has had 3 winning seasons since 1991. I want them to do well. I want them to win a playoff game. I can’t imagine a school constantly losing their most talented kids either Wheelersburg or Ironton and still fielding a team every year.

Green is 9-32 all time vs Notre Dame.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

I'm happy for the Bobcats because at one point ND was losing kids and those kids were successful at other schools. This is more of a prove it game for Green. If you think about it ND has not beat anybody either but I still think ND is the better team.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

What green has done has been amazing. Not just the football record but the crowds at games have grown. The little town has shown support. And someone said it earlier a school in the middle of burg and ironton somehow has a 6-0 record. Because those kids can turn left or right and be on one of those teams. You play who is on your schedule, can’t help those school’s are bad. But green has to crawl before they walk so they are doing what they are suppose to do. So what they lose this week or vs northwest. Still 8-2. Northwest mows these schools over but next year have to face the beast in wheelersburg, west etc.
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Jimbobscousin
Waterboy

Post by Jimbobscousin »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:03 am I'm happy for the Bobcats because at one point ND was losing kids and those kids were successful at other schools. This is more of a prove it game for Green. If you think about it ND has not beat anybody either but I still think ND is the better team.

Neither team has beat anybody that is good. The Teams that ND have beat are a combined 1-11 Teams that Green have beat are 8-28. Not exactly great.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Jimbobscousin wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:40 pm
sportsfan2244 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:03 am I'm happy for the Bobcats because at one point ND was losing kids and those kids were successful at other schools. This is more of a prove it game for Green. If you think about it ND has not beat anybody either but I still think ND is the better team.

Neither team has beat anybody that is good. The Teams that ND have beat are a combined 1-11 Teams that Green have beat are 8-28. Not exactly great.
I agree with you but the the teams that have beat ND is D6 BU 5-1, DVII Reedsville 4-2, DV Northwest 4-2 and DIV CHCA 2-4.. all better than the teams Green has beat that all of them are below 500. ND has had a problem with finishing 4th quarters. With the exception of Northwest they are a play or two of being 5-1. And nothing I have seen from Green compares them to the four teams that beat them. So you are right their wins are not great but they are definitely better than their record shows. So anyone of the remaining teams they face better expect a battle.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:42 am How about we celebrate the fact that a very small local school wedged in between two perennial state playoff schools is undefeated and State Ranked? They’re well coached and deserve some success. Green (including this year) has had 3 winning seasons since 1991. I want them to do well. I want them to win a playoff game. I can’t imagine a school constantly losing their most talented kids either Wheelersburg or Ironton and still fielding a team every year.

Woah woah … time-out . Green is state ranked!?

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

Green seems to have momentum. I am going with Greenin a close one.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well, this one should be a very telling game into where Green truly stands. The schedule hasn't prepared them for a game like this so we're going to really find out what they've got. Going to take ND in this one but rooting for Green.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:02 pm
Jason Vorhees wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:42 am How about we celebrate the fact that a very small local school wedged in between two perennial state playoff schools is undefeated and State Ranked? They’re well coached and deserve some success. Green (including this year) has had 3 winning seasons since 1991. I want them to do well. I want them to win a playoff game. I can’t imagine a school constantly losing their most talented kids either Wheelersburg or Ironton and still fielding a team every year.

Woah woah … time-out . Green is state ranked!?
Green is currently ranked 12th in DVII AP Poll.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

There are 50 teams in D7 better than Green, not to discredit what they've done, I think it's a great thing.. but these polls are head scratchers.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

2quick2catch wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:44 am There are 50 teams in D7 better than Green, not to discredit what they've done, I think it's a great thing.. but these polls are head scratchers.
The AP voters will rank solely based off record because they have no knowledge of anything else. If a team is undefeated at this point in the season, such as Green, they will receive points for the AP poll. It doesn't matter if they've played stiff competition or 6 games against St. Mary's School of the Blind.... AP voters vote solely on record and know nothing else.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Jimbobscousin
Waterboy

Post by Jimbobscousin »

BillyBob21 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:19 pm
Jimbobscousin wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:40 pm

I agree with you but the the teams that have beat ND is D6 BU 5-1, DVII Reedsville 4-2, DV Northwest 4-2 and DIV CHCA 2-4.. all better than the teams Green has beat that all of them are below 500. ND has had a problem with finishing 4th quarters. With the exception of Northwest they are a play or two of being 5-1. And nothing I have seen from Green compares them to the four teams that beat them. So you are right their wins are not great but they are definitely better than their record shows. So anyone of the remaining teams they face better expect a battle.

The Berne Union loss is bad loss, Berne Union is not very good even though their record is 5-1. ND needs to put it together against green.

Return to “Football”