Minford 16 - 29 Portsmouth West 2022

Treeh0rn
Waterboy

Re: WK7 Minford - Portsmouth West

Post by Treeh0rn »

Valley91 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:54 am IMO Minford is a one man show. You take Pica away who do they have, nobody. If you look at Minford’s schedule they haven’t beaten a team with a winning record. So I’m going with west on this one big.
Because West has beat, uh, wait a minute.....the irony has no bounds on here.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Oh, but that might just be where you`re wrong.

Treeh0rn
Waterboy

Post by Treeh0rn »

Minford beats Wellston - Those #$%%$ need to up their schedule. West beats Wellston - This is our year. Watch out Burg!

Treeh0rn
Waterboy

Post by Treeh0rn »

packers80 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:09 pm

I was saying this is the part of the season muletown starts to struggle. Because they usually do after their non conference is over.
So Minford beating West the last 3 years is Minford struggling in conference play.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

:lol: :lol:

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

Valley91 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:54 am IMO Minford is a one man show. You take Pica away who do they have, nobody. If you look at Minford’s schedule they haven’t beaten a team with a winning record. So I’m going with west on this one big.
Valley lost to Northwest... so stop it.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

I’ve been a little critical about West this year and I’m glad to say I’ve been wrong. I really thought they should have beaten Fairland and when you lose games like that expectations are kind of lowered. SO, I apologize to anyone I’ve offended even if I only said what I honestly thought. That being said. West obviously winds easily this week and should only have the one loss when the play Burg. I’m not going as far to say they will beat Burg this year but if they continue to improve, like they have, it will make for an interesting game! Also, I didn’t say they would lose either!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
SOCFalconFan
Waterboy

Post by SOCFalconFan »

I don’t see Minford stopping West’s offense. The only question I have is whether Minford can score. My guess is they can score some but West will pull away. 35-20 West.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Treeh0rn wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:42 pm
packers80 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:09 pm

I was saying this is the part of the season muletown starts to struggle. Because they usually do after their non conference is over.
So Minford beating West the last 3 years is Minford struggling in conference play.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burg grad 85
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^ That's a fair point TreeH0rn

Minford usually gets beat by burg and then they lay the wood to West, then the Falcons get the Westside hangover, and get walloped by Waverly (Waverly takes out frustrations after losing to burg in week 8.) Oak Hill and Valley are always tossups and the underdog usually wins.

As far as this game, I think West will be too physical and will win 28-17. Minford will most likely go 6-4 maybe 7-3, but will compete for the SOCII in 2023. They're young and the star player is still a Jr.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:33 pm ^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^ That's a fair point TreeH0rn

Minford usually gets beat by burg and then they lay the wood to West, then the Falcons get the Westside hangover, and get walloped by Waverly (Waverly takes out frustrations after losing to burg in week 8.) Oak Hill and Valley are always tossups and the underdog usually wins.

As far as this game, I think West will be too physical and will win 28-17. Minford will most likely go 6-4 maybe 7-3, but will compete for the SOCII in 2023. They're young and the star player is still a Jr.
I can only think of 2 times Minford has ever laid the wood to West

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I was really surprised at how this game played out last year. Interesting to see if this year is different.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:50 pm
vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:33 pm ^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^ That's a fair point TreeH0rn

Did you watch the game last year? That was sure one of them. Minford won b/c they out hit west. Also many of the games during Daniels tenure.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Can't really get a feel for the game because of the flags. Everytime we get yardage, it comes back. I wont say they all werent deserved, but some are head scratching. I can tell you I was wrong about West coming out with a fire. They look as bland and unmotivated as I have seen them. Minford is the opposite. And they have a great kicker, 37 yarder right before half.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:18 pm

Did you watch the game last year? That was sure one of them. Minford won b/c they out hit west. Also many of the games during Daniels tenure.
Yes the game last year and I'm thinking like 2007. Not a whole lot of wins to pick from

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Score?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

smurray wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:27 pmScore?
13-9, West. Minford hit a 37 yard field goal before half

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:23 pm

Yes the game last year and I'm thinking like 2007. Not a whole lot of wins to pick from
2007, 2008 at West, 2010 at West, and the past 3-yrs Minford won b/c they were the more physical team. I have to go back and look closer since 2000, but there are more than you think.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:32 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:23 pm
2007, 2008 at West, 2010 at West, and the past 3-yrs Minford won b/c they were the more physical team. I have to go back and look closer since 2000, but there are more than you think.
2007 is right. Possibly 10. 08 we went undefeated. Last year they were beat because they were soft, can't agree on any other ones. They are 8-14 since 2000. I guess tonight is to be determined, I think pretty even on the physicality thus far

14U
S

Post by 14U »

21-9 ?

Return to “Football”