Please log in to read the Football Message Board, if you have problems logging in email seopstaff@yahoo.com

Ironton improving every week.

RBH23
JV Team
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:28 pm Salyers wasn’t a recruit, we traded Wilson to Wheelersburg for him. Or was that a transfer? Certainly wasn’t a move in!
So let me get this straight:

Salyers doesn’t count because of the Wilson move. I assume the other boy from Burg (Masters) doesn’t count either because he was kicked off the Burg team.

None of the Raceland kids count due to injuries, before Pendleton, etc.

Keyes and his stepbrother do not count because the school hired his dad, uncle, etc.

Perkins doesn’t count because, well, he came from Valley.

The kids from Ashland and the kid from Huntington don’t count because they are from out of state.


After adding all of this up: Pendleton has not benefitted from any recruits/transfers because none of these kids can be truly considered recruits/transfers. LOL!!


RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:54 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:30 am yah like most HS teams they are improving week to week, why does this need a thread?
Because the better they get the more dominant they because. Plus, sadly, most aren’t improving each week.


"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
TigerBob
JV Team
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:35 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by TigerBob »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:44 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:28 pm Salyers wasn’t a recruit, we traded Wilson to Wheelersburg for him. Or was that a transfer? Certainly wasn’t a move in!
So let me get this straight:

Salyers doesn’t count because of the Wilson move. I assume the other boy from Burg (Masters) doesn’t count either because he was kicked off the Burg team.

None of the Raceland kids count due to injuries, before Pendleton, etc.

Keyes and his stepbrother do not count because the school hired his dad, uncle, etc.

Perkins doesn’t count because, well, he came from Valley.

The kids from Ashland and the kid from Huntington don’t count because they are from out of state.


After adding all of this up: Pendleton has not benefitted from any recruits/transfers because none of these kids can be truly considered recruits/transfers. LOL!!
I don’t believe I said any of this. Wheelersburg has great schools, I’m not sure why most of the Wheelersburg people on here are the lower ones in reading comprehension.


yabbadabbadoo
SEOP
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:50 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:41 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:44 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:28 pm Salyers wasn’t a recruit, we traded Wilson to Wheelersburg for him. Or was that a transfer? Certainly wasn’t a move in!
So let me get this straight:

Salyers doesn’t count because of the Wilson move. I assume the other boy from Burg (Masters) doesn’t count either because he was kicked off the Burg team.

None of the Raceland kids count due to injuries, before Pendleton, etc.

Keyes and his stepbrother do not count because the school hired his dad, uncle, etc.

Perkins doesn’t count because, well, he came from Valley.

The kids from Ashland and the kid from Huntington don’t count because they are from out of state.


After adding all of this up: Pendleton has not benefitted from any recruits/transfers because none of these kids can be truly considered recruits/transfers. LOL!!
I don’t believe I said any of this. Wheelersburg has great schools, I’m not sure why most of the Wheelersburg people on here are the lower ones in reading comprehension.


……..and we Burg people can’t understand why you Ironton fans can’t admit that without the recruits coming in you guys don’t win squat.

I’m sure you or some other clown will call me out about all f the Burg transfers over the years. Like I’ve said, yes Burg has had maybe one kid come in but never 5-6 playmakers that yes, make a huge difference, especially on the offensive side of the ball.


TigerBob
JV Team
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:35 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by TigerBob »

Wheelersburg logic:

Kid comes to Ironton = Recruit
Kid comes to Wheelersburg = Transfer

I hope you guys are kids, because if I were a grown man constantly whining about this stuff, it would be tough to sleep soundly.


RBH23
JV Team
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:41 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:44 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:28 pm Salyers wasn’t a recruit, we traded Wilson to Wheelersburg for him. Or was that a transfer? Certainly wasn’t a move in!
So let me get this straight:

Salyers doesn’t count because of the Wilson move. I assume the other boy from Burg (Masters) doesn’t count either because he was kicked off the Burg team.

None of the Raceland kids count due to injuries, before Pendleton, etc.

Keyes and his stepbrother do not count because the school hired his dad, uncle, etc.

Perkins doesn’t count because, well, he came from Valley.

The kids from Ashland and the kid from Huntington don’t count because they are from out of state.


After adding all of this up: Pendleton has not benefitted from any recruits/transfers because none of these kids can be truly considered recruits/transfers. LOL!!
I don’t believe I said any of this. Wheelersburg has great schools, I’m not sure why most of the Wheelersburg people on here are the lower ones in reading comprehension.
Sure you did. You specifically said “Salyers wasn’t a recruit”. Then when asked about the Raceland players, you made it sound as if they didn’t really contribute much.

The rest was me mocking your denial that Pendleton hasn’t benefited from recruits and what you deem to be a “recruit”.


RBH23
JV Team
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:44 pm Wheelersburg logic:

Kid comes to Ironton = Recruit
Kid comes to Wheelersburg = Transfer

I hope you guys are kids, because if I were a grown man constantly whining about this stuff, it would be tough to sleep soundly.
Why? Because I point out the absurdity of your argument? You are attempting mental gymnastics to make it seem as if Ironton has not benefitted at all by recruits. No idea why Ironton fans simply can’t admit the truth.

Your program desperately needs them to be relevant. Nothing wrong with that.


Ed Gennero
Freshman Team
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by Ed Gennero »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:59 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:41 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:44 pm

So let me get this straight:

Salyers doesn’t count because of the Wilson move. I assume the other boy from Burg (Masters) doesn’t count either because he was kicked off the Burg team.

None of the Raceland kids count due to injuries, before Pendleton, etc.

Keyes and his stepbrother do not count because the school hired his dad, uncle, etc.

Perkins doesn’t count because, well, he came from Valley.

The kids from Ashland and the kid from Huntington don’t count because they are from out of state.


After adding all of this up: Pendleton has not benefitted from any recruits/transfers because none of these kids can be truly considered recruits/transfers. LOL!!
I don’t believe I said any of this. Wheelersburg has great schools, I’m not sure why most of the Wheelersburg people on here are the lower ones in reading comprehension.
Sure you did. You specifically said “Salyers wasn’t a recruit”. Then when asked about the Raceland players, you made it sound as if they didn’t really contribute much.

The rest was me mocking your denial that Pendleton hasn’t benefited from recruits and what you deem to be a “recruit”.
Salyers went where he could play. Took some beatings early on, paid off later.


Fan Friday
Freshman Team
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by Fan Friday »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:50 pm Howell
Washington (Duncan injured, didn’t start until then)
Deere (actually came before Pendleton)

Every other kid who played a lot of snaps went to Ironton from elementary/middle on.
Duncan wasn’t a transfer. He started at Ironton in the 3rd grade.


BigSpoon
Riding the Bench
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:31 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by BigSpoon »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:04 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:25 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:10 pm

.Literally the only teams that have beat Ironton the last few years are : Kirtland. Wheelersburg & Moellar.

Ironton is the program on the SEO marquee. That's just the way it is. With a resume like Ironton and the history, they are seo's bluest of blue bloods.
Let’s pump the brakes on this for a sec…

It’s true that Ironton’s history is impressive, but the present hasn’t lived up to the past in any way. Hell, they haven’t won a state title since 1989!

Past Ironton teams (in the 70’s and 80’s, even early 90’s) never considered Burg a true threat; they had much bigger fish to fry than little ole Wheelersburg. With today’s Ironton teams, Burg tends to be their biggest victory!

Right now, Pendleton has only proven he can accomplish less with more. Until he starts showing real results on the field that resemble Ironton of the past, it’s all just false bravado and bluster.
I want to see what he can accomplish with no transfers coming in for a year. That will show to me if he truly is a good coach. Let's see if he can grind out wins.
He has turned Irontons program completely around. So with or without transfers they are a much better team under Pendleton. What more do you want from him? Remember when kids were transferring out of Ironton to Rock Hill, Burg and Ashland? I sure do…now that they are coming back some people want to complain. Let the kids play where they want! Stop with all that BS!


BigSpoon
Riding the Bench
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:31 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by BigSpoon »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:57 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:41 pm I’ve said it before, but Ironton had 2-3 kids that came to Ironton after elementary school playing meaningful snaps in 2020 when they were state runner up. But the transfer whiners simply won’t believe it.

Wheelersburg is a storied program and has participated in two state title games in school history. Pendleton has done the same in 5 years.

The ideas that Ironton has done nothing or has 15-20 kids from out of state with all these Ironton lifers on the sideline are just so laughable that they aren’t true.

If your standards are “State championship or bust,” then almost every season ever played by every team in SEO has been worthless. If you look at it reasonably, Pendleton and Ironton have accomplished a ton in a short about of time.
Difference is that Wheelersburg has actually won a state title in this century! Ironton looks nothing like Ironton from the past.

Just the fact you are comparing Ironton against Wheelersburg shows how far the program has fallen. Burg was never the measuring stick back in the day.

Now to give credit where credit is due, Pendleton has brought Ironton out of the gutter that they were in. He’s also recruited talent that Ironton desperately needs to sneak by Burg and Jackson; and yes, the recruited kids are making a huge difference.

But if he doesn’t win the state title this year, it will be a massive failure. Will show that even with more D1 talent than all other D5 schools combined, he’s not capable of getting Ironton to the promised land. Once again, he will have accomplished less with more.
Im glad he knows how to promote his athletes! Hes only been in the game 5 years now. No one wants to talk about that though. Its football, anything can happen win or lose and at the end of the day state ship or not these kids are having the time of their lives under Pendleton and some are getting their college paid for. Ive never seen so many happy kids playing football and that’s what it’s all about. He’s building great men on and off the field. It is about the kids right?


BigSpoon
Riding the Bench
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:31 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by BigSpoon »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:44 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:28 pm Salyers wasn’t a recruit, we traded Wilson to Wheelersburg for him. Or was that a transfer? Certainly wasn’t a move in!
So let me get this straight:

Salyers doesn’t count because of the Wilson move. I assume the other boy from Burg (Masters) doesn’t count either because he was kicked off the Burg team.

None of the Raceland kids count due to injuries, before Pendleton, etc.

Keyes and his stepbrother do not count because the school hired his dad, uncle, etc.

Perkins doesn’t count because, well, he came from Valley.

The kids from Ashland and the kid from Huntington don’t count because they are from out of state.


After adding all of this up: Pendleton has not benefitted from any recruits/transfers because none of these kids can be truly considered recruits/transfers. LOL!!
Who cares! Quit worrying about transfers and Pendleton! Grow up and let them play where they want! Rent free!


BigSpoon
Riding the Bench
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:31 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by BigSpoon »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:44 pm Wheelersburg logic:

Kid comes to Ironton = Recruit
Kid comes to Wheelersburg = Transfer

I hope you guys are kids, because if I were a grown man constantly whining about this stuff, it would be tough to sleep soundly.
Exactly! Surely its not grown men crying 😭


BigSpoon
Riding the Bench
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:31 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by BigSpoon »

Fan Friday wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:02 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:50 pm Howell
Washington (Duncan injured, didn’t start until then)
Deere (actually came before Pendleton)

Every other kid who played a lot of snaps went to Ironton from elementary/middle on.
Duncan wasn’t a transfer. He started at Ironton in the 3rd grade.
Some think if you weren’t born in Tiger Alley you were recruited 😂😂😂


mustard
Freshman Team
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:05 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by mustard »

BigSpoon wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:29 am
Fan Friday wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:02 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:50 pm Howell
Washington (Duncan injured, didn’t start until then)
Deere (actually came before Pendleton)

Every other kid who played a lot of snaps went to Ironton from elementary/middle on.
Duncan wasn’t a transfer. He started at Ironton in the 3rd grade.
Some think if you weren’t born in Tiger Alley you were recruited 😂😂😂
You living under a rock bro? Kids don't transfer from Northwest, Valley, Mississippi, Huntington, WVA, Ashland, Someone mentioned Columbus too.

Who's on the radar next year? because they lose a ton! You can't puff up your chest of greatness too much when you have incoming starters from other schools. Sorry bro. Now Pendleton is doing a great job of getting those kids. He's wheeling and dealing but don't act like, oh its just a few transfers, everyone gets them. Ironton fans sound ridiculous when they do that, and no one is buying it, except other ironton fans of course.


RBH23
JV Team
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by RBH23 »

BigSpoon wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:29 am
Fan Friday wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:02 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:50 pm Howell
Washington (Duncan injured, didn’t start until then)
Deere (actually came before Pendleton)

Every other kid who played a lot of snaps went to Ironton from elementary/middle on.
Duncan wasn’t a transfer. He started at Ironton in the 3rd grade.
Some think if you weren’t born in Tiger Alley you were recruited 😂😂😂
Not whining at all. Just pointing out the truth that Ironton fans don’t want to hear. Ironton fans think “the glory days are back” when reality is that their success is almost completely dependent on talent they can recruit from other schools.

As for Pendleton’s greatness, this year is a big measuring stick. On paper, he has by far the most talented team in D5. No other school is even close. So not winning the state this year would not be due to lack of talent, but would be the result of the coaches unable to get the team over the top.

And if he can’t win with a sizable talent advantage over the competition, can he ever take Ironton to the title?


wobycat
SEOPS
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:34 am
BigSpoon wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:29 am
Fan Friday wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:02 pm

Duncan wasn’t a transfer. He started at Ironton in the 3rd grade.
Some think if you weren’t born in Tiger Alley you were recruited 😂😂😂
Not whining at all. Just pointing out the truth that Ironton fans don’t want to hear. Ironton fans think “the glory days are back” when reality is that their success is almost completely dependent on talent they can recruit from other schools.

As for Pendleton’s greatness, this year is a big measuring stick. On paper, he has by far the most talented team in D5. No other school is even close. So not winning the state this year would not be due to lack of talent, but would be the result of the coaches unable to get the team over the top.

And if he can’t win with a sizable talent advantage over the competition, can he ever take Ironton to the title?
I don't think they have a chance to win it. Offensively they do, but they give up too many yards and points on defense, and their overall special teams aren't the best. You have to have all three phases and then some luck. If they do win it, it will have meant their offensive players were very productive. They have many weapons, so there is a possibility.


ohbuckeye2
SEOPS H
Posts: 7818
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:29 pm
Location: Ironton, OH

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Fan Friday wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:02 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:50 pm Howell
Washington (Duncan injured, didn’t start until then)
Deere (actually came before Pendleton)

Every other kid who played a lot of snaps went to Ironton from elementary/middle on.
Duncan wasn’t a transfer. He started at Ironton in the 3rd grade.
Most of the kids that have ever come from Rock Hill don’t count, most of them have an Ironton address 😬

Using Wheelersburgs theory about their kids that live out of District but have a Wheelersburg address lol.


Mr Shifty
Waterboy
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:47 am

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by Mr Shifty »

Please STOP! Has Ironton broken any rules through transfers? (rhetorical question, he has not)

While Pendleton does some things that might irk some fans, the one thing he is not is lazy. He works hard to develop what he has at Ironton. He and his staff put together a program that has the type of appeal that makes a few kids want to come there to play. Also he's worked hard to gain scholarships for any he can and any has quickly became many.

If you want what Ironton has, you're going have to work hard too. If you're not willing to put in such an effort, don't take it out on a coach and program that does. No one is holding you back, go for it


yabbadabbadoo
SEOP
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:50 pm

Re: Ironton improving every week.

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ed Gennero wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:09 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:59 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:41 pm

I don’t believe I said any of this. Wheelersburg has great schools, I’m not sure why most of the Wheelersburg people on here are the lower ones in reading comprehension.
Sure you did. You specifically said “Salyers wasn’t a recruit”. Then when asked about the Raceland players, you made it sound as if they didn’t really contribute much.

The rest was me mocking your denial that Pendleton hasn’t benefited from recruits and what you deem to be a “recruit”.
Salyers went where he could play. Took some beatings early on, paid off later.



The sad thing about Salyers is he lost a state championship ring by leaving Burg and from what I was told, Burg wanted to make him the starting RB as a Sophomore but his Dad put his foot down that he either plays QB or he is going somewhere else. We all know the rest of the story. He did go to Ironton but never got that ring.


Post Reply

Return to “Football”