SEOPS Hippo

Mid-season interview with Taizaun Burns from Columbus East

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Taziaun Burns
Columbus East
Athlete

1 How long have you played football?
I’ve been playing football for 11 years

2 After five weeks, Columbus East stands at 4-0. What has been the biggest change this year compared to last year, a year that saw the Tigers go 3-4?
This is my first year over at East High School so it’s a big change for me and my team as well!

3 So far this season, you have 691 total yards and 11 touchdowns. Has the season for you personally gone as well as you had hoped?
Yes, this season has fallen in line like dominos for me I was expecting for me to pop off like this because I know what I’m capable of so this is new to the people I don’t know.

4 What is the hardest part about playing for Coach Bell? Also, what is the best part of playing for him?
There’s no hard part about playing with Coach Bell because he listens and understands what we say to help our team out!

5: What is your favorite football-related memory? Also, what is your least favorite memory on the field?
My fondest memory is us beating teams that we should’ve lost to because we didn’t play so well in the moment.
My least favorite memory is when we have to roll at practice lol.

6 Which team do you enjoy beating the most? Why?
I enjoyed beating Dayton Belmont the most because they were some outstanding competition to our team because they proved to us that size doesn’t matter.

7 In talking to a lot of coaches, I always hear that hitting the weight room is one of the most important things a player can do. With that in mind, how often do you hit the weights?
I hit the weights every once in a while I’m more of a speed guy.

8 What other sports do you participate in for East?
Track, football, and basketball.

9 What is your favorite class? Why?
My favorite class is geometry because I’m good at math

10 Who is your favorite teacher?
All my teachers are my favorites

11: Do you intend to play football in college?
Yes, I’m hoping to play football at a college level.

12 This is always a tough question for a player to answer. What must you do to ensure you get a chance to play at the next level?
For me to get to the next level I must stay focused and let nothing get in my way!

Return to “Football”