Wheelersburg 42 - 0 Minford 2022

RBH23
S

Re: Minford at Burg picks

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:18 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:05 pm
Ed Gennero wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:59 pm

But they couldn’t , you can’t say the this play away and that play away. Makes no sense.
This is a “Minford vs Burg” thread. Why are we discussing Jackson? I’m no historian, but I’m quite sure that game is over and in the past.
That was me. I wanted to clarify the narrative of the Jackson game. Both Vladimir and Ed genero saw a different game than I. No more reason to debate it.
LOL!! Just thought I clicked on the wrong thread at first :)

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:53 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:39 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:35 pm

Jackson beat Burg by making plays on offense that Burg's offense didn't match. You won't ever convince me that Jackson "outmuscled" Burg. Gonna just have to agree to disagree on this one.*
Jackson won the game in the 4th quarter. That was an old school Ed Miller ball game Andy Hall called, and he won it in the 4th. Just like he was taught—- Bottom line, Burg was gassed and their dline getting pancaked blocked . If you didn’t see that or Refuse, then me thinks you’re wearing your orange and black daddy glasses.
80-yard touchdown pass on 1st and 10 and a 30-yard pass on 4th and 4? Ed Miller would have ran the ball on both plays! Jackson beat Burg by making those plays, so no excuses. But if we're talking about "glasses", Minford's 6-61 all-time record against Burg could understandably cause your glasses to see things differently than how everyone else saw that game.*
r. You still refuse to answer the questions of how many times did Jackson punt or turn the ball over on downs in the 4th game quarter.. How many times did they? How many times did burgs dline get pancaked blocked? How many missed tackles? How many time did the dline get blown back into the second level?

Before you posted your bias, answer those questions in an objective manner. FYI, I have more ties to burg now than I do Minford. I just looked at the game in an objective manner. I suggest you do the same.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:35 pm

Jackson beat Burg by making plays on offense that Burg's offense didn't match. You won't ever convince me that Jackson "outmuscled" Burg. Gonna just have to agree to disagree on this one.*
Jackson won the game in the 4th quarter. That was an old school Ed Miller ball game Andy Hall called, and he won it in the 4th. Just like he was taught—- Bottom line, Burg was gassed and their dline getting pancaked blocked . If you didn’t see that or Refuse, then me thinks you’re wearing your orange and black daddy glasses.
80-yard touchdown pass on 1st and 10 and a 30-yard pass on 4th and 4? Ed Miller would have ran the ball on both plays! Jackson beat Burg by making those plays, so no excuses. But if we're talking about "glasses", Minford's 6-61 all-time record against Burg could understandably cause your glasses to see things differently than how everyone else saw that game.*
You still refuse to answer the questions of how many times did Jackson punt or turn the ball over on downs in the 4th quarter.. How many times did they? How many times did burgs dline get pancaked blocked? How many missed tackles? How many time did the dline get blown back into the second level? I agree with the other poster, Jackson broke the levy and it was just going to get uglier and burgs lucky there wasn’t another quarter left to play.

Before you post your bias, answer those questions in an objective manner in regards to what happened in the 4th quarter. FYI, I have more ties to burg now than I do Minford. I just looked at the game in an objective manner. I suggest you do the same.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Minford doesn't have the horses or the scheme to beat the burg this year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:38 am

r. You still refuse to answer the questions of how many times did Jackson punt or turn the ball over on downs in the 4th game quarter.. How many times did they? How many times did burgs dline get pancaked blocked? How many missed tackles? How many time did the dline get blown back into the second level?

Before you posted your bias, answer those questions in an objective manner. FYI, I have more ties to burg now than I do Minford. I just looked at the game in an objective manner. I suggest you do the same.
I'm 100% looking at the game objectively. I have the ability to go back and watch. At half, Jackson maybe had 50 to 60 yards rushing, and not much more in passing. Burg led 6-0. Two stalls in the redzone. Two field goals.

Burg gets the ball to start the second half. Drives all the way down, stalls again, settles for a field goal. 9-0. Jackson gets ball back and puts together their best drive of the game. No ifs and buts. Their D1 QB made two great passes and had about a 15 yard designed run. 9-7. Burg gets the ball back to start the 4th, again drives all the way down and stalls again. Kicks field goal. 12-7. Jackson gets ball. On first down, I believe, burg sends a corner blitz or the corner was playing the run, either way, Safety is late getting over and Jackson's QB hits their Receiver in stride with on a wheel route. Perfect play at the right time. Goes the distance. 13-12 Jackson. Burg starts to drive. Throws a TE seam. TE fumbles it. Jackson gets the ball. Mid 4th QTR. Jackson has about 90 yards rushing. Jackson's best run goes for around 30 yards but they stall after this and a few plays later run a play action pass. Great pass defense by burg, better pass by QB. 20-12. Burg again drives the field and fails to get the fourth down and short. Late 4th. Jackson is running out the clock at this point with about 120 yards rushing.

This is the play that etches in your mind. Jackson runs a QB boot to their side and picks up the 3rd and long. Burgs DE gets stood up and drove, looks like he was held but that's football. Either way the linebackers couldn't bring him down. Jackson's QB bootlegs again on the same last drive on a third and long and the LB and safety don't make the play and he picks up the first down game over. 138 yards rushing total. At no point was burg getting pushed around.

If that's your version of men and against boys, you and I have very contrasting versions.

Important Stats: Burg punted once. Jackson twice. Burg had more rushing yards and first downs. Jackson had more passing yards and total yards. Burg had the biggest error lost fumble. Burg no redzone TD's Something they are struggling with this year. Burg D5 team. Jackson D3.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:21 am

I'm 100% looking at the game objectively. I have the ability to go back and watch. At half, Jackson maybe had 50 to 60 yards rushing, and not much more in passing. Burg led 6-0. Two stalls in the redzone. Two field goals.

Burg gets the ball to start the second half. Drives all the way down, stalls again, settles for a field goal. 9-0. Jackson gets ball back and puts together their best drive of the game. No ifs and buts. Their D1 QB made two great passes and had about a 15 yard designed run. 9-7. Burg gets the ball back to start the 4th, again drives all the way down and stalls again. Kicks field goal. 12-7. Jackson gets ball. On first down, I believe, burg sends a corner blitz or the corner was playing the run, either way, Safety is late getting over and Jackson's QB hits their Receiver in stride with on a wheel route. Perfect play at the right time. Goes the distance. 13-12 Jackson. Burg starts to drive. Throws a TE seam. TE fumbles it. Jackson gets the ball. Mid 4th QTR. Jackson has about 90 yards rushing. Jackson's best run goes for around 30 yards but they stall after this and a few plays later run a play action pass. Great pass defense by burg, better pass by QB. 20-12. Burg again drives the field and fails to get the fourth down and short. Late 4th. Jackson is running out the clock at this point with about 120 yards rushing.

This is the play that etches in your mind. Jackson runs a QB boot to their side and picks up the 3rd and long. Burgs DE gets stood up and drove, looks like he was held but that's football. Either way the linebackers couldn't bring him down. Jackson's QB bootlegs again on the same last drive on a third and long and the LB and safety don't make the play and he picks up the first down game over. 138 yards rushing total. At no point was burg getting pushed around.

If that's your version of men and against boys, you and I have very contrasting versions.

Important Stats: Burg punted once. Jackson twice. Burg had more rushing yards and first downs. Jackson had more passing yards and total yards. Burg had the biggest error lost fumble. Burg no redzone TD's Something they are struggling with this year. Burg D5 team. Jackson D3.
That's the elephant in the room woby. Burg can't pass so when they get in the red zone the safeties are automatically involved in the run game,
No threat of pass, tee off and go.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

mustard wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:36 am

That's the elephant in the room woby. Burg can't pass so when they get in the red zone the safeties are automatically involved in the run game,
That is definitely Burg’s issue on O. They tried to pass in the red zone once and got picked off. I don’t see this improving with the starting QB.

Hope Burg gets the freshman some meaningful reps over the next five games. His ability to pass in tight spots could be useful come playoff time.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:26 am

That is definitely Burg’s issue on O. They tried to pass in the red zone once and got picked off. I don’t see this improving with the starting QB.

Hope Burg gets the freshman some meaningful reps over the next five games. His ability to pass in tight spots could be useful come playoff time.

It was a traditional INT either. Receiver was open but QB just threw the ball to hard and it bounced off receiver into the arms of a Jackson defender. Could have easily deflected to a Burg player but it didn't.

If Burg doesn't fix the problem of not scoring TD's in the red zone there could be a few more losses on the horizon. If they have to switch out QB then don't know why they don't. Why they don't is beyond me.

Also, almost wish Burg didn't have a great kicker because in years past on those 4th down plays on the opponents side of the 50, Burg is going for the first down on those plays. Couple of 4th and 1's against Jackson they probably should have went for to try and continue drives.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:10 am

It was a traditional INT either. Receiver was open but QB just threw the ball to hard and it bounced off receiver into the arms of a Jackson defender. Could have easily deflected to a Burg player but it didn't.

If Burg doesn't fix the problem of not scoring TD's in the red zone there could be a few more losses on the horizon. If they have to switch out QB then don't know why they don't. Why they don't is beyond me.

Also, almost wish Burg didn't have a great kicker because in years past on those 4th down plays on the opponents side of the 50, Burg is going for the first down on those plays. Couple of 4th and 1's against Jackson they probably should have went for to try and continue drives.
It’s tough playing a freshman at QB; kid has a good arm but physically looks like a freshman. Starting QB moves the ball well but has struggled getting into the end zone against the two top teams Burg has played. Need some new wrinkles on O, or maybe sneak the freshman in for some plays…. Not sure the answer.

Agree on the 4th and shorts during the last game. The math made sense to take the 3 but settling for fgs puts the D in a tough spot. Especially against talented teams.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:57 am

It’s tough playing a freshman at QB; kid has a good arm but physically looks like a freshman. Starting QB moves the ball well but has struggled getting into the end zone against the two top teams Burg has played. Need some new wrinkles on O, or maybe sneak the freshman in for some plays…. Not sure the answer.

Agree on the 4th and shorts during the last game. The math made sense to take the 3 but settling for fgs puts the D in a tough spot. Especially against talented teams.
Im like Yabba on this one. Screw it. Toss him in there. Passing can only improve.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

mustard wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:06 pm

Im like Yabba on this one. Screw it. Toss him in there. Passing can only improve.
mustard: durability looks like a concern for the freshman (as it is with most freshmen). Jones is doing a great job moving the offense until they reach the redzone. My thought would be to keep Jones as starting QB, but give the freshman some snaps in redzone to keep opposing defenses honest against the pass. This also limits the amount of hits the freshman takes. Offense has too much talent to not be scoring touchdowns in big games, and look forward to it getting better next few weeks.

vlad: your definition of "men against boys" is different than mine and that's fine. Neither one of us is going to change the other's opinion so I'm done arguing over it.*

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:16 pm

mustard: durability looks like a concern for the freshman (as it is with most freshmen). Jones is doing a great job moving the offense until they reach the redzone. My thought would be to keep Jones as starting QB, but give the freshman some snaps in redzone to keep opposing defenses honest against the pass. This also limits the amount of hits the freshman takes. Offense has too much talent to not be scoring touchdowns in big games, and look forward to it getting better next few weeks.

vlad: your definition of "men against boys" is different than mine and that's fine. Neither one of us is going to change the other's opinion so I'm done arguing over it.*
Agree. Good way to get the freshman some meaningful snaps/experience while helping the team, and not putting him in harms way at this point in his career.

I don’t recall Ed Miller ever playing freshman on varsity. Hell, he wouldn’t even move them up to JV back in the day. Big difference physically between most 15 year olds versus 18 year olds.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

So? You are making specious aka straw man arguments. In as much, what you’re saying as to what happened earlier in the game is true; however, you fail to address what went on in the fourth quarter. In the fourth quarter, burg was gassed and Jackson imposed their well against the Pirates. You can make all the wHat ifs, and Shoulda woulda coulda excuses you can come up with; however, Jackson owned burg in the fourth quarter. You got beat by a better team, so quit having a hissy fit and just admit it.

In my original post, I said this game this evening will probably turn out much like the Wheelersburg and Jackson game. In that, Wheelersburg has more depth and experience and will pull away in the later quarters. Much like Jackson did. For some reason you cannot come to grips with that. You’re having a meltdown, because you got beat by a better team last Friday night. If there was another quarter of ball to played in that game Jackson would’ve beat you by three more touchdowns. You got beat by a better team, it happens.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:30 pm

So? You are making specious aka straw man arguments. I’m as much, what you’re saying as to what happened earlier in the game is true; however, you fail to address what went on in the fourth quarter. In the fourth quarter, burg was gassed and Jackson imposed their well against the Pirates. You can make all the wHat ifs, and Shoulda woulda coulda excuses you can come up with; however, Jackson owned burg in the fourth quarter. You got beat by a better team, so quit having a hissy fit and just admit it.

In my original post, I said this game this evening will probably turn out much like the Wheelersburg and Jackson game. In that, Wheelersburg has more depth and experience and will pull away in the later quarters. Much like Jackson did. For some reason you cannot come to grips with that. You’re having a meltdown, because you got beat by a better team last Friday night. If there was another quarter of ball to played in that game Jackson would’ve beat you by three more touchdowns. You got beat by a better team, it happens.
Oh my. I never made any excuse. But Jackson did not expose their will. Saying so is just ridiculous, Sorry but it is. If they did, it would have reflected in the stats. Burg scored in all QTRS, just not touchdowns and they had two costly turnovers.

In a close game with an opponent that you can match, you can't have those. I can't argue with you anymore about it. Burg lost and they were beat by the team that made the crucial plays to win it. They deserve to win but it had absolutely nothing to with them flexing their will.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Burg is in a smaller division but way more kids dressed and more depth than Jackson. Just to clarify.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

The only player in that game was Jacksons qb he is the only player on Jacksons team that stood out.. he is a very good qb
Last edited by scott1297 on Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:08 pm

The only player in that game was Jacksons qb he is the only player on Jacksons team that stood out.. he is a very good qb

Burg grad 85
Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:09 pm

No one stood out for Wheelersburg.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Ed Gennero wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:08 pm
scott1297 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:09 pm

No one stood out for Wheelersburg.
They can’t pass. Doesn’t matter

YabbadabbadooBOT
Waterboy

Post by YabbadabbadooBOT »

Go Burg Go!

Return to “Football”