Ed Gennero
JV Team

Re: Minford at Burg picks

Post by Ed Gennero »

vladimir wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:32 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:58 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:43 pm

I agree.

Minford is too you and doesn’t have the depth to keep this one close for very long. Much like the WCH game.
Wheelersburg will pull away and prove to be too physical in the second half, much like Jackson did against them last week.

14-7 half
35-7 Final Pirates.
That's not what happened at all with Jackson. Jackson QB connected on two big passes. One was when Burg was caught in a Corner Blitz and the other was a deep ball by Winters perfectly thrown, defender had great coverage but the pass was on point. Rushing, Jackson average 3.3 yards per carry. With burg having 5.8. Other than that Burg only punted one time, moved the ball all night. Just couldn't punch it in, and fumbled at a crucial time.

I was thinking this would be close as well for awhile but I don't think it will be this year. I think Burg will have 28+ before halftime.
BS, I was at that game and Jackson dominated and pushed the Pirates around the whole 4th quarter. It was men against boys. In the 4th quarter, 3rd and 20 and Jackson converts on more than one occasion. Ok, whatever you say dude. Lol. Oh yeah and the Ironman ran the ball down burgs throat on those must stops, they didn’t make a fluke pass.
Burg played great defense first half , once Jackson got their footing it was over. Congrats to burg for keeping it close for a while.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ed Gennero wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:16 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:58 pm

That's not what happened at all with Jackson. Jackson QB connected on two big passes. One was when Burg was caught in a Corner Blitz and the other was a deep ball by Winters perfectly thrown, defender had great coverage but the pass was on point. Rushing, Jackson average 3.3 yards per carry. With burg having 5.8. Other than that Burg only punted one time, moved the ball all night. Just couldn't punch it in, and fumbled at a crucial time.

I was thinking this would be close as well for awhile but I don't think it will be this year. I think Burg will have 28+ before halftime.
BS, I was at that game and Jackson dominated and pushed the Pirates around the whole 4th quarter. It was men against boys. In the 4th quarter, 3rd and 20 and Jackson converts on more than one occasion. Ok, whatever you say dude. Lol. Oh yeah and the Ironman ran the ball down burgs throat on those must stops, they didn’t make a fluke pass.
Burg played great defense first half , once Jackson got their footing it was over. Congrats to burg for keeping it close for a while.
😂

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

You want to change the subject to the whole game. In my original post I said, Jackson wore burg down and won the game in the second half, particularly in the 4th quarter. Burg dline was getting pancaked blacked in the 4th. Also, the game wasn’t outta reach when Jackson made their big 3rd down conversion. Also, you claimed Jackson passed and they didn’t to get the first down.

Burg had the opportunity to get the ball back but got ran down their throat IN THE 4th Quarter b/c Jackson wore them down.
Last edited by vladimir on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

80-yard touchdown pass (on first play of drive) and 30-yard touchdown pass (on 4th and 4) for Jackson equals "outmuscling" Burg? Jackson ran 39 times for 138 yards. Burg ran 40 times for 229 yards. Difference in game was Jackson's passing game in 2nd half and Burg's inability to convert in red zone.

Burg controlled that game at line of scrimmage except for last 5 minutes when they couldn't get off the field after 2 scrambles by Jackson QB on 3rd and long. That's not "running it down their throat" or "men against boys"...that's just a solid QB making plays.*

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:10 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:02 pm
Men against boys? Jackson's QB got out of the pocket and converted two 3rd and longs. Dude is 6'2" 215lbs, so nothing to be ashamed of for Burg linebackers. Burg otherwise controlled line of scrimmage on both sides of ball the rest of game. Only Difference was Jackson finished their drives and Burg didn't.

As for this game, I think Minford keeps it close for a little bit in second half before Burg pulls away. I'll say Burg wins 31-13. Minford has some real solid underclassmen though and should be a legit threat to Burg and West next 2 years.*
I agree with minford in a few years but this year I don’t think will be like the last two. I think burg dominates start to finish. No slow start

If memory serves me correct that was also on a 4th and 4 for Jackson. Watching the replay on WSAZ later on, Creed warren missed knocking the ball away by about a 1/2 inch. He knocks that down, who knows what happens.

As for the two big runs by the Jackosn QB, they were big plays. Burg's defense was wiped out by then as well. Jackson was a big, physical team and Burg's defense had been on the field quite a bit in the 2nd half.

Taking nothing away from Jackson but to say it was Men vs. Boys is pretty silly. Jackson knows they escaped Burg with a hard fought win.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:20 pm You want to change the subject to the whole game. In my original post I said, Jackson wore burg down and won the game in the second half, particularly in the 4th quarter. Burg dline was getting pancaked blacked in the 4th. Also, the game wasn’t outta reach when Jackson made their big 3rd down conversion. Burg had the opportunity to get the ball back but got ran down their throat IN THE 4th Quarter b/c Jackson wore them down.
Dude no they weren’t. It was two passes and one long run. That was the difference. You can’t claim they ran down their throat with a 3.3 average. With the longest run being 30 yards. I can go back and watch the two third down runs. It was the linebackers that missed the tackles had nothing to do with d lineman. Both were bootleg runs.

Now if you’re argument was Jackson red zone defense was more physical than burgs offensive line, I’d say you’d be right. Four trips inside the 20 you’ve got to cross the end zone

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:22 pm 80-yard touchdown pass (on first play of drive) and 30-yard touchdown pass (on 4th and 4) for Jackson equals "outmuscling" Burg? Jackson ran 39 times for 138 yards. Burg ran 40 times for 229 yards. Difference in game was Jackson's passing game in 2nd half and Burg's inability to convert in red zone.

Burg controlled that game at line of scrimmage except for last 5 minutes when they couldn't get off the field after 2 scrambles by Jackson QB on 3rd and long. That's not "running it down their throat" or "men against boys"...that's just a solid QB making plays.*
Burg got their butts kicked by Jackson in the 4th and there wasn’t a darn thing they could do about it. Pancaked blocks in the 4th. But y’all hung in there for 3 quarters, I’ll give ya that. Make all the excuses you want but bottom line the bigger faster strong team was Jackson, and they proved that in the 4th quarter by playing Ironman football.
Mic drop! Peace out!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:27 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:20 pm You want to change the subject to the whole game. In my original post I said, Jackson wore burg down and won the game in the second half, particularly in the 4th quarter. Burg dline was getting pancaked blacked in the 4th. Also, the game wasn’t outta reach when Jackson made their big 3rd down conversion. Burg had the opportunity to get the ball back but got ran down their throat IN THE 4th Quarter b/c Jackson wore them down.
Dude no they weren’t. It was two passes and one long run. That was the difference. You can’t claim they ran down their throat with a 3.3 average. With the longest run being 30 yards. I can go back and watch the two third down runs. It was the linebackers that missed the tackles had nothing to do with d lineman. Both were bootleg runs.

Now if you’re argument was Jackson red zone defense was more physical than burgs offensive line, I’d say you’d be right. Four trips inside the 20 you’ve got to cross the end zone
How many times did Jackson punt in the 4th quarter?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

vladimir wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:30 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:22 pm 80-yard touchdown pass (on first play of drive) and 30-yard touchdown pass (on 4th and 4) for Jackson equals "outmuscling" Burg? Jackson ran 39 times for 138 yards. Burg ran 40 times for 229 yards. Difference in game was Jackson's passing game in 2nd half and Burg's inability to convert in red zone.

Burg got their butts kicked by Jackson in the 4th and there wasn’t a darn thing they could do about it. Pancaked blocks in the 4th. But y’all hung in there for 3 quarters, I’ll give ya that. Make all the excuses you want but bottom line the bigger faster strong team was Jackson, and they proved that in the 4th quarter by playing Ironman football.
Mic drop! Peace out!
Jackson beat Burg by making plays on offense that Burg's offense didn't match. You won't ever convince me that Jackson "outmuscled" Burg. Gonna just have to agree to disagree on this one.*

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:35 pm

Mic drop! Peace out!
Jackson beat Burg by making plays on offense that Burg's offense didn't match. You won't ever convince me that Jackson "outmuscled" Burg. Gonna just have to agree to disagree on this one.*
Jackson won the game in the 4th quarter. That was an old school Ed Miller ball game Andy Hall called, and he won it in the 4th. Just like he was taught—- Bottom line, Burg was gassed and their dline getting pancaked blocked . If you didn’t see that or Refuse, then me thinks you’re wearing your orange and black daddy glasses.
Last edited by vladimir on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Take away the two big pass plays, Burg wins this game 12-6. If Burg could have put the ball in the end zone every time they got down there, they win this game 28 or 35 to whatever Jackson scores. Burg can't continue to not score in the red zone!!!

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

vladimir wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:39 pm
Mic drop! Peace out!
Jackson won the game in the 4th quarter. That was an old school Ed Miller ball game Andy Hall called, and he won it in the 4th. Just like he was taught—- Bottom line, Burg was gassed and their dline getting pancaked blocked . If you didn’t see that or Refuse, then me thinks you’re wearing your orange and black daddy glasses.
Yep agree, that game was only going to get uglier. Of course Burg never loses to a better team. Always ifs and but’s. Ironton beat Jackson, Jackson beat Burg, Ironton beat Burg.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:40 pm Take away the two big pass plays, Burg wins this game 12-6. If Burg could have put the ball in the end zone every time they got down there, they win this game 28 or 35 to whatever Jackson scores. Burg can't continue to not score in the red zone!!!
How can you take away plays ? WTF

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

vladimir wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:39 pm
Mic drop! Peace out!
80-yard touchdown pass on 1st and 10 and a 30-yard pass on 4th and 4? Ed Miller would have ran the ball on both plays! Jackson beat Burg by making those plays, so no excuses. But if we're talking about "glasses", Minford's 6-61 all-time record against Burg could understandably cause your glasses to see things differently than how everyone else saw that game.*

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ed Gennero wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:49 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:40 pm Take away the two big pass plays, Burg wins this game 12-6. If Burg could have put the ball in the end zone every time they got down there, they win this game 28 or 35 to whatever Jackson scores. Burg can't continue to not score in the red zone!!!
What do you mean WTF???

If Burg could have made stops on those two plays, different ball game.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:57 pm
What do you mean WTF???

But they couldn’t , you can’t say the this play away and that play away. Makes no sense.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ed Gennero wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:59 pm

What do you mean WTF???

But they couldn’t , you can’t say the this play away and that play away. Makes no sense.
This is a “Minford vs Burg” thread. Why are we discussing Jackson? I’m no historian, but I’m quite sure that game is over and in the past.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:05 pm

What do you mean WTF???

This is a “Minford vs Burg” thread. Why are we discussing Jackson? I’m no historian, but I’m quite sure that game is over and in the past.
Ask your people . Why ask me ? I didn’t start it.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Kudos to BURG for the non conference teams they play. It pays dividends down the stretch in the conference and in the playoffs traditionally. No chesapeakes, wellstons or east Clintons on their schedule.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:05 pm

What do you mean WTF???

That was me. I wanted to clarify the narrative of the Jackson game. Both Vladimir and Ed genero saw a different game than I. No more reason to debate it.

Return to “Football”