WK 5 Johnson Central KY 54 Waverly 7

Omega
SEOPS H

WK 5 Johnson Central KY 54 Waverly 7

Post by Omega »

The Waverly Tigers will make a long journey down US Route 23 for a gridiron tilt with the Johnson Central Golden Eagles.

Waverly fell to Chillicothe 42-12 in week four while JC was competitive against Ironton in a 32-21 loss last night in the Tank.

Waverly is a decided underdog and their main task should be to simply get better in terms of execution and avoid injury.

Johnson Central has won the KY 4A (D2 in Ohio) state championship in 2016 and 2019. Tiger fans who make the trek will experience a big time enviroment.
Last edited by Omega on Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WK 5 Waverly (2-2) @ Johnson Central KY (2-2)

Post by greygoose »

Doesn't get any easier for Waverly, look for JC by 28

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Tough road matchup especially coming off a loss. Good luck to Waverly nonetheless.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Some tough football players from down in Coal Country. I can't see Waverly moving the ball if they can't throw. Just try to make it out of them hollers with no injuries.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Prepare for run game only ,they only had 3 pass attempts for 17 yards at Ironton,but their run game is a beast , even with out their star running back

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Tigers. You will probably need it and then some.

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

Sorry Waverly, but JC is the Kentucky version of Clinton Massie. I’d be surprised if JC doesn’t put a running clock on the Tigers.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Ouch. This one will be much like last Friday, I wish nothing but good health to the Tigers.

WWE HALL OF FAME
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

MrPerfect wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:19 am Ouch. This one will be much like last Friday, I wish nothing but good health to the Tigers.
Good health. Physical and mentally are key. The Tigers still have a punchers chance at a 5 win season if they can survive JC, Burg, and West without injury to body and soul.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

This game will build character for a lot of these kids. may not have the best shot at winning but will compete, to be the best you have to play the best kudos for scheduling the game. I am hoping for a win but I don’t see it. I hope I’m wrong!

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Herd over the Irish?....Who thought it? Roll Tigers!!!!!

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I see 2, maybe 3 wins left on the schedule for the Tigers, and this isn't one of them.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

Waverly may be down a few years. Lower levels are struggling

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

mustard wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:20 pm Waverly may be down a few years. Lower levels are struggling
Assuming you are more so referring to jr high. Over the past 6 or so years that Waverly has really started having their success, many of those teams struggled in jr high. I’ve never been one to put a lot of stock into jr high W’s and L’s, too many factors to consider. One reason I believe Waverly struggles at that level is because they are playing kids in positions that they are going to play in high school, in hopes that they will be more familiar with their position by the time they get there. Where as a lot of your jr high programs will hand the ball off to their biggest, strongest and fastest kid. Even tho said kid may never play running back in high school. So will have to see how things play out. I’m not hitting the panic button on this program yet. Still have a good bit of underclassman on that varsity field and those are mostly the areas they are struggling at the most.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:39 pm
mustard wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:20 pm Waverly may be down a few years. Lower levels are struggling
Assuming you are more so referring to jr high. Over the past 6 or so years that Waverly has really started having their success, many of those teams struggled in jr high. I’ve never been one to put a lot of stock into jr high W’s and L’s, too many factors to consider. One reason I believe Waverly struggles at that level is because they are playing kids in positions that they are going to play in high school, in hopes that they will be more familiar with their position by the time they get there. Where as a lot of your jr high programs will hand the ball off to their biggest, strongest and fastest kid. Even tho said kid may never play running back in high school. So will have to see how things play out. I’m not hitting the panic button on this program yet. Still have a good bit of underclassman on that varsity field and those are mostly the areas they are struggling at the most.
Agree 100% there are local teams that run tackles as backs and specialize in double reverses every year. Later the parents blame the high school coaches for poor results. I am amazed some schools can find head coach applicants with programs lack of structure in the younger grades always stacking the hand against them.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:39 pm
100% correct, look no further than a team like Minford they go and win pee wee super bowls and brag about going undefeated in Junior high only to never pan out in HS. Northwest same thing world beaters in Junior High and then hit HS and nothing has ever translated. If this is our down year then so be it, I mean we're playing so many younger players that quite frankly this team is going to be tough to handle a year from now. Then you add in our schedule where we're right in the middle of a brutal run so yeah I think most felt with the young talent and the schedule .500 was right where we'd sit. Now if we can make it through this schedule and get into the playoffs one things for sure we should be ready given the talent of the teams we've played. Unioto will be a 8-10 win team depending on how it unfolds, Chillicothe will be competing for the FAC title, Johnson Central well they always seem to be vying for a state championship in KY, Burg is Burg, and West is looking at a 8-9 win season as well. So that's 5 games out of a 10 game season where we're playing teams that will be 8 win teams or better on the year.

Jimbobscousin
Waterboy

Post by Jimbobscousin »

JC by however many they want.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

If the tigers open there playbook up and throw the ball. May make some mistakes but will make you better team in future and I’m sure RB would appreciate teams not loading the box on him. If we do this we will score enough to win tonight! However our defense ends need to contain and linebackers need to quit running into line. Watch the ball and if they do we have a chance to win

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

allaboutsports wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:02 am If the tigers open there playbook up and throw the ball. May make some mistakes but will make you better team in future and I’m sure RB would appreciate teams not loading the box on him. If we do this we will score enough to win tonight! However our defense ends need to contain and linebackers need to quit running into line. Watch the ball and if they do we have a chance to win
Defensive ends haven’t contained all season so far, but then again we’ve got arguably one of the best DEs in the area playing LB. He’s got enough on films to show colleges he can play LB I think it’s time he goes back to DE with #20 and they start really helping this defense out. It would be so much easier to fill that LB role than it’s been to fill the void at DE he’s left.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

JC 28
Waverly 0

Tigers moved the ball but couldnt convert.
Ball at JC 17 on first drive and stalled.
Ball back at JC 35 on a fumble recover but couldn't move the ball - a sack and 2 incomplete passes.
Ball at the JC 9 and then 2nd 3rd and 4th and goal at the 12. 4th pass in the flat complete but stopped at the 1.

Return to “Football”