Fairview (KY) 18 - 42 Green 2022

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Re: Week 5: Green (4-0) @ Ashland Fairview (1-3)

Post by QB SNEAK »

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:15 am Green fans, tell me if this actually happened.
I have some friends from Fairview. They are telling me that you kept your starters in until the very end of a 48-18 game. That alone, if true, is classless. Also, I heard that they called a time out with 20 seconds to play...with all starters still in...and called a pass play to try to score again.
If true, Coffman is a piece of crap classlass coach. NO ONE does this. Did it actually happen ?
Fake news. I will say starters were in a little longer than I would have liked but that late in the game it was subs. Timeout was called to get personal in the right spot but there was way more than 20 seconds left. There was a pass play called but with the second string. That’s just a coach Trying to get live reps to a backup. Certainly no reason for Fairview’s coach to not shake greens players hands and scream the whole way off the field. I have seen a lot of football and tonight was far from classless from green.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Thanks for the reply. But, that's not at all what I heard. He should have run the ball and maybe even taken a knee. The game was over.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:27 am Thanks for the reply. But, that's not at all what I heard. He should have run the ball and maybe even taken a knee. The game was over.
I can understand the frustration. We have been on the receiving end for many years. We have a good team this year. I can promise because I know the coach and many of the kids that any play or decision towards the end of the game was never meant to disrespect or run the score up. I’m not on the sideline but I know that’s not what we are about at green. And if it were the intention I would be the first to be upset about it.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

QB SNEAK wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:56 am
LockHerUp wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:27 am Thanks for the reply. But, that's not at all what I heard. He should have run the ball and maybe even taken a knee. The game was over.
I can understand the frustration. We have been on the receiving end for many years. We have a good team this year. I can promise because I know the coach and many of the kids that any play or decision towards the end of the game was never meant to disrespect or run the score up. I’m not on the sideline but I know that’s not what we are about at green. And if it were the intention I would be the first to be upset about it.
Also been praying for the young man that was taken out on a stretcher. I hope ie is doing okay.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats to Green on getting another win.

JustHereForTheTruth
Waterboy

Post by JustHereForTheTruth »

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:15 am Green fans, tell me if this actually happened.
I have some friends from Fairview. They are telling me that you kept your starters in until the very end of a 48-18 game. That alone, if true, is classless. Also, I heard that they called a time out with 20 seconds to play...with all starters still in...and called a pass play to try to score again.
If true, Coffman is a piece of crap classlass coach. NO ONE does this. Did it actually happen ?
The truth is that Fairview played with unsportsmanlike attitudes all night. Holding green players down on the ground during plays, flipping balls in green players faces after the plays are over, tackling players who had already when across the sidelines, cussing at green players during the game.

And as far as keeping starters in, do you think that Fairview said well we are beat we are going to sub players out? No! You want green to sub in players who either don’t have any reps and touches or very few, against a team who had played dirty football all evening. That’s how you get young players hurt.

Fairview was classless all night, from their staff to the players to their fans.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Greens real competition starts this week. Gonna see if this team is really good or 5-0 start is from a weak first 5 game schedule.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

5-5 is the worst they can do. No matter what this season has been a improvement being with the team or the community going out and watching games. It’s awesome to see what’s going on in the furnace. I’ve been to games there and felt like 20 people were there. New stadium is really nice.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

JustHereForTheTruth wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:10 pm
The truth is that Fairview played with unsportsmanlike attitudes all night. Holding green players down on the ground during plays, flipping balls in green players faces after the plays are over, tackling players who had already when across the sidelines, cussing at green players during the game.

And as far as keeping starters in, do you think that Fairview said well we are beat we are going to sub players out? No! You want green to sub in players who either don’t have any reps and touches or very few, against a team who had played dirty football all evening. That’s how you get young players hurt.

Fairview was classless all night, from their staff to the players to their fans.
To me this just kind of shows that as a school you aren't use to beating teams by a large margin. Because you do need to put in the young/inexperienced kids. No matter the circumstances. Thats the only way you can get them better and prepared. What the other team does with their starters really doesn't matter. You don't have to roll them all in at once, maybe one or 2 at a time until it's transitioned. So if the starters were all in, why were timeouts taken that late in the 4th and pass plays being drawn up? Even with the cleanup crew in, that's not a good look.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
JustHereForTheTruth
Waterboy

Post by JustHereForTheTruth »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:18 pm
JustHereForTheTruth wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:10 pm

To me this just kind of shows that as a school you aren't use to beating teams by a large margin. Because you do need to put in the young/inexperienced kids. No matter the circumstances. Thats the only way you can get them better and prepared. What the other team does with their starters really doesn't matter. You don't have to roll them all in at once, maybe one or 2 at a time until it's transitioned. So if the starters were all in, why were timeouts taken that late in the 4th and pass plays being drawn up? Even with the cleanup crew in, that's not a good look.
It’s also not a good look for Fairview to literally refuse to shake players and coaches hands, it’s also not a good look for them to cuss out players and coaches as they are coming off the field and going into the locker room. What kind of culture are they creating? Showing their players that if something doesn’t go their way it’s ok to act out and throw temper tantrums?
If it doesn’t matter what the other team does with their starters why does it matter what green does with theirs. What’s good for one team should be good for another. You can’t hold one team to a different standard than the other.
They didn’t keep all the starters in, some yes, but that’s because they don’t have the depth to fill some positions. And green did sub their starting QB to their backup, who throws the ball and yes green took a time out to sub in some players and to give the sub QB a chance to throw the ball. Young guys need reps right? And to be honest before you have an opinion on a game, maybe you should be there to form an actual opinion.
Coaching is so funny, it’s literally one of the few professions that people literally yell from the stands what they think the coach is doing wrong or have people criticize their coaching job from behind a computer screen. You would not appreciate someone coming to your place of work and yell, telling you what they think you are doing wrong, or have someone criticize you online when they have no idea what it is like to do your job. Maybe people should take a step back, and let coaches do their job.
And the score was 43-18 not 48-18
Since some of you know everything especially what should and shouldn’t happen in a game, I’m sure you could apply to coach at one of the many schools around, there is always an opening somewhere. Be the standard everyone should strive to be.
As a parent, and a fan it’s exhausting. There’s never a post saying man this coach did a hell of a job tonight and this season so far, it’s always man they took a time out when I don’t feel they should. And that changes everything, and now the coach is a piece of crap. Really?

Return to “Football”