Wheelersburg 12 - 20 Jackson 2022

mustard
JV Team

Re: WK 5 Jackson (2-2) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by mustard »

Burgball#1 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:58 pm
callie15 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:08 am Well Burg fans, I hate to see the Pirates lose any game regardless of the sport. However any one second guessing the leadership in my opinion is wrong. The boys and coaches are doing an excellent job, consider two losses, one to a team that can't play by the rules,. and another div 3 team coached by past Burg players and coaches that do play by the rules. Burg is still very highly viewed in the state and always will be. Football is king for 3 months and then forgotten for another year. Play the games the right and you will always be the winner.
Not second guessing the coaches at all. We just got out coached this game. Was really hoping to see the younger QB who was warming up with about 3 minutes to go. Go Burg
It’s time for burg to think outside of the box. QB 1 is a big strong fast kid who can’t pass. They gave him a try. But if all they are gonna do is have him hand off or run sometime with the three to four 50/50 completed passes a game, then have the freshman do that. At least he can complete the short ones. Surely do goodness they can have the current QB run wildcat some or wideout to let him run but they ain’t gonna do jack with him having to be a true QB

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Can’t imagine Burg switching up the QB now

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:58 pm Can’t imagine Burg switching up the QB now
I don’t think burg coaches care if they drop a couple of games to some good opponents in non conference. These guys want hardware. First is the SOC then the region then state, etc . They can possibly win SOC but they ain’t going to sniff a region if they don’t try something else.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mustard wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:11 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:58 pm Can’t imagine Burg switching up the QB now
I don’t think burg coaches care if they drop a couple of games to some good opponents in non conference. These guys want hardware. First is the SOC then the region then state, etc . They can possibly win SOC but they ain’t going to sniff a region if they don’t try something else.
Great high standards at Burg. Much respect.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I can’t wait to watch the freshman run the show…but I don’t think he’s ready yet. Needs to put on some size and get some more experience before being the full time QB1. If you watched the JV game against ironton, they got to him a few times…he still looked good but just not ready to be number one yet. I’d like to see more (any) play action passing from the current QB and throw some more on first down just to give the look if nothing else.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

522Pirate wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:23 pm I can’t wait to watch the freshman run the show…but I don’t think he’s ready yet. Needs to put on some size and get some more experience before being the full time QB1. If you watched the JV game against ironton, they got to him a few times…he still looked good but just not ready to be number one yet. I’d like to see more (any) play action passing from the current QB and throw some more on first down just to give the look if nothing else.
Agreed on the freshman not being physically ready to be full-time QB. But I think Burg could work him in more, especially in red zone. Burg’s offense has moved the ball well every game. The main issue is finishing drives.

I’d keep Jones as starting QB, but give the freshman some looks in the red zone. It would limit the number of hits he’d take, and add another dynamic to Burg’s offense that should help the running game in the red zone and hopefully lead to more touchdowns instead of field goals.

Regardless, Burg will be fine and still see them a threat to win Region 19.*

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:07 am
522Pirate wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:23 pm I can’t wait to watch the freshman run the show…but I don’t think he’s ready yet. Needs to put on some size and get some more experience before being the full time QB1. If you watched the JV game against ironton, they got to him a few times…he still looked good but just not ready to be number one yet. I’d like to see more (any) play action passing from the current QB and throw some more on first down just to give the look if nothing else.
Agreed on the freshman not being physically ready to be full-time QB. But I think Burg could work him in more, especially in red zone. Burg’s offense has moved the ball well every game. The main issue is finishing drives.

I’d keep Jones as starting QB, but give the freshman some looks in the red zone. It would limit the number of hits he’d take, and add another dynamic to Burg’s offense that should help the running game in the red zone and hopefully lead to more touchdowns instead of field goals.

Have to agree about bringing in the Freshman in the redzone. Something has to give!! Two games where I thought Burg was the better team in both and they can't get the ball in the end zone.

Still don't understand why Derrick Lattimore gets minimal touches once they get inside the 10. He got one touch the first time they were in there, before the INT. Then on the last drive he was running hard and then on the last series, he is on the sideline. No, I'm not his father or a relative but just a fan that can't figure out why they won't run him!!!!! He was there best runner in the second half and he is not even in the game in crucial situations. Kid has to be totally frustrated.

SOC play starts this week and they should run the table until they play West. That will be a tough one out there.

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:26 am

Have to agree about bringing in the Freshman in the redzone. Something has to give!! Two games where I thought Burg was the better team in both and they can't get the ball in the end zone.

Still don't understand why Derrick Lattimore gets minimal touches once they get inside the 10. He got one touch the first time they were in there, before the INT. Then on the last drive he was running hard and then on the last series, he is on the sideline. No, I'm not his father or a relative but just a fan that can't figure out why they won't run him!!!!! He was there best runner in the second half and he is not even in the game in crucial situations. Kid has to be totally frustrated.

SOC play starts this week and they should run the table until they play West. That will be a tough one out there.
Yeah I gotta agree with you on #2 not even being on field on that last 4th down call. Young man has ran really hard this year. Oh well🤷‍♂️ It’s on to Soc play and the Minford Falcons. Good Game Jackson. Winters was as advertised. Jackson always Class act- the fans and the program which is no surprise. Hope these two team will continue to meet in the future.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:26 am

my guess is Lattimore's conditioning isn't up to par.

biggest problem with this game was kicking the 4th FG when you were up 1 score, to stay up 1 score. Doesn't make sense when Burg had just drove like 75 yards down the field. Take the points/FGs in the first half -- second half you gotta go for the kill.

Return to “Football”