Eastern Meigs 27 - 14 Trimble 2022

Watertown
Waterboy

Re: WEEK 7 THIMBLE @ EASTERN

Post by Watertown »

Superman wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:12 am I will say this. If Eastern does put a running clock on the Cats, enjoy it. Take a lot of pictures. It's early in the decade to get your one win.
They haven't had one since the 90's have they? I was told the last time Eastern beat Trimble was 1995.

Tee Higgins
Riding the Bench

Post by Tee Higgins »

Watertown wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:35 am
Tee Higgins wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:21 am Waterford will win the Hocking. Week 9 vs. Trimble will decide it.
That's what I'm saying. We might "beat the brakes off of" both the other two. Eastern has played no one and Trimble hasn't beaten anyone. Who crowned them kings?
I know you're a tad biased but it's nice to someone apply some logic on here. Shenandoah is a solid team and Waterford hung with them. Held their offense in check for the most part. Eastern has played truly awful teams and although Trimble has played 3 good teams they aren't the same ole Trimble this year. We'll see what happens tn with ND, very intriguing match up.

There's three things in life that's certain: Death, taxes, and 85 will always be open.
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

You idiots can't even spell Trimble. We are the Tomcats and we'll beat the brakes off of Waterford you just wait and see. We might not be as good as usual but we'll be fine once we get in the Hocking Division. We do realize that we will get cheated when we go to Eastern but at least we won't be getting cheated at Waterford too. Our boys will play hard no matter what so you better be ready.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Watertown wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:29 pm
Superman wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:12 am I will say this. If Eastern does put a running clock on the Cats, enjoy it. Take a lot of pictures. It's early in the decade to get your one win.
They haven't had one since the 90's have they? I was told the last time Eastern beat Trimble was 1995.
2000 eastern won 34-6

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:00 pm
2000 eastern won 34-6
Yes and 22 years is way too long. The Eagles will get revenge in three weeks. Gonna be some sad wee cats after they get pantsed at East Shade River.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:17 pm

2000 eastern won 34-6
I wouldn’t get to excited about being 3-0 , the 3 opponents only win was against south gallia

Yes and 22 years is way too long. The Eagles will get revenge in three weeks. Gonna be some sad wee cats after they get pantsed at East Shade River.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:22 pm
thirtyonetrap wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:17 pm

2000 eastern won 34-6
I wouldn’t get to excited about being 3-0 , the 3 opponents only win was against south gallia

You'll see soon enough bub. You don't know how great our staff is this year. Won't be nuthin but tears and bareareses for the wee cats after the game.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Thimble will probably be 1-5 coming into this game and the Eagles will be 5-1 at worst. With Thimble coming off of their first win and Eastern possibly their first loss will that make a difference? Thoughts?

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:38 am Thimble will probably be 1-5 coming into this game and the Eagles will be 5-1 at worst. With Thimble coming off of their first win and Eastern possibly their first loss will that make a difference? Thoughts?
Trimble is still the best team in the Hocking until proven otherwise. Easter would be 0-5 and would have 5 running clocks put on them if they had Trimble's first 5 game schedule. We'll beat the brakes off of you pretenders on our way to another TVC Hocking Championship.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:34 am
thirtyonetrap wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:38 am Thimble will probably be 1-5 coming into this game and the Eagles will be 5-1 at worst. With Thimble coming off of their first win and Eastern possibly their first loss will that make a difference? Thoughts?
Trimble is still the best team in the Hocking until proven otherwise. Easter would be 0-5 and would have 5 running clocks put on them if they had Trimble's first 5 game schedule. We'll beat the brakes off of you pretenders on our way to another TVC Hocking Championship.
We already have your first 4 game films and will get the rest too. So far you look like the furthest thing from a championship team in any league. The brake beating will be suffered by your team in this one. If you think you've faced physical teams already wait until the Eagles smack you in the mouth. No working on the passing game in this one, you'll be passing out of desperation. But it won't be easy for your QB to pass while he's spending the game on his back.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Unfortunately I don't think the Cats can handle Eastern this year. If Eastern gets past Waterford the Hocking is their's to lose. The TVC as a whole is down this year including the Hocking and Trimble is anemic on offense and struggling on defense. For sure that helps Eastern.

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

This staff has done a good job with a full cabinet left by the previous staff. Anybody could coach this group to .500. Hell even Arch could have done it.

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

Personally I bet this game doesnt even get played. I bet Thimble plays the Covid Card again so they can avoid getting a runner hung on them in the 4th quarter.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

Lucky Charms wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:02 am Personally I bet this game doesnt even get played. I bet Thimble plays the Covid Card again so they can avoid getting a runner hung on them in the 4th quarter.
I could see that happening. They love to put the runner on other teams but cry when someone hangs one on them. :o

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Lucky Charms wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:02 am Personally I bet this game doesnt even get played. I bet Thimble plays the Covid Card again so they can avoid getting a runner hung on them in the 4th quarter.
I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. They dodged VC last year by pulling out the Covid excuse so if they think they might get embarrassed I'd say they would use it again.

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

One factor that is affecting the demise of Trimble football that everyone is ignoring is the Jr High program. Some years ago they had one of the best Jr High programs in the state with a state champion coach. Then they opted for daddy ball and g'pa ball which was a mess and has led to what is happening this year. What has that produced? 0-4 and staring 0-5 in the face is what it has produced. Thankfully Phil got smart and put a good Jr High staff back in place and got rid of daddy/g'pa ball. This should help improve the whole program over the next few years and get it back to where it has been for the past several years, which is beating up on the Hocking and going deep into the playoffs. :mrgreen:

Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

All you eastern fans, just a heads up. If you have a small child, make sure you bring them to the game and get their pictures with the scoreboard. If they are under 10, they might have a chance to see 3 Eastern wins over Trimble in their lifetime. Would be a shame if they don't have a keepsake from the game.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Ain’t it week 5? Y’all are getting a little ahead of yourselves.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

I’d say eastern needs to worry about this week first.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

Superman wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:44 am All you eastern fans, just a heads up. If you have a small child, make sure you bring them to the game and get their pictures with the scoreboard. If they are under 10, they might have a chance to see 3 Eastern wins over Trimble in their lifetime. Would be a shame if they don't have a keepsake from the game.
It’s good that you realize your wee cats are gonna get bareassed against the Eagles. They gonna hang a runner on ya’ll. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”