Eastern Meigs 27 - 14 Trimble 2022

Gray Cat
Varsity

Re: Eastern Meigs 27 - 14 Trimble 2022

Post by Gray Cat »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:46 am This stuff is hard to read. When you consider we arent that far removed from a JH State Track Championship we should be outrunning everyone. have these kids all gone to play soccer. What gives? Maybe getting the coach who won that title back on staff would be a good first move.
Those kids graduated.

Tomcat22
Waterboy

Post by Tomcat22 »

Ttomcat1000+ wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:38 am I wondered when this time would come. This year isn't that much different than most. Special teams are abysmal and little practice time is spent on them. Typical year. Calling the same plays out of the same formations and in the same situations over an over. Now the talent level isn't as great as it has been so those things get exposed. There was a five year run when these things were not happening and playing in a state title game was the result. Someone different calling the plays, special teams were a main focus, the team had discipline ex: no players with their jerseys untucked and hanging below their knees which is the norm now. But things have gone back to the way they were in the 90's and early 2000's and the results are similar to then. The big difference is this year players are quitting and coaches are fighting among themselves. For the sake of the program I hope someone takes charge and gets this thing turned around. Too much tradition to let it hit rock bottom, and it aint to far from that. Go Cats!
I agree that the talent level isn’t a good as it has been in the past, but the cupboard isn’t bare either. I’m not sure what the problem is but I hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later. And as you said, Go Cats!

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

The talent will be back in a year or two and none of this will matter about special teams and discipline and such because they'll be so much better than everyone that the shutouts and running clocks and glory days will be back. In the meantime we need to revamp the schedule and get Miller and Fed Hock back on there and maybe a Crooksville and/or get Wahama back. Get those teams that we used to put runners on every year. That's how you build a program back up by going 10-0 or 9-1 every year and then getting lucky in the playoffs. Go Cats! :mrgreen:

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

This should be Trimble's pre conference schedule in the near future. Would love to see this.

NY
Miller
Fed Hock
Millersport
Crooksville

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

RadioLady wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:46 am
fortdawg wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:17 am
thirtyonetrap wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:42 am

So you and Barry agree that it wasn’t Phil’s coaching that made them successful. That’s what we said, it was that he had more talent. Thanks for the confirmation.
You amuse me also, the part where I said he built a dynasty just sort of flew past you didn't it? :)
Hey, Eastern is having a great year for them.
Enjoy it, which can be done without running other programs down...especially programs you beat every decade or two. :)

i see where you are going with all of this FartDawg. Like you, I fiond Phil to be a BIG sexy handsome man. Stop being scared and go ask him out. I know I would date him.
Yea Fartdawg ask him out. With a name like yours you have to be a plus size so that should be no problem because anyone that knows Phil knows how he likes the heavies. If I can hook up with Jimmie B3 we can double after the game and give them boys a chance to work out some of that aggression they been building up all season with their two teams losing so much. It'll be a great stress reliever for them and a good night for us. Lets do it.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:47 pm
RadioLady wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:46 am
fortdawg wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:17 am

You amuse me also, the part where I said he built a dynasty just sort of flew past you didn't it? :)
Hey, Eastern is having a great year for them.
Enjoy it, which can be done without running other programs down...especially programs you beat every decade or two. :)

i see where you are going with all of this FartDawg. Like you, I fiond Phil to be a BIG sexy handsome man. Stop being scared and go ask him out. I know I would date him.
Yea Fartdawg ask him out. With a name like yours you have to be a plus size so that should be no problem because anyone that knows Phil knows how he likes the heavies. If I can hook up with Jimmie B3 we can double after the game and give them boys a chance to work out some of that aggression they been building up all season with their two teams losing so much. It'll be a great stress reliever for them and a good night for us. Lets do it.
:lol:

Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

Hard to believe that Trimble has fallen so far down. Now all those teams they ran the score up on and bragged about shutting out are enjoying what's happening with them now. Just shows it pays to be humble because if you're not it will always come back to bite you.

Living the dream in Middleport Metro
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Blue Tartan wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:42 am Hard to believe that Trimble has fallen so far down. Now all those teams they ran the score up on and bragged about shutting out are enjoying what's happening with them now. Just shows it pays to be humble because if you're not it will always come back to bite you.
Hey it's not running the score up when you're "just working on our passing game." Even if it is in the 4th quarter when you're up by 40+. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

K00ND0GGER wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:40 pm This should be Trimble's pre conference schedule in the near future. Would love to see this.

NY
Miller
Fed Hock
Millersport
Crooksville
:mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Tomcat22 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:33 pm
Ttomcat1000+ wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:38 am I wondered when this time would come. This year isn't that much different than most. Special teams are abysmal and little practice time is spent on them. Typical year. Calling the same plays out of the same formations and in the same situations over an over. Now the talent level isn't as great as it has been so those things get exposed. There was a five year run when these things were not happening and playing in a state title game was the result. Someone different calling the plays, special teams were a main focus, the team had discipline ex: no players with their jerseys untucked and hanging below their knees which is the norm now. But things have gone back to the way they were in the 90's and early 2000's and the results are similar to then. The big difference is this year players are quitting and coaches are fighting among themselves. For the sake of the program I hope someone takes charge and gets this thing turned around. Too much tradition to let it hit rock bottom, and it aint to far from that. Go Cats!
I agree that the talent level isn’t a good as it has been in the past, but the cupboard isn’t bare either. I’m not sure what the problem is but I hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later. And as you said, Go Cats!
Agree, and looks like it has been "fixed" from what I'm seeing and hearing. Go CATS!

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 7 Trimble @ EASTERN

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

MichaelMichaelson wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:17 pm
Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:46 pm There is no longer any point in dodging this topic in the way Thimble usually dodges Vinton County. This game is the next and only game that matters for any Hocking Division team. It’s the biggest game in my time tracking Eastern Football since the 1995 season when Eastern “bare-assed” the Cats. Can’t wait to host another “Better Dead than Red” game at East Shade River Stadium. Let me give my prediction and then you guys can go ahead and get with the discussion of this game.

Eastern 40
Thimble 0

Running clock baby!
There is no chance the silly eagles can dethrone the great Trimble Tomcats. Eastern will be lucky to score on this years team. They figured it all out and left southern with a better victory than eastern has had all season. The final score will be Trimble: 76 Eastern 0.
That did not age well.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:24 am
Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:46 pm There is no longer any point in dodging this topic in the way Thimble usually dodges Vinton County. This game is the next and only game that matters for any Hocking Division team. It’s the biggest game in my time tracking Eastern Football since the 1995 season when Eastern “bare-assed” the Cats. Can’t wait to host another “Better Dead than Red” game at East Shade River Stadium. Let me give my prediction and then you guys can go ahead and get with the discussion of this game.

Eastern 40
Thimble 0

Running clock baby!
There is no chance the silly eagles can dethrone the great Trimble Tomcats. Eastern will be lucky to score on this years team. They figured it all out and left southern with a better victory than eastern has had all season. The final score will be Trimble: 76 Eastern 0.
That did not age well.
The 40-0 prediction or the 76-0 prediction?

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

icanpickem wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:42 am
Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:24 am

That did not age well.
The 40-0 prediction or the 76-0 prediction?
Neither or both. :mrgreen:

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

efarns wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:39 pm
Muffler wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:15 pm
thirtyonetrap wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:53 pm

I sure hope you are right about the "new additions" because after tonight I have to become a Thimble fan against Waterturd. :mrgreen:
I've never seen so many grown adults get upset fighting for second place lmao
Truest post on the thread
And yet you’re doing the same this week fighting for 3rd or 4th place. 😂

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:57 am
Muffler wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:15 pm

I've never seen so many grown adults get upset fighting for second place lmao
Yep because 3rd or 4th in the state is the same as 3rd or 4th in the tvc hocking. Lol

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:55 pm

Yep because 3rd or 4th in the state is the same as 3rd or 4th in the tvc hocking. Lol
Hey look, the Eastern stalker is back. Where ya been? Didn’t see you supporting your 4th place team recently. 😂

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:37 pm

Hey look, the Eastern stalker is back. Where ya been? Didn’t see you supporting your 4th place team recently. 😂
For some reason I got banned. Maybe because they didn't want me being able to collect the grand I should've won. Guess it's ok to belittle and call schools by wrong names and say they cheat. But not ok for what I did whatever it was.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:40 pm
For some reason I got banned. Maybe because they didn't want me being able to collect the grand I should've won. Guess it's ok to belittle and call schools by wrong names and say they cheat. But not ok for what I did whatever it was.
Prolly because of your trolling. Whatever the reason it couldn’t have happened to a better guy. From what I saw you said it correctly, that you “should’ve won” the grand but you didn’t have the “nads” to show up and bet. Maybe you having no nads is what got you banned? 😂

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:39 pm

Prolly because of your trolling. Whatever the reason it couldn’t have happened to a better guy. From what I saw you said it correctly, that you “should’ve won” the grand but you didn’t have the “nads” to show up and bet. Maybe you having no nads is what got you banned? 😂
Got banned that day, so even if I wanted to couldn't have contacted anyone. BTW, how did that Waterford game go? Can't remember which of us got that prediction correct?

Also, not really trolling. Don't like Eastern, and really hate what you call Waterford and ff but I understand the jealousy. Shows how smart eastern is when they wouldn't let Burdette come back to coach. Anyways, keep up the non informative banter and troll on.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:45 pm
thirtyonetrap wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:39 pm
Got banned that day, so even if I wanted to couldn't have contacted anyone. BTW, how did that Waterford game go? Can't remember which of us got that prediction correct?

Also, not really trolling. Don't like Eastern, and really hate what you call Waterford and ff but I understand the jealousy. Shows how smart eastern is when they wouldn't let Burdette come back to coach. Anyways, keep up the non informative banter and troll on.
Nice excuse. And I think we know who the troll is. The one who got banned for being a troll. 😂

Return to “Football”