How do y’all think Coal Grove will be this year

HEO&FFCG05
Waterboy

How do y’all think Coal Grove will be this year

Post by HEO&FFCG05 »

What do you all think of Coal Grove football this year? And how there season has been thus far

RollCoal
JV Team

Re: How do y’all think Coal Grove will be this year

Post by RollCoal »

Season has been pretty good so far. I think they start out 5-0, wind up at 6-4 or 7-3. Having Portsmouth, Gallia, Ironton, and Fairland all in a row is tough. I’m not saying they can’t win any of those games. It’s just the brutal part of their schedule. Wins against any of those 4 will definitely help in the playoff picture as far as seeding is concerned. 1 DIV, 2 DV, and 1 DVI school that have winning records that will garner some computer points.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Weeks 7 and 8 will tell a lot of how good Coal Grove truly is. Gallia beat Meigs by a lot, Coal Grove struggled defensively. Ironton is self-explanatory.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

OVC wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:20 am Weeks 7 and 8 will tell a lot of how good Coal Grove truly is. Gallia beat Meigs by a lot, Coal Grove struggled defensively. Ironton is self-explanatory.
Coal Grove struggled in the first half defensively but make adjustments at halftime and shut Meigs down.Gallia should be a really good game I still don’t know if they can even shut Coal Grove offense down. And even before those 2 games you have Portsmouth which should be another good game

Kirtland8O
Waterboy

Post by Kirtland8O »

You barely beat Meigs. Slow your roll.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Take it easy on HEO. Just asked a simple question. Don't think he meant they're probably going to the state finals. And BTW 61-34 is not barely beating anyone.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I think CG will be fighting for 3rd, not sure they have enough to surpass Fairland for 2.

Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

Kirtland8O wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:51 pm You barely beat Meigs. Slow your roll.
Why don’t you worry about northern Ohio and let us worry bout southeastern since you think 61-34 is barely winning

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Team ovc wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:38 pm
Kirtland8O wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:51 pm You barely beat Meigs. Slow your roll.
Why don’t you worry about northern Ohio and let us worry bout southeastern since you think 61-34 is barely winning
61 - 34 is a 3 + TD blowout. Dont matter where you are from.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:33 pm I think CG will be fighting for 3rd, not sure they have enough to surpass Fairland for 2.
After Portsmouths showing vs SV I will go out on a limb and say at least 4th. I'll take the Trojans by at least 13 over CG.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:33 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:33 pm I think CG will be fighting for 3rd, not sure they have enough to surpass Fairland for 2.
After Portsmouths showing vs SV I will go out on a limb and say at least 4th. I'll take the Trojans by at least 13 over CG.
Yeah I considered that but right now I just need more consistency from the Trojans. I figure it’s CG or Trojans for 3-4

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:35 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:33 pm
Yeah I considered that but right now I just need more consistency from the Trojans. I figure it’s CG or Trojans for 3-4
Agree on that.

Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

Theee game I was being sarcastic cause he said CG barely beat Meigs I realize it’s a 3+ score game

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

I watched the entire game and I realize what the final was but do you realize it was it was 42-34 at halftime and 42-34 at the end of 3? Yeah CG scored 19 in the 4th but Meigs looked worn down and maybe some injuries. This was a dog fight for 3 quarters, could have been a different game if Meigs wouldn’t have dug such a huge hole in the 1st. I definitely wouldn’t call this a “BLOWOUT”

Pointerdog11
Waterboy

Post by Pointerdog11 »

Better not over look the rest of ovc it’s proven they can’t defend pass giving up lots of points an yards to mediocre at best competition. Not saying they can’t beat the other teams cause the hall kid is good.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I can see Coal grove going 8-2 with a little work with their Defense gallia Fairland and Portsmouth are games yhey could win not saying they will but could.
Portsmouth's D seems to hit or miss.
Fairland is a ovc rivalry game.
And Gallia will be a fun high scoring game I think.
I could see them going 2-1 in those 3 games.
Ironton should beat them fairly easy and that is no slight against Coal Grove as a team just a different beast is all.

HEO&FFCG05
Waterboy

Post by HEO&FFCG05 »

Team ovc wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:34 pm
OVC wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:20 am Weeks 7 and 8 will tell a lot of how good Coal Grove truly is. Gallia beat Meigs by a lot, Coal Grove struggled defensively. Ironton is self-explanatory.
Coal Grove struggled in the first half defensively but make adjustments at halftime and shut Meigs down.Gallia should be a really good game I still don’t know if they can even shut Coal Grove offense down. And even before those 2 games you have Portsmouth which should be another good game

HEO&FFCG05
Waterboy

Post by HEO&FFCG05 »

dime-a-dozen wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:46 pm I watched the entire game and I realize what the final was but do you realize it was it was 42-34 at halftime and 42-34 at the end of 3? Yeah CG scored 19 in the 4th but Meigs looked worn down and maybe some injuries. This was a dog fight for 3 quarters, could have been a different game if Meigs wouldn’t have dug such a huge hole in the 1st. I definitely wouldn’t call this a “BLOWOUT”
No they changed there defensive scheme a lot coming out of the half because they did some stuff that was not on the game plan in the first. It’s why they didn’t score anymore in the last half. And they only had 1 injured player who didn’t keep playing. The rest went back in after a couple plays. And that’s there fault for being tired. They weren’t because they run a lot during Monday’s to so we’re not tired in the last half. And we try and only run people on one side of the ball so that helps too

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

dime-a-dozen wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:46 pm I watched the entire game and I realize what the final was but do you realize it was it was 42-34 at halftime and 42-34 at the end of 3? Yeah CG scored 19 in the 4th but Meigs looked worn down and maybe some injuries. This was a dog fight for 3 quarters, could have been a different game if Meigs wouldn’t have dug such a huge hole in the 1st. I definitely wouldn’t call this a “BLOWOUT”
"halftime", "3 quarters", "could have", "if", "worn down", "maybe some injuries', "wouldn't have"....LOL they gave up 61 points and scored 34 in a 4 quarter game, division 6 vs 5; that's a blowout...end of story.
Last edited by OVCFan1 on Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

And they gave up 421 yards; to 1 guy!!!

Return to “Football”