Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Re: Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:34 pm I’d like to see the % of southern Ohio people that put more importance into sports than education compared to other parts of Ohio and also the U.S.

I know this is a high school sports forum of southern ohio…but still.
Well, the % of people in the workforce in seo with a BA or above is considerably low unfortunately. Maybe that improves eventually.I have encountered a lot of resentment in seo for education and upward mobility. Never quite understood it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:44 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:34 pm I’d like to see the % of southern Ohio people that put more importance into sports than education compared to other parts of Ohio and also the U.S.

Well, the % of people in the workforce in seo with a BA or above is considerably low unfortunately. Maybe that improves eventually.I have encountered a lot of resentment in seo for education and upward mobility. Never quite understood it.
I don’t need them to have a bachelor’s degree…I’m happy if they are working, but also understand sports aren’t the most important thing in the world. It’s not just one or two schools, it’s rampant across Appalachia and southern Ohio.

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Carrico was a 4 star prospect ranking high both nationally and in state. He was offered by the best (OSU, Bama, Clemson). Obviously he was considered to have what it takes to compete on this level. It's only his 2nd year at OSU. My point is its possible that he gets permanently buried on the depth chart, it's also entirely possible that he excels on the field. Still plenty of time for a redshirt freshman to get it done.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

In SEO, education better be first. The little to no opportunities for high paying blue color jobs are few. The reality is many D1 players dont see the field and most never make it to Sunday afternoon.

Get your education, FIRST! Go do great things in the real world.

Best wishes to all kids following their dreams.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Carrico in my opinion would be better off transferring to a middle of the road div1 School that will provide him a top- notch free education while giving him a chance to compete on the field...Why take a chance of never seeing the field in 5 years at Ohio St with his talent, when he can play somewhere else.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

My opinion is that the kid is far smarter than I am (and likely most posters on this thread) and he’s got a plan and knows what he’s doing. Going 5-6 in the MAC and compiling a couple hundred tackles over the next few years might not be a great as being a member of the Buckeyes football team.

I have no idea though as I played 1 year of basketball at Urbana and never saw the court when it mattered. Probably comparable or better sadly than most on here commenting.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Cade Stover from Lexington, Ohio is finally getting his shot in his fourth year at Ohio State. He was Mr. Football in Ohio. I saw him and Carrico both play in high school numerous times. Stover played against my nephew who played at Millersburg West Holmes. Stover is one of most athletic kids I have ever seen on a football field. He is just now getting his shot as they switched him to Tight End.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

You simply won't see div 5 ohio football players make it in the world of collage football. Most quit or get lost in the shadow of better football players.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I actually didn’t get a job just because I’m from scioto county. I was living in Columbus and they actually told me he won’t hire people from here.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:58 pm I actually didn’t get a job just because I’m from scioto county. I was living in Columbus and they actually told me he won’t hire people from here.
That’s silly….depending on 99% of jobs

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Carrico is lost in the shuffle with the addition of Knowles at Defendive Coordinator. Basically 7 DBs on the field at all times isn’t gonna make it in the Big 10.

He should probably stick it out another season and play for the next guy.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:56 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:44 pm

I don’t need them to have a bachelor’s degree…I’m happy if they are working, but also understand sports aren’t the most important thing in the world. It’s not just one or two schools, it’s rampant across Appalachia and southern Ohio.
Very true.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

FIDO wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:09 pm In SEO, education better be first. The little to no opportunities for high paying blue color jobs are few. The reality is many D1 players dont see the field and most never make it to Sunday afternoon.

Get your education, FIRST! Go do great things in the real world.

Best wishes to all kids following their dreams.
Very well said.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

mackdog wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:04 pm Carrico was a 4 star prospect ranking high both nationally and in state. He was offered by the best (OSU, Bama, Clemson). Obviously he was considered to have what it takes to compete on this level. It's only his 2nd year at OSU. My point is its possible that he gets permanently buried on the depth chart, it's also entirely possible that he excels on the field. Still plenty of time for a redshirt freshman to get it done.
Quite possibly.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:58 pm I actually didn’t get a job just because I’m from scioto county. I was living in Columbus and they actually told me he won’t hire people from here.
Sounds like a human resources nightmare. Surprised he admitted that blatantly.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

mrwonderful wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:58 pm Carrico in my opinion would be better off transferring to a middle of the road div1 School that will provide him a top- notch free education while giving him a chance to compete on the field...Why take a chance of never seeing the field in 5 years at Ohio St with his talent, when he can play somewhere else.
I don't know if I would pull that trigger just yet.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:27 pm Carrico is lost in the shuffle with the addition of Knowles at Defendive Coordinator. Basically 7 DBs on the field at all times isn’t gonna make it in the Big 10.

Knowles defense looks to have them improved. He's not gonna go anywhere for a couple years. Even if he did a 3rd dC and a 3rd system in 3 years doesn't sound ideally desirable I would venture to guess.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:27 pm Carrico is lost in the shuffle with the addition of Knowles at Defendive Coordinator. Basically 7 DBs on the field at all times isn’t gonna make it in the Big 10.

Also, only a cpl teams in the b10 play the old power run slow ball game anymore. We will only see them use 3 lbs a few times this year and I would guess a lot would be situational.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Bozo wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:46 pm Cade Stover from Lexington, Ohio is finally getting his shot in his fourth year at Ohio State. He was Mr. Football in Ohio. I saw him and Carrico both play in high school numerous times. Stover played against my nephew who played at Millersburg West Holmes. Stover is one of most athletic kids I have ever seen on a football field. He is just now getting his shot as they switched him to Tight End.
Good points regarding Stovers path. One thing that concerns me early about Reid is he is not even getting special teams reps.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:36 pm
Sounds like a human resources nightmare. Surprised he admitted that blatantly.
Yeah he was just very blunt it was a job in IT he asked where my high school was from and when I told him the whole thing just went weird and he was really rude after that he was joking about the drug problems and said that scioto county gave Ohio a bad reputation

Return to “Football”