Jackson 41 - 35 Western Brown 2022

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Jackson 41 - 35 Western Brown 2022

Post by Ironman92 »

No rest for the Ironmen. Two tough losses and a lot to fix. Coach Hall and staff and players will be full go at it this week in practice. I think Jackson comes out fire hot like vs Ironton. They have to push and be focused every play for 4 quarters. I think we’ll see the most focused product in a while. This game still has the makings of a barn burner.

Western Brown is the favorite….I don’t think they are going to like this game as much as most might think.

Go Ironmen!

Ironmen34
Varsity

Re: Jackson (1-2) vs Western Brown (3-0)

Post by Ironmen34 »

Jackson better have a come to Jesus moment this week

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:37 pm No rest for the Ironmen. Two tough losses and a lot to fix. Coach Hall and staff and players will be full go at it this week in practice. I think Jackson comes out fire hot like vs Ironton. They have to push and be focused every play for 4 quarters. I think we’ll see the most focused product in a while. This game still has the makings of a barn burner.

Western Brown is the favorite….I don’t think they are going to like this game as much as most might think.

Go Ironmen!
It doesn't matter who the favorite is. This is simple. If Jackson turns the ball over 5 times like they have been, they lose. You can x and o, practice all day, lift, prepare mentally, out hit, etc. Turnovers kill.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:46 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:37 pm No rest for the Ironmen. Two tough losses and a lot to fix. Coach Hall and staff and players will be full go at it this week in practice. I think Jackson comes out fire hot like vs Ironton. They have to push and be focused every play for 4 quarters. I think we’ll see the most focused product in a while. This game still has the makings of a barn burner.

Go Ironmen!
It doesn't matter who the favorite is. This is simple. If Jackson turns the ball over 5 times like they have been, they lose. You can x and o, practice all day, lift, prepare mentally, out hit, etc. Turnovers kill.
Assuming that is one of the key focuses

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Wb 38
Jax 24

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Is this a game Jackson tries to ground and pound? I don’t think so. Is this a game Jackson tries to use the run to set up the pass? Maybe. Use the pass to open up the run? Maybe. Spread it out 4 or 5 wide and hit quick passes? Maybe

The tendency might be to control the clock and have long drives to keep Novak off of the field…but that can’t be done with offensive penalties and turnovers. I believe they will greatly improve on their turnovers and penalties and I think Jackson comes out and busts it down the field the first half. I think in the 2nd half WB makes adjustments….which will open up something else…maybe the run maybe the deep ball….maybe the keeper. I’m guessing the big boys step up and I’m guessing others step in and make a play or two as well.

Jackson at 1-3? Doesn’t sound right, be ready for a great Friday at Alumni Stadium. Being pumped won’t win…being great will.

Go Jackson! Be great!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Go Ironmen!

Spot on ! What’s scary is what happens when the turnovers are cleaned up.

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Same situation as a year ago. Play a clean game and Jackson can win. Fumble the ball all night and WB puts a running clock on them. That should be motivation enough to put a focus on ball security!!!

Maga2022
Waterboy

Post by Maga2022 »

This team displayed a lot of heart last night and left it all on the field. Of the 6 teams I have seen this year, Jackson players play with all their heart. Not even close comparison. Yes miscues killed them. But for the love of God, if your Qb is going to play all game at Qb and safety at least run some plays in so he doesn't have to run to the sideline all game. That young man had nothing left in the tank the last few minutes of the game.
I don't have a dog in the fight just an observation. I am going to this game just because these players play with all heart. You don't find that very often in sports. Kudos to the young men of Jackson.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:15 pm

Go Ironmen!

Exactly I thought Jackson would beat Ironton and Tri Valley by 2 touchdowns. Without turnovers, they were 2 tds better, IMO. But that's how it goes.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:54 pm

Exactly I thought Jackson would beat Ironton and Tri Valley by 2 touchdowns. Without turnovers, they were 2 tds better, IMO. But that's how it goes.

Agree , Jackson is playing by far the toughest schedule in the area. It gets no easier. Jackson will be ready to roll week 6. Wait and see.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

I had Chillicothe winning last night . That’s why they play the game.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:00 pm

Agree , Jackson is playing by far the toughest schedule in the area. It gets no easier. Jackson will be ready to roll week 6. Wait and see.
I’d hope so in the FAC

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Jimbob2023 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:16 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:00 pm

I’d hope so in the FAC
Chillicothe and Courthouse are good teams. But I agree , we got the best quarterback we’ve had in a while , turn him loose.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

My buddy went to scout this game as Chillicothe obviously squares off with Jackson later on but a decent chance to face one of them in the playoffs also. He said he knows Jackson is the favorite and their schedule is tough, but he came away wondering what they do well? He said run defense is solid and a few high end players. Said he wishes they played them way before week 10.

I watch the Ironton game online and I think Jackson has the ability to give Western Brown a run for their money.

Western Brown 42-34

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ed Ott wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:18 pm My buddy went to scout this game as Chillicothe obviously squares off with Jackson later on but a decent chance to face one of them in the playoffs also. He said he knows Jackson is the favorite and their schedule is tough, but he came away wondering what they do well? He said run defense is solid and a few high end players. Said he wishes they played them way before week 10.

I watch the Ironton game online and I think Jackson has the ability to give Western Brown a run for their money.

Western Brown 42-34
Jackson is not the favorite vs western brown. Chillicothe should beat Jackson this year. Hopefully we improve before we play you guys

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Western Brown 49
Jackson 42

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jackson needs to shorten the game. Ball control without mistakes.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Western Brown and Jackson played in some good ones last year, I'm just one that's never been impressed with Jackson's ability to stop the pass see the Ironton game. Western Brown has a far superior QB than Ironton does, Jackson's offense has cranked it up this year looks like they're doing a bit more passing themselves but are they getting away from who they truly are? Look for another close game but I like Western Brown by 2 scores in this one, 49-35.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Crucial game for JHS, depending on the outcome it could swing the season one way or the other. Hoping they pull it out. Good luck.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Football”