Belpre football

TigerFan15
Riding the Bench

Re: Belpre football

Post by TigerFan15 »

BJCassady - your point #4 is the one thing that most often breaks down the process in ultimately hiring a quality coach for long term success. This is the first post I’ve seen that truly speaks to the need to offer a full time position based on the needs of the district to as compared to just hiring someone solely as a coach.

At Marietta, we’ve not done that for I’d say the last two decades. It used to be that people who wanted to be a coach first, obtained an education degree as a way of getting into the system that affords them the greatest opportunity to be a coach. I’m not saying a district should require its coaches to be teachers. I’m just saying that typically when another full time position within a district goes hand in hand with the desired coaching position, the likelihood of success is far greater. We just hired Austin Gardner as our new boys basketball coach late last spring. Kudos to our administration and board for recognizing that by tying a full time position along with the basketball position was the absolute best way possible to recruit and hire a quality coach for the foreseeable future. In Coach Gardners case, a new position was created and titled “Student Success Coordinator.” Talk about aligning the right person to the right job!

I genuinely hope Belpre finds the right candidate for their district. We all need more programs in Washington County and SE Ohio to be successful.

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

Pat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:41 pm
Warriors321 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:09 am
Pat wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:19 am

I got “defensive”? You just wrote a multiple paragraph rant. Now that’s defensive LOL. And that’s very telling about your “motive” and as you said it’s not uncommon. You clearly have a friend involved, or maybe it’s you, and you’re butt hurt about it so offer up a defense of your buddy or yourself or whoever it is. You seem reluctant to do that. Just to enlighten you a bit, when someone says a coach has been more successful than another that typically means they’ve won more games and built and/or lead better programs. If someone states that a coach has been very successful that typically means they’ve won a lot and led very successful teams and programs. But I think you know that and your butt hurtness just has you lashing out at anyone who disagrees with you and/or your buddy. And that certainly undermines your credibility. But don’t stay butt hurt buddy. It’s not worth all that is it? 😬
You are proving his point. You defended none of your points on your mystery candidates who are lining up to take this job.
You not read much? I said they were more successful, had better records, more experience as head coaches and built more successful programs. That’s “defending” my point pretty well IMO. He, and apparently you, think the guy that the AD recruited for the job is the right choice. But neither of you has “defended” your choice. Tell us what you and enigmax, I mean he’s done to make him the right choice.
Considering he is the only name I have actually seen that is legit, I would say he actually applied to take this job. I will believe your side of the story when I see and hear who these coaches are that have been "more successful, had better records, more experience as head coaches and built more successful programs."

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Warriors321 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:04 am
Warriors321 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:09 am

You are proving his point. You defended none of your points on your mystery candidates who are lining up to take this job.
You not read much? I said they were more successful, had better records, more experience as head coaches and built more successful programs. That’s “defending” my point pretty well IMO. He, and apparently you, think the guy that the AD recruited for the job is the right choice. But neither of you has “defended” your choice. Tell us what you and enigmax, I mean he’s done to make him the right choice.
Considering he is the only name I have actually seen that is legit, I would say he actually applied to take this job. I will believe your side of the story when I see and hear who these coaches are that have been "more successful, had better records, more experience as head coaches and built more successful programs."
LOL is this some kind of circular logic you’re trying here? Or is it more of moving the goalposts? I know several people who applied. I’m not going to name them because it’s not my place to name them. And don’t care if you “believe my side “ or not and to be honest I know you’re never going to admit it because you’re buddy either got the job or he’s the one who hired the guy who got the job. So you’ll just keep the circle going and after the one question that will convince you is answered you’ll ask another. It’s comical with folks like you who are so easily figured out.😂

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

Pat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:45 am

LOL is this some kind of circular logic you’re trying here? Or is it more of moving the goalposts? I know several people who applied. I’m not going to name them because it’s not my place to name them. And don’t care if you “believe my side “ or not and to be honest I know you’re never going to admit it because you’re buddy either got the job or he’s the one who hired the guy who got the job. So you’ll just keep the circle going and after the one question that will convince you is answered you’ll ask another. It’s comical with folks like you who are so easily figured out.😂
Buddy all I am is curious about these coaches who are that applied

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

Man
Lots of Warren people following this thread
My bet is that you guys are worried that Belpre might do something right and put your mediocre football program in danger of a loss in week 1
Fear the Wing T
Coach Kevin “Enigmaax” Welch is gonna cram that ball down your throat

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Warriors321 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:17 pm
Pat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:45 am
Buddy all I am is curious about these coaches who are that applied
Ask your buddy the AD who they are.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:30 pm Man
My bet is that you guys are worried that Belpre might do something right and put your mediocre football program in danger of a loss in week 1
Fear the Wing T
I heard he’s reached out to two of the candidates who actually applied for the job and asked one to call the offense and the other the defense. Great move by him if he can pull it off because both of those coaches have more experience and better records than he does.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Fear the Wing T
I worried if Belpre wins the toss, whether we accept the ball or defer. Warren should be really good this year if everyone returns and stays healthy.

JBsezBELIEVE
Waterboy

Post by JBsezBELIEVE »

Belpre can do nothing but improve. Coach Kevin will see to it.
Last edited by JBsezBELIEVE on Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Pat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:39 pm
Fear the Wing T
I heard he’s reached out to two of the candidates who actually applied for the job and asked one to call the offense and the other the defense. Great move by him if he can pull it off because both of those coaches have more experience and better records than he does.
Maybe he should be offically hired first. Remember, someone was suppose to be hired two years ago at a BOE meeting but Big M didn't like him and Bell was hired instead.

JBsezBELIEVE
Waterboy

Post by JBsezBELIEVE »

Fletchlives wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:16 pm
Pat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:39 pm
Fear the Wing T
Maybe he should be offically hired first. Remember, someone was suppose to be hired two years ago at a BOE meeting but Big M didn't like him and Bell was hired instead.
Its February. Wont be much longer now.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

“ You not read much? I said they were more successful, had better records, more experience as head coaches and built more successful programs. That’s “defending” my point pretty well IMO. He, and apparently you, think the guy that the AD recruited for the job is the right choice. But neither of you has “defended” your choice. Tell us what you and enigmax, I mean he’s done to make him the right choice.”

Lol, I get it, Pat. You don’t know anything about who applied. You could have just said that.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

enigmaax wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:30 pm “ You not read much? I said they were more successful, had better records, more experience as head coaches and built more successful programs. That’s “defending” my point pretty well IMO. He, and apparently you, think the guy that the AD recruited for the job is the right choice. But neither of you has “defended” your choice. Tell us what you and enigmax, I mean he’s done to make him the right choice.”

Lol, I get it, Pat. You don’t know anything about who applied. You could have just said that.
Hey Coach! Good to see you on here. I have some great fundraising ideas that you could use to help the Belpre football program get some much needed momentum.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

And by the way, Congrats on your new gig coaching the young men here in Belpre. From what I hear, you really know the Wing T. Hope it is a good fit for our boys.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

The fact of the matter is, no matter who Belpre hires, whether it is Kevin Welsh or its one of these mystery candidates who apparently have won everywhere they have been, they're going to have a monumental task of turning that program around

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:18 pm And by the way, Congrats on your new gig coaching the young men here in Belpre. From what I hear, you really know the Wing T. Hope it is a good fit for our boys.
Wait til you see my spin on the Wing T; I call it the Webfoot S. Much more aerial-oriented and not as much misdirection. It’s basically slow developing post routes, but with 4 TEs, you just never know which one isn’t an eligible receiver.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:17 pm
enigmaax wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:30 pm “ You not read much? I said they were more successful, had better records, more experience as head coaches and built more successful programs. That’s “defending” my point pretty well IMO. He, and apparently you, think the guy that the AD recruited for the job is the right choice. But neither of you has “defended” your choice. Tell us what you and enigmax, I mean he’s done to make him the right choice.”

Hey Coach! Good to see you on here. I have some great fundraising ideas that you could use to help the Belpre football program get some much needed momentum.
If it ain’t selling Omaha Steaks, GTFO.

LeftHandedCoach
Waterboy

Post by LeftHandedCoach »

enigmaax wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:21 pm
Eagle Pappaw wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:17 pm

If it ain’t selling Omaha Steaks, GTFO.
I love this thread. Go Belpre

JBsezBELIEVE
Waterboy

Post by JBsezBELIEVE »

any news?

RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

Its good to hear that enigmaax is getting back into coaching. He had some good teams that underperformed at Eastern but my guess is that he will get maximum performance from a better caliber of athlete at Belpre. Eastern will regret this hire.

Return to “Football”