Belpre football

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre football

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

carbon_dated wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:12 pm Belpre scrimmaging at Beallsville tomorrow, but unsure of time. May have to call the high school office and ask for Beth.

Welsch i'm sure got some good advice last season on coach Flannery's staff at River. Anything's better at Belpre than what coached them in '22.
He can get all the advice he wants but there are people from Eastern who still remember how much damage Welch did to our program. Can’t wait to show him what we really think of him when we bareass his team this year. No mercy. :mrgreen:

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Yah, i can't speak about him doing damage to Eastern's program. Was not aware of his coaching history.
I do wish him success to get the Golden Eagles to at least respectability.

MetalheadGamer87
Freshman Team

Post by MetalheadGamer87 »

Was told Belpre scrimmage at Beallsville wasn't all doom n gloom. Did anyone attend?

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

No, I didn't and haven't heard anything about that scrimmage.

I have heard that we have 25 players out this season and that is nearly double from last year's 14. Outstanding improvement!

I also heard that the players are excited with the new coaching staff and things are much better than last season. Lets face it, last season was the worst season in our history. I do not blame the players for the results from last season.

There may be a person or two who are not happy that Coach Welsh coached, some years ago, at Warren or that his overall HC record isn't a winning one or that he has several Asst coaches on his current staff who were from Warren. All I care about is getting coaches who have a sound knowledge of football AND that they can teach that to teenage players. Yes, there are Belpre grads coaching at some various HS in the area but for whatever their reasons are, they have chosen to stay at their present high schools and that is their right and our HC has the right to pick his staff and I hope that we all can support this decision so the boys can have a good year as they work to turn our program around.

We aren't going to win the state championship.

We aren't going to win the TVC championship but maybe we can have some input into who that will be and hopefully we won't finish last in the Hocking this year.

We will win more games this year than last. I hope that we don't play any games with a running clock in the 2nd half because neither team benefits from this scenario.

I hope that we don't have any serious injuries and I hope the same for whomever we play.

Looking forward to this season.

Good luck and good heath to our players

As always....

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Return to “Football”