Belpre football

meatswinger
JV Team

Re: Belpre football

Post by meatswinger »

Steegal wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:21 am
BJCassady wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:49 pm
chrishilton91 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:16 am

Why are they waiting that long since they called all the candidates Monday-Tuesday and stated they offered the position to someone and he accepted? But yet we still don't know who and they kids have to wait even longer. Same ole stuff at Belpre :cry:
To whom did they offer the position to (and accepted) and where was it reported?
Fake news. Must be a troll.
Why would they hire a troll?

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

chrishilton91 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:16 am

Why are they waiting that long since they called all the candidates Monday-Tuesday and stated they offered the position to someone and he accepted? But yet we still don't know who and they kids have to wait even longer. Same ole stuff at Belpre :cry:
To whom did they offer the position to (and accepted) and where was it reported?
Not a troll sir. Know someone who interviewed and the AD called him and said they offered it to someone else.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

meatswinger wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:28 am

Why would they hire a troll?
Could a troll be any worse than what they typically hire? I mean which is worse, or better, a circus clown, used car salesman, or a troll? Tough choice I know. 😂

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

Hold your breath Belpre. Telling you now. Word on the street is that Bell wants back in.

Pittstop Billy
Waterboy

Post by Pittstop Billy »

TheBIG M wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:17 pm I never said J Bell was out of the picture. Until I say it it ain’t so. You can take that to the checkout.
Hmmmmmmmm…. So, is Bell back in? Kind of looks that way. But he did at least keep a team on the field and they did score a touchdown didn’t they, so you got to give him some credit. Did he get the levy to pass?

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Frequent Flyer wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:17 pm Hold your breath Belpre. Telling you now. Word on the street is that Bell wants back in.
If that is the case look for Warren or others close by to get some new kids. Im not sure Belpre would even have enough kids to play the 7-man football Bell wanted.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

What’s so sad about this situation is with the schedule Belpre has this season, they could actually compete and win some games. Start the rebuild of the program and look into the future. No reason to not name a coach at this point.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:22 pm What’s so sad about this situation is with the schedule Belpre has this season, they could actually compete and win some games. Start the rebuild of the program and look into the future. No reason to not name a coach at this point.
First 2 games vs Warren and Fort Frye will be rough.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:23 am
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:22 pm What’s so sad about this situation is with the schedule Belpre has this season, they could actually compete and win some games. Start the rebuild of the program and look into the future. No reason to not name a coach at this point.
First 2 games vs Warren and Fort Frye will be rough.
Those two games would be losses this year regardless of the coach just based on what both teams are bringing back. However, Paden City, Alexander, and Parkersburg Catholic are realistic games they could win if they start working now. The way things have been, 3 wins is a start.

Pittstop Billy
Waterboy

Post by Pittstop Billy »

Pittstop Billy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:19 am
TheBIG M wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:17 pm I never said J Bell was out of the picture. Until I say it it ain’t so. You can take that to the checkout.
Hmmmmmmmm…. So, is Bell back in? Kind of looks that way. But he did at least keep a team on the field and they did score a touchdown didn’t they, so you got to give him some credit. Did he get the levy to pass?
The longer it goes with no word the more this seems likely.

TigerFan15
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFan15 »

Per the Washington County Board of Elections website, the Belpre School Levy was defeated last May by a margin of 52% to 48%. Failed by a measly 86 votes. The 86 votes needed for passage was only 4.47% of the total votes cast. Very doable.

Nothing changed with the leadership of the football program for the fall. Board decides to put the levy back on the ballot. Given the small disparity of votes cast, it was the absolute right thing to do in going back to the voters for approval.

Belpre proceeds to go 0-9. Never had more than 16 players. Outscored 469-16. 3 points scored in game 5 and 13 points scored in game 8. Hard to fathom putting these student-athletes in a situation as dire as this.

Unfortunately, the levy failed for the 9th time on 11/8/22 at 54% to 46%. 251 votes needed for passage which was 7.40% of the total votes cast. An increase of 65% as compared to the spring vote.

This all being said, is it a pretty good leap of faith to say that, yes, the dismal year had by the football program did have negative impact in the second election of 20022? To think it did not, is simply beyond being naive and just refusing to acknowledge as to how low the program has dropped since Mr. Bell became the head coach.

In athletics they say, ball don’t lie. In elections they say, numbers don’t lie.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Pittstop Billy wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:30 am
Pittstop Billy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:19 am
The longer it goes with no word the more this seems likely.
Crazy sheet. Is that district really ran and under total control of one guy that works at the local Kroger?

Bald Eagle
Waterboy

Post by Bald Eagle »

It may very well be ran by KtogerMan and it looks we need a cleaning crew on aisle 9!

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

TigerFan15 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:46 am Per the Washington County Board of Elections website, the Belpre School Levy was defeated last May by a margin of 52% to 48%. Failed by a measly 86 votes. The 86 votes needed for passage was only 4.47% of the total votes cast. Very doable.

Nothing changed with the leadership of the football program for the fall. Board decides to put the levy back on the ballot. Given the small disparity of votes cast, it was the absolute right thing to do in going back to the voters for approval.

Belpre proceeds to go 0-9. Never had more than 16 players. Outscored 469-16. 3 points scored in game 5 and 13 points scored in game 8. Hard to fathom putting these student-athletes in a situation as dire as this.

Unfortunately, the levy failed for the 9th time on 11/8/22 at 54% to 46%. 251 votes needed for passage which was 7.40% of the total votes cast. An increase of 65% as compared to the spring vote.

This all being said, is it a pretty good leap of faith to say that, yes, the dismal year had by the football program did have negative impact in the second election of 20022? To think it did not, is simply beyond being naive and just refusing to acknowledge as to how low the program has dropped since Mr. Bell became the head coach.

In athletics they say, ball don’t lie. In elections they say, numbers don’t lie.
I certainly respect your opinion on the bond issue and how you think that the passage of the bond issue is tied to having a successful football program; no matter how wrong your opinion is.

The numbers you quoted from the past 2 votes I do not dispute. However, it has not failed 9 times, only 2. Also, while the NO votes saw a 65% gain over the previous May election, the YES votes saw a 64% gain. The key to passage is not turning around the football program or getting the NO votes to switch to YES, the key is getting the folks who haven't voted either way the past 2 elections to vote YES this May and that solely rest with the parents who are not voting.

Having a successful football program will not help the bond issue pass.

Why?

Because outside of a small portion of concerned, outspoken individuals it is obvious that the vast majority of folks in Belpre don't give 2 $hits about the quality of the football program or who the coach is here at Belpre.

My vote has been and always will be a YES for a quality bond issue (which this issue is) regardless of how successful, or not, the football or any other sports program happens to be.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I heard that Belpre is telling teams on the schedule that they might not have enough players next year.

A Kinder Yogi
Waterboy

Post by A Kinder Yogi »

Would have been easy for me to get a few of my Mingo county boys to bring their kids up but yall got no coal mines for them to work in.

Y'all are just gonna have to prove that!
OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:53 pm I heard that Belpre is telling teams on the schedule that they might not have enough players next year.
So when’s the deadline to make it official so teams could find a possible replacement team.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:53 pm I heard that Belpre is telling teams on the schedule that they might not have enough players next year.
They told us they didnt think they had enough kids to play Warren, Fort Frye, or Trimble but if we had any openings those weeks they would play us. Apparently they have enough kids to play Hannan

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:37 am
So when’s the deadline to make it official so teams could find a possible replacement team.
This all seems like a clever way to get out of playing the good teams on the schedule.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

hannancoach wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:45 am
They told us they didnt think they had enough kids to play Warren, Fort Frye, or Trimble but if we had any openings those weeks they would play us. Apparently they have enough kids to play Hannan
Why don’t they just keep the schedule as is and then pull out the old COVID excuse for the games they don’t want to play like one of the teams you mentioned did a few years ago? 😂

Return to “Football”