Belpre football

eagle25
JV Team

Re: Belpre football

Post by eagle25 »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:09 am
eagle25 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:05 am
BJCassady wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:59 pm The BOE last night hired 3 assistant coaches for football.

David Schaad, previous coaching experience Fort Frye and Warren
Eric Proctor, Warren
Phillip Doan, Fort Frye

Their coaching experience was given via the BOE. I didn't research their resumes.

I was also told that former Belpre Asst coach Jesse Berzonski, who did double duty last year at the varsity and junior high level, will recruit players at the junior high level and be their coach. He did a good job last year for us, especially getting enough players to come out so we could field a junior high team.

There may or may not be additional coaches added later by coach Welsh.

This is a good step towards turning our football program around and I seriously doubt we will be as bad as last year when we only scored 16 points.

I for one wish our previous coaches well and thank them for their time but maybe it is in the best interest of the program to start with fresh faces regardless of where they previously coached.

Hiring coaches that previously coached at Warren seems to be working out for Parkersburg High.

I wish our players and coaching staff a healthy and successful season.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
With Walsh taking all these guys from Fort Frye do they have anyone left on their staff? Or are they like Trimble and have 20 “coaches” on the sideline on Friday nights? 😎
Never heard of David Schaad or Phillip Doan. When did they coach at ff?
My guess is that Walsh is saying they coached at FF so it makes them look better and easier to get them hired. From what I was told he used his “experience” at FF to get the HC job and has told the team that he was the reason they have been so successful. Come to find out he didn’t even coach there last year apparently. But that’s the kind of guy I would want running my program LOL. I remember people saying JB made up stories about his coaching prowess when he got the job too. So it’s par for the course at Belpre it seems.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

26pages of Belpre football. man that’s a heckuva turnaround at least on the forum. hope it translates to the field for them.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
UncleRico05
Waterboy

Post by UncleRico05 »

eagle25 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:14 am
Ff3233 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:09 am
eagle25 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:05 am

With Walsh taking all these guys from Fort Frye do they have anyone left on their staff? Or are they like Trimble and have 20 “coaches” on the sideline on Friday nights? 😎
Never heard of David Schaad or Phillip Doan. When did they coach at ff?
My guess is that Walsh is saying they coached at FF so it makes them look better and easier to get them hired. From what I was told he used his “experience” at FF to get the HC job and has told the team that he was the reason they have been so successful. Come to find out he didn’t even coach there last year apparently. But that’s the kind of guy I would want running my program LOL. I remember people saying JB made up stories about his coaching prowess when he got the job too. So it’s par for the course at Belpre it seems.
I’m new to this board but I’ve read through the Belpre thread. There’s only one way for that program to go and it’s up. Give this coach and his staff some time. They are all experienced football guys. The kids at Belpre will see that real soon. I think the locals will see a big change as well. Good luck this season fellas.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:23 am 26pages of Belpre football. man that’s a heckuva turnaround at least on the forum. hope it translates to the field for them.
When people see sketchy, underhanded and back room dealings going on they feel the need to discuss. That’s how you get 26 pages about a team that hasn’t won a game in years. Don’t you wish your team could have 26 page threads too? :mrgreen:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

eagle25 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:43 am
countywide35 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:23 am 26pages of Belpre football. man that’s a heckuva turnaround at least on the forum. hope it translates to the field for them.
When people see sketchy, underhanded and back room dealings going on they feel the need to discuss. That’s how you get 26 pages about a team that hasn’t won a game in years. Don’t you wish your team could have 26 page threads too? :mrgreen:

i thought a Fort Fry coach leaving n taking the belpre job created 26pages. the fort became an instant dumpster fire and belpre arose out of the ashes

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:42 pm

i thought a Fort Fry coach leaving n taking the belpre job created 26pages. the fort became an instant dumpster fire and belpre arose out of the ashes
Oh, okay. Some people on here said those guys never even coached at Fort Frye so you must know something they don’t. Too bad for Fort and good for Belpre I guess. With all these different stories it’s not hard to imagine why there are 26 pages. 😂

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

eagle25 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:30 am
countywide35 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:42 pm

Oh, okay. Some people on here said those guys never even coached at Fort Frye so you must know something they don’t. Too bad for Fort and good for Belpre I guess. With all these different stories it’s not hard to imagine why there are 26 pages. 😂
Belpre has been and will continue to be the “dumpster fire.” The Fort will be just fine because they haven’t lost anything or anyone of any value. But ole 3-7 pulled some wool to get the job so we’ll see if he has a fire extinguisher in his bag of stories and tricks. I wish the best for the players at Belpre.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

From what I've heard, from some of the kids are excited and more kids are coming out because they said they have a coach that cares. This is all I'm going to say because it's not right bashing on here because knowing that the kids see it. I wish nothing but best of luck to Belpre and hope things turn around. When a coach can get the kids to buy into of what they are trying to do things turn out great. Just tried seeing negative thoughts which is your right but remember the kids read these posts too. If Belpre is successful this year then I love see some of you guys eat crow lol....Let's just be excited that high school football is right around the corner.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

96Champ wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:59 am From what I've heard, from some of the kids are excited and more kids are coming out because they said they have a coach that cares. This is all I'm going to say because it's not right bashing on here because knowing that the kids see it. I wish nothing but best of luck to Belpre and hope things turn around. When a coach can get the kids to buy into of what they are trying to do things turn out great. Just tried seeing negative thoughts which is your right but remember the kids read these posts too. If Belpre is successful this year then I love see some of you guys eat crow lol....Let's just be excited that high school football is right around the corner.
I don’t think a coach taking credit for something he didn’t do is the best thing, especially for the first time he meets the players. That might make him look good in the short term but players don’t take long to figure people like that out. But I do hope it works out for the players sake.

Ho Lee Fuk
Waterboy

Post by Ho Lee Fuk »

best wishes to the gold eagles

Me love you longtime!
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

i’m stunned there is 26pages of Belpre football headed into June.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

countywide35 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:20 pm i’m stunned there is 26pages of Belpre football headed into June.
Yeah but when you read through you realize the thread mimics Belpre football. Lots of drama. Foolhardy decision making by them young admins. Hiring of worn out coaches who are way past their prime if they even had a prime. Crazy predictions about a quick turnaround. And lots of discussion about levies and other sports that also stink. If I were a kid in Belpre that was any good at all, i would pay a visit to Parkersburg Catholic. At least they have a plan in place. The influx of Belpres best would put them back on the map.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

countywide35 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:20 pm i’m stunned there is 26pages of Belpre football headed into June.

I realize you’re trying to be funny but I’m not sure you realize that this thread was started at the beginning of last season. :shock:

Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

Anyone have the schedule for Belpre? I heard they added some tough opponents for 2023.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Here ya go
Attachments
IMG_2137.png
IMG_2138.png

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

First two games are fixing to be rough. Warren should be much improved and Fort Frye is, well, Fort Frye.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

beg003 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:31 am First two games are fixing to be rough. Warren should be much improved and Fort Frye is, well, Fort Frye.
Yeah but since Welch was the reason Warren was good a few years ago and also the reason for Fort’s recent dominance he should be able to out coach them both. Plus with the 45 players reportedly showing up for workouts and the whole staff being from Warren and/or the Fort Belpre could win both games. :mrgreen:

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

beg003 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:31 am First two games are fixing to be rough. Warren should be much improved and Fort Frye is, well, Fort Frye.
Warren has lost a ton of talent from last years team. Not sure they’ll be too improved.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Calvin wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:48 am
Yeah but since Welch was the reason Warren was good a few years ago and also the reason for Fort’s recent dominance he should be able to out coach them both. Plus with the 45 players reportedly showing up for workouts and the whole staff being from Warren and/or the Fort Belpre could win both games. :mrgreen:
Welsh went 4-6 at Warren over 20 years ago

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

And NEVER had a winning record.

Return to “Football”