Belpre football

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre football

Post by DUNK1 »

RadioLady wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:09 am Its good to hear that enigmaax is getting back into coaching. He had some good teams that underperformed at Eastern but my guess is that he will get maximum performance from a better caliber of athlete at Belpre. Eastern will regret this hire.
Eastern’s biggest regret is letting my boy leave. They should have given him what he deserved and he might have stayed. Now they get to endure the annual beatings he puts on them. I never heard of this Enigmatic guy coaching at Eastern so he must have been pretty bad for me not to even hear of him. I know the only two good coaches they ever had and he ain’t one of them. But the best thing for a basketball program is a bad football coach. Maybe that’s what Belpre AD is thinking. He is a Warren guy and everyone knows Warren is a basketball school.

greyghost
Waterboy

Post by greyghost »

DUNK1 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:38 am
RadioLady wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:09 am Its good to hear that enigmaax is getting back into coaching. He had some good teams that underperformed at Eastern but my guess is that he will get maximum performance from a better caliber of athlete at Belpre. Eastern will regret this hire.
Eastern’s biggest regret is letting my boy leave. They should have given him what he deserved and he might have stayed. Now they get to endure the annual beatings he puts on them. I never heard of this Enigmatic guy coaching at Eastern so he must have been pretty bad for me not to even hear of him. I know the only two good coaches they ever had and he ain’t one of them. But the best thing for a basketball program is a bad football coach. Maybe that’s what Belpre AD is thinking. He is a Warren guy and everyone knows Warren is a basketball school.
You reading my mind? I’ve been thinking all along that the Warren guy would hire the worst possible candidate so the basketball team would be the dominant program. He would have loved to have kept Bell and his 8 man plans but he realized he couldn’t pull that off. So next best thing is hire the worst coach he could find. I’m glad someone else is seeing this and it’s not just me.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Fletchlives wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:34 am
Tomcat Queen wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:28 pm
Fletchlives wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:56 pm

From one losing coach to another
Is the new loser planning to duck Trimble like everyone says they are?

I wasn’t calling them a loser. I said they had losing records
Isn’t that the definition of a loser?

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
JBsezBELIEVE
Waterboy

Post by JBsezBELIEVE »

greyghost wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:09 am
You reading my mind? I’ve been thinking all along that the Warren guy would hire the worst possible candidate so the basketball team would be the dominant program. He would have loved to have kept Bell and his 8 man plans but he realized he couldn’t pull that off. So next best thing is hire the worst coach he could find. I’m glad someone else is seeing this and it’s not just me.
Ain’t nuthin wrong with a little 8 man football. My boysz would have dominated in 8 man last year. You can be sure though that this ain’t settled yet. We still in the fight. Hopefully next season we still be teaching life lessons and winning ways.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

JBsezBELIEVE wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:53 pm

Ain’t nuthin wrong with a little 8 man football. My boysz would have dominated in 8 man last year. You can be sure though that this ain’t settled yet. We still in the fight. Hopefully next season we still be teaching life lessons and winning ways.
Hopefully they’ll have an 11 man team so Thimble will be able to brag about “beating the brakes” off of someone.

JBsezBELIEVE
Waterboy

Post by JBsezBELIEVE »

It looks like there still hasnt been a solid hire. I can always come back.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:35 am
JBsezBELIEVE wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:53 pm

Hopefully they’ll have an 11 man team so Thimble will be able to brag about “beating the brakes” off of someone.
We’ll definitely beat the brakes off of Belpre if they play us. But I’ve heard that they are going to try to dodge us.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
drama123
Waterboy

Post by drama123 »

I personally know Kevin Welsh and if the rumors are true that he is hired for the new head coaching job then congrats on getting someone who cares about the kids and improving every aspect of the program. He has never had a problem getting kids to come out for the team, even at small schools like Eastern and Frontier. He isn't going to cuss and belittle them to where they give up and want to quit. He will make sure they are giving their all and expects effort in everything, including the weight room and classroom. Warren's weight room is all because of him, and if you wonder why warren's programs have done well in a lot of sports, go look at that weight room and the equipment that he has ensured that the students have and the workout programs to improve strength and conditioning. I've also seen him at football conferences, so even though he has over 40+ years of coaching experience, he's making sure that he's still learning and perfecting his craft. And for those who keep talking about "Warren buddies", Warren did him dirty when he was a coach, so I'm sure there isn't much love there. Yes he went 4-6, and was non-renewed, but it was all politics with a board who's arse he wasn't going to kiss. They thought they could get better coaches, and subsequently went 0-10, 0-10, 2-8, 1-9, 3-7, and 3-7 the years after. So if they give him a chance to actually build the program, then it will be a great hire and get Belpre back to a respectable program that they used to be.

Sharon Peters
Waterboy

Post by Sharon Peters »

JBsezBELIEVE wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:33 am It looks like there still hasnt been a solid hire. I can always come back.
I hear the delay in hiring is because the AD got a last second call from that Pendleton boy at Ironton. Could they possibly repost the job and give him an interview?

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Sharon Peters wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:45 am
JBsezBELIEVE wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:33 am It looks like there still hasnt been a solid hire. I can always come back.
I hear the delay in hiring is because the AD got a last second call from that Pendleton boy at Ironton. Could they possibly repost the job and give him an interview?
It will snow on the equator before an Ironton coach goes to Belpre.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:08 am
It will snow on the equator before an Ironton coach goes to Belpre.

That happens more than you think. Plus you guys found an ironton reject. Maybe we can get one too.

JBsezBELIEVE
Waterboy

Post by JBsezBELIEVE »

Looks like Pendleton and JB are both in the mix for multiple jobs. I have to believe they are at the top of the list for each job. Can’t imagine that Pendleton isn’t honored to be considered in the same category as JB.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Among various personnel matters approved, the board announced the hiring of Kevin P. Welsh Sr. as the new head football coach for Belpre High School. Welsh previously coached at Riverside and Fort Frye before coming to Belpre.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

Well its official and it makes me happy to say:

CONGRATULATIONS, ENIGMAAX! HERE IS WISHING YOU MANY WINS OVER TRIMBLE AND TVC TITLES!

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:02 am Well its official and it makes me happy to say:

CONGRATULATIONS, ENIGMAAX! HERE IS WISHING YOU MANY WINS OVER TRIMBLE AND TVC TITLES!
Thanks! Webfoot S offense is about to rule Washington County, the TVC, Region 23, the State of Ohio, the USA Today Top 25 and within 5 years we hope to join the SEC (provided we can get out of the WTAP contract we’re about to land). Ten years from now we may have to restart NFL Europe just to find competition.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

chrishilton91 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:09 am Among various personnel matters approved, the board announced the hiring of Kevin P. Welsh Sr. as the new head football coach for Belpre High School. Welsh previously coached at Riverside and Fort Frye before coming to Belpre.
If he puts a good staff together, and gets some of the athletes walking the hallways to play football, Belpre will be just fine.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Welcome to coach Welsh.

This is a good hire for Belpre.

He has a solid background as both a HC and asst in other successful programs to help start the rebuilding process at Belpre. I hope that he is able to get some experienced asst coaches who have had prior success in coaching HS football to help him.

We need to get more boys out for the program and skill them in executing the basics, blocking, tackling etc on every play. Concentrating on the basics will turn the program around.

Looking forward to the upcoming season.

The turn around will not happen overnight but this is the first step of many to becoming a respectable program once again.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Don’t know much about Welsh other than that he was a key assistant at FF for several years. But honestly, almost anyone would be a vast improvement over Bell. Welsh is actually a real football coach.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:07 pm Don’t know much about Welsh other than that he was a key assistant at FF for several years. But honestly, almost anyone would be a vast improvement over Bell. Welsh is actually a real football coach.
For where they’re at, he’s a good hire. The kids will actually be coached by a competent football coach. They’ll have a weight program and summer team activity. They’ll definitely be a wing T team given that’a been his background as a coach.

Homie Chadwell
Riding the Bench

Post by Homie Chadwell »

His eastern teams couldnt score on Trimble. Belpre couldnt score on Trimble. Future prediction = no points scored against Trimble. Phil gonna stuff that Wing T where the sun dont shine.

Return to “Football”