New Interview: Jordan Essig Bethel-Tate High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name
Jordan Essig

School
Bethel-Tate High School.

Positions (including special teams)
WR/KO/KOR/QB/FS.

After watching your HUDL highlights, the first thing I noticed was that you are a very versatile player. How difficult is it to prepare yourself for all of the positions you play?

There’s definitely a lot of stuff I have to remember in such a short amount of time but it did get much easier throughout the season and I was excited to have so many opportunities throughout it.

Which side of the ball do you prefer? Why?
I prefer offense just because since I started as a football player I’ve mainly played on that side of the ball so it’s really what I’ve gotten used to throughout my time playing. However, I do still enjoy playing defense.

How often do you watch film on opposing teams?
I try to study other teams film as much as I can, especially who my matchup will be on Friday.

What is the most enjoyable part of playing football?
There is so much to enjoy about football but my favorite is probably the Friday night lights which is hard to beat but a close second is also the family aspect of the sport.

What is the toughest part about playing football?
There are definitely a lot of tough parts of football but I believe it’s the pre-season grind before we actually get into the season which is just such a long grind but for sure worth it in the long run.

Other than your own stadium, which stadium do you enjoy playing in?
My favorite stadium to play in is New Richmond’s field because they just have some pretty solid facilities in general and I really like playing on their turf. The only tough part about this stadium is it’s definitely not the easiest atmosphere to play in they have some great fans.

What have you done during the off-season to help improve your game?
I’ve done some speed and agility training with my trainer and have been trying to get to the gym every day.

Can you tell us the best part about playing for your father as well as the toughest part?
Playing with my father as a coach definitely has its ups and downs. One of my definite highlights is I was able to always be on the field when I was younger from holding the tee to eventually playing myself and that’s really given me the ability to get super close to the sport. However, of course one of the obvious downsides is that I have to prove myself a lot more in many situations and really always have to be on my best because due to being the coach's son my flaws get vocalized a lot more which makes me work harder.

What other sports do you play if any?
The only other sport that I play is basketball.

What is your favorite class?
Social Studies, because I’m best at and it’s just cool to learn about wars and everything else.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: New Interview: Jordan Essig Bethel-Tate High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Looked at
923 on Twitter
7 Ovathletics
99 Yappi
56 Southeasternohiopreps
Not able to count facebook
Well over 1,000 showing Ohio loves high school football

Return to “Football”