Fairland 14 Portsmouth West 13 2022

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Portsmouth west @ Fairland WK 1

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Great test for west week 1. Fairland is a hard place to win. Visitors take bug spray because you will get ate alive on the visitor side. I’m not sure what fairland has but this should be a great year for west and taking them by 7. Also west is used to playing on real grass so that will help even though they have a new turf field this year.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

West gets this one.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Very sloppy start for West. Fairland has completely controlled field position. And Sissel has been a non factor.

Good news is the defense has played great. Fairland got a gimme with a dropped ball on the punt attempt, giving them the ball on the 2 and easy walk in. We started to get an offense gro9ve going before half but ran out of time at the 12. Would like to see some more fire, looking bland.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:32 pm Very sloppy start for West. Fairland has completely controlled field position. And Sissel has been a non factor.

Good news is the defense has played great. Fairland got a gimme with a dropped ball on the punt attempt, giving them the ball on the 2 and easy walk in. We started to get an offense gro9ve going before half but ran out of time at the 12. Would like to see some more fire, looking bland.
Hope it's just a sluggish start I was expecting a lot from West this year, specially Sissel.

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

#CRICKETS

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Fairland wins

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:32 pm Very sloppy start for West. Fairland has completely controlled field position. And Sissel has been a non factor.

Why didn't they kick a FG?? If they do they win by 2.

WrestlingFootball
Riding the Bench

Post by WrestlingFootball »

WrestlingFootball wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:52 pm Should be a good game just like last year. I'm going with Fairland by 3.
Missed it by 2. But was a great game.

Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

Back to back years the outcome of this game came down to a blocked extra point.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

I’ll just say this…Wests season is normally based on their game against Fairland:

Big win…great season.
Win a close game…decent season.
Loss…average season at best.

Prepare for an average season!

Sorry, would love to see West contend for a SOC title, but not going to happen.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

West Fairland team stats
West Fairland team stats

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the Dragons on a nice win.

Dragon551990
Waterboy

Post by Dragon551990 »

Only stats that matters is the W-L column. Dragons D line and backers were stout all game long. Did enough to win and missed on several other big plays. Great win Dragons! On to the next week. Oh by the way this is the projected 4th place team beating the projected 1st/2nd team in the might SOC. 🤣

Dragon551990
Waterboy

Post by Dragon551990 »

OVC definitely the dominant league this year compared to the SOC

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

From reading about West (Whom I will see later this season) Fairland is going to be good or West isn't going to be as good as thought. Good luck to both teams, one game does not make a season but it can, at times break it.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

West blew this one.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

1. It’s hard to run when there is nowhere to run. Fairland has a couple huge guys and they loaded the box with the Safeties flying up as well on anything that looked like a run.

2. If West plays even on special teams they probably score more and don’t give them 7 points by giving Fairland the ball at the 2 and continually starting drives inside the 10. Good thing is these are easily correctable.

Fairland is a good team. They are tough and they will hit you. They had a good defensive plan to stop West’s running game.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Tough loss for the Senators. Plenty of time to turn it around before the Burg showdown.

WrestlingFootball
Riding the Bench

Post by WrestlingFootball »

Special teams and the scoreboard are the only two places Fairland won this game. The bad snap and sack on the punter. The blocked extra point. And like you said Fairlands kicking team pinning West back. Both teams I thought played good D.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Fairland is a good team. They are well coached and knew they needed to stop Sissel. They executed it perfectly. Having said that, at the end of the day West beat West. Fumbled punt attempt gives them a gimme on the 2 yard line. Not kicking a field goal before half. Costly false starts. And not being able to kick an extra point. Two years in a row this game came down to missed extra points.

Irwin had 2 picks, but he played his guts out. He has developed a great pocket presence and made plays all night long with his legs. I dont know why we roll him out so much. I think he does much better sitting in the pocket. Our defense played tremendous. Giving up less than 20 yards on the ground and for the most part through the air. It's the long balls that have plagued us for a long time. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't know why one of the shortest kids on the team goes into coverage. Teams exploit him every week when they put a tall receiver and go over the top to him.

West will win some ball games and they do have the talent to win the league. But the play calling down the stretch needs to improve and the boys need to learn how to finish the game out. Next week will be tough. I'm confident sissel will get going against the Trojans defense. I am concerned about Lattimore as a receiver.

On a non football note, Fairland stadium was one of the worst I have ever been to. For starters their was one gate open to get in with two old ladies taking money. I've never seen that long of a line, it was backed out to the road. Most people missed the first quarter. The seating is still terrible. The scoreboard didn't work. By the 4th quarter one of the lights was throwing off Sparks and catching on fire. And I'm all for student sections getting loud and having fun. But I talked to several grown adults that had to walk by it to get to the restroom and all of them couldn't belive some of the stuff they were saying. Very trashy things that most schools wouldn't tolerate.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Return to “Football”